Subject: [Mentoring-coordinators] Internet Labs Draft

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2017 16:28:07 +0000 (UTC)

Team,

If anyone is interested, we have just done an I-D for a proposed concept for "Internet Labs".   We hope this will be of interest.

https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-chowbat-irl-00

The abstract is here:

Many people learn technical concepts best in a hands-on environment, 
and Internet protocols and standards are no exception. Internet 
Research Labs (IRL) will facilitate a platform and encourage the 
technical community (seasoned professionals and newcomers alike) to 
discuss, collaborate, design and develop utilities, ideas, sample 
code and solutions that show practical implementations (Proof of 
Concept) of existing IETF standards. These labs may also be used by 
the IETF Mentoring Program and/or EDU teams for hands-on training to 
mentees or newcomers. This base draft intends to provide a high-level 
overview of the concept of Internet Research Labs in terms of 
objectives, requirements, challenges and deliverables without going 
into details of a specific lab, technology or an IETF Working Group 
(WG). After this draft matures and gains traction within the IETF 
community, we foresee more and more Internet drafts for the specific 
labs. 

Thanks,

Nalini Elkins
Inside Products, Inc.
www.insidethestack.com
(831) 659-8360