Subject: [MEXT] I-D Action:draft-ietf-mext-binding-revocation-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 11:45:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Mobility EXTensions for IPv6 Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Binding Revocation for IPv6 Mobility
	Author(s)       : A. Muhanna, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mext-binding-revocation-04.txt
	Pages           : 36
	Date            : 2009-03-24

This document defines a binding revocation mechanism to terminate a
mobile node's mobility session and the associated resources.  These
semantics are generic enough and can be used by mobility entities in
the case of Mobile IPv6 and its extensions.  This mechanism allows
the mobility entity which initiates the revocation procedure to
request its corresponding one to terminate either one, multiple or
all specified binding cache entries.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mext-binding-revocation-04.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: "Ahmad Muhanna" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 16:08:12 -0500

Hello All,

We submitted a new revision 04 which addresses all issues that were
raised during the LC related to the Alt Care-of Address. The following
is summary of the main changes from rev 03:

1. Maintained the rev 03 text for Alt Care-of address use in BRI which
seems to be acceptable to all.
2. Defined two categories of the Revocation Triggers, (Reserved and
per-MN) and (Global).
3. Defined two new R. Triggers: Revocation Trigger NOT Supported and
Revocation Function NOT Supported and added related scenarios.
4. Added text to reference the Revocation Trigger value: "Possible
Out-of Sync BCE State"
5. Maintained rev 03 text for the MAG to send BRI for Global revocation.
No text was added to allow the MAG to send BRI in the case of a single
mobile node binding.
6. Added explicit text to which UDP port the BRI use as destination port
in case of IPv4 transport.
7. Rewrote the IANA section to make sure that all required new
namespaces are documented.
8. Maintained consistency in the use of Type 2 routing header in figures
and text.
9. Addressed many editorial comments and enhancement of the text in
several places and eliminated some redundant texts.

Please take a look and let me know if anything is missing.

Regards,
Ahmad

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
[email-masked]
Sent: Tuesday, March 24, 2009 11:45 AM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-mext-binding-revocation-04.txt 

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Mobility EXTensions for IPv6 Working
Group of the IETF.

This document defines a binding revocation mechanism to terminate a
mobile node's mobility session and the associated resources.  These
semantics are generic enough and can be used by mobility entities in the
case of Mobile IPv6 and its extensions.  This mechanism allows the
mobility entity which initiates the revocation procedure to request its
corresponding one to terminate either one, multiple or all specified
binding cache entries.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mext-binding-revocation-0
4.txt