Subject: [Mentoring-coordinators] IETF101 mentoring & Quick Connections - Thanks & Follow-Up

From: Niels ten Oever <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2018 18:37:50 +0200

Dear mentors,

Thank you very much for your involvement with the mentoring programme
and the quick connections session. It was great to see the community
come together and provide support for many newcomers.

Before IETF102 we will try to streamline the process and contact you
further in advance. We are also working on a questionnaire which we will
hope you will fill-in so we can even better match the needs of the
mentors and mentees.

Finally we would like to re-emphasize that the main purpose of the
mentoring programme is to make people feel welcome in the IETF. How
we mentor the newcomers should not depend on their prior knowledge,
position, affiliation or positions. We do ask you to take this strongly
into account during future mentoring and quick connection sessions.

If you have any questions or comments about the mentoring program,
please email us at [email-masked].  We will also be
sending out a follow-up (short) survey in the near future.

We are greatly looking forward to continue working with you all.

Best,

Wes and Niels