Subject: [MEXT] I-D Action:draft-ietf-mext-binding-revocation-11.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 5 Sep 2009 01:00:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Mobility EXTensions for IPv6 Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Binding Revocation for IPv6 Mobility
	Author(s)       : A. Muhanna, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mext-binding-revocation-11.txt
	Pages           : 43
	Date            : 2009-09-05

This document defines a binding revocation mechanism to terminate a
mobile node's mobility session and the associated resources.  These
semantics are generic enough and can be used by mobility entities in
the case of Mobile IPv6 and its extensions.  This mechanism allows
the mobility entity which initiates the revocation procedure to
request its peer to terminate either one, multiple or all specified
binding(s).

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mext-binding-revocation-11.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: "Ahmad Muhanna" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 5 Sep 2009 03:08:30 -0500

Hello All,
We published a new revision to address the IESG DISCUSS and GEN-ART
comments. 

In summary, here is a list of the major changes:

1. Enhanced to the security text mainly under section 6.1. and section
13 (Security Considerations) and eliminated the Security Model section.

2. Enhanced the text for MAG authorization and defined a default
mechanism as specified under section 13, Security Considerations.

3. Added text to clearly specify that the current specification uses
mobile node identifier option, MN-ID, with subtype 1, as stated mainly
under section 5.1. In addition, we defined the format of "wild card" NAI
as per the use of this specification, text under section 8.1.1.

4. Clarified that the responder sends BRA only if the Acknowledge (A)
bit is set. Text was tweaked in several places.

5. all nits and editorial comments....

Regards,
Ahmad

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On 
> Behalf Of [email-masked]
> Sent: Saturday, September 05, 2009 3:00 AM
> To: [email-masked]
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Subject: [MEXT] I-D Action:draft-ietf-mext-binding-revocation-11.txt
> 
> This document defines a binding revocation mechanism to 
> terminate a mobile node's mobility session and the associated 
> resources.  These semantics are generic enough and can be 
> used by mobility entities in the case of Mobile IPv6 and its 
> extensions.  This mechanism allows the mobility entity which 
> initiates the revocation procedure to request its peer to 
> terminate either one, multiple or all specified binding(s).
> 
> Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail 
> reader implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII 
> version of the Internet-Draft.
>