Subject: [MEXT] I-D Action:draft-ietf-mext-binding-revocation-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 14:45:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Mobility EXTensions for IPv6 Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Binding Revocation for IPv6 Mobility
	Author(s)       : A. Muhanna, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mext-binding-revocation-05.txt
	Pages           : 36
	Date            : 2009-03-30

This document defines a binding revocation mechanism to terminate a
mobile node's mobility session and the associated resources.  These
semantics are generic enough and can be used by mobility entities in
the case of Mobile IPv6 and its extensions.  This mechanism allows
the mobility entity which initiates the revocation procedure to
request its corresponding one to terminate either one, multiple or
all specified binding cache entries.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mext-binding-revocation-05.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: "Ahmad Muhanna" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 17:09:50 -0500

Hello All,

A new revision (05) of the Binding Revocation has been published which
addresses all issues that have been raised thus far. Here is a list of
the changes:

1. R. Trigger value "CAN NOT Identify Binding" has been replaced by
"Revoked Mobile Nodes Identity Required" 

2. Deleted the Trigger value "IPv4 HoA Lease Expires". In that scenario,
"User Initiated Session(s) Termination" was used.

3. Missed aligning the LMA section 9.1.1. with the HA with respect to
mandate the use of care of address as the destination IP address.

4. rev 04 mandates that the HA MUST NOT include any BID options in case
it intends to release all multi-CoA bindings. It seems that is a very
strict rule. Demoted that to SHOULD NOT, because the HA could include
all BIDs, that still should be a valid case.

5. Removed the Status "IPv4 Home Address Binding Does NOT Exist" and
used in that scenario "Binding Does NOT Exist" because the (V) bit is
set in the case of IPv4 HoA revocation and there is NO need for another
status. 

6. Made all Revocation Trigger which handles Inter-MAG Handoff as one R.
Trigger "Inter-MAG Handover". Updated text accordingly.

7. Minor editorials here and there ....

Regards,
Ahmad

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
[email-masked]
Sent: Monday, March 30, 2009 4:45 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [MEXT] I-D Action:draft-ietf-mext-binding-revocation-05.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Mobility EXTensions for IPv6 Working
Group of the IETF.

This document defines a binding revocation mechanism to terminate a
mobile node's mobility session and the associated resources.  These
semantics are generic enough and can be used by mobility entities in the
case of Mobile IPv6 and its extensions.  This mechanism allows the
mobility entity which initiates the revocation procedure to request its
corresponding one to terminate either one, multiple or all specified
binding cache entries.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mext-binding-revocation-0
5.txt