Subject: [MEXT] RFC 6275 on Mobility Support in IPv6

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2011 17:30:38 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6275

        Title:      Mobility Support in IPv6 
        Author:     C. Perkins, Ed.,
                    D. Johnson, J. Arkko
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       July 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      169
        Characters: 405488
        Obsoletes:  RFC3775

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mext-rfc3775bis-13.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6275.txt

This document specifies Mobile IPv6, a protocol that allows nodes to
remain reachable while moving around in the IPv6 Internet.  Each
mobile node is always identified by its home address, regardless of
its current point of attachment to the Internet.  While situated away
from its home, a mobile node is also associated with a care-of
address, which provides information about the mobile node's current
location.  IPv6 packets addressed to a mobile node's home address are
transparently routed to its care-of address.  The protocol enables
IPv6 nodes to cache the binding of a mobile node's home address with
its care-of address, and to then send any packets destined for the
mobile node directly to it at this care-of address.  To support this
operation, Mobile IPv6 defines a new IPv6 protocol and a new
destination option.  All IPv6 nodes, whether mobile or stationary,
can communicate with mobile nodes.  This document obsoletes RFC 3775.
[STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the Mobility EXTensions for IPv6 Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

---

From: marcelo bagnulo braun <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 09 Jul 2011 08:47:37 +0200

This is out. Congratulations to everyone and especially thanks to charly 
for editing it.

-------- Mensaje original --------
Asunto: 	RFC 6275 on Mobility Support in IPv6
Fecha: 	Fri, 8 Jul 2011 17:30:38 -0700 (PDT)
De: 	[email-masked]
Para: 	[email-masked], [email-masked]
CC: 	[email-masked], [email-masked]

         RFC 6275

The RFC Editor Team

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce