Subject: [MEXT] New revision for rfc3775bis; new text for issue #10

From: "Charles E. Perkins" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Mar 2009 14:27:23 -0800

Hello folks,

For issue #10, I have made the following revision to the text,
also in section 11.4.1.  "Dynamic Home Agent Address Discovery"

OLD:

>            In trying each of the returned home agent addresses, the
>    mobile node SHOULD try each of them in the order they appear in the
>    Home Agent Addresses field in the received Home Agent Address
>    Discovery Reply message.

NEW:

>            In trying each of the returned home agent addresses, the
>    mobile node SHOULD try each of them in the order they appear in the
>    Home Agent Addresses field in the received Home Agent Address
>    Discovery Reply message.  In order to do this, the mobile node SHOULD
>    store the list of home agents for later use in case the home agent
>    currently managing the mobile node's care-of address forwarding
>    should become unavailable.  The list MAY be stored, along with any
>    available lifetime information for the home agent addresses, in
>    nonvolatile memory to survive reboots by the mobile node.

I believe this fairly represents the intention of the the
proposed resolution to the issue, but if not please let
me know ASAP.

Regards,
Charlie P.

---

From: Alexandru Petrescu <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2009 09:14:37 +0100

>>    nonvolatile memory to survive reboots by the mobile node.

Sounds good, but isn't that the Home Agents List? (defined in 10.1.).

Alex

> _______________________________________________
> MEXT mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mext
>

---

From: Vijay Devarapalli <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2009 11:36:11 -0800

> Sounds good, but isn't that the Home Agents List? (defined in 10.1.).

No. The Home Agents List is a data structure maintained by a Home Agent. 
   See section 4.5 of RFC 3775.

    Home Agents List

       Home agents need to know which other home agents are on the same
       link.  This information is stored in the Home Agents List, as
       described in more detail in Section 10.1.  The list is used for
       informing mobile nodes during dynamic home agent address
       discovery.

Vijay