Subject: [MEXT] hello, everyone,i have the question,thanks

From: 郭跃华 <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2009 19:23:36 +0800

Now i want to build an Dsmip experimental scenario in my lab.  In the home

link,there is the ha which has the ipv4 address and ipv6 address. In the
foreign

link,there is the AR,it is the dhcp server and i have installed the
dhcp3-server

package. I have configured the node and the server assigned the address from
192.168.5.*
when the mn move from the  home to the foreign, My understanding is that
this

moving node should get the ipv4 address automatically. But when i use the

wireshark for capturing the packets in mn, I found that mn node always send
the

ARP packets, The contents of this package is to ask whether there are nodes

which has the 192.168.5.11 address in the current network, and can not
obtain the

ipv4 address????
    Has anyone known how to solve this problem? thans a lot

---

From: Sri Gundavelli <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Dec 2009 09:03:46 -0800

It appears to be performing the link-change detection after the interface
flap. Per the DNAv4 procedures, most stacks like Windows wireless clients
ARP for the default router on the link and if it won’t get the response from
the default router, it will move the DHCP client state to INIT-REBOOT state
and should obtain a new IPv4 address on that foreign link.

Sri

On 12/9/09 3:23 AM, "郭跃华" <[email-masked]> wrote:

> ackets in mn, I found that mn node always send the
> 
> which has the 192.168.5.11 address in the current network, and can not obtain
> the 
> 
> ipv4 address????