Subject: [MEXT] MobOpts, Meeting in Quebec City

From: Rajeev Koodli <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 9 Jul 2011 10:44:20 -0700

Folks,

FYI.. MobOpts will be meeting in Quebec City (please see below).
Among other things, this can be a good forum to discuss some "nascent"
topics (see below).

Regards,

-Rajeev

------ Forwarded Message
From: Rajeev Koodli <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2011 17:37:56 -0700
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: Suresh Krishnan <[email-masked]>
Conversation: RG Status, Meeting in Quebec City
Subject: RG Status, Meeting in Quebec City

Hello folks,

It's been a while.. I wanted to share with you a quick status update.

First, RFC 6252 (Media Independent Pre-authentication Framework) was
published. Congratulations to the authors and the RG! So, we have
published all the outstanding documents (5 RFCs in all).

Next, let me introduce Suresh Krishnan as the new co-chair of MobOpts.
Suresh is keen on providing the rejuvenation the RG can benefit from,
and will the lead the effort.

We have had some exchange on this. The thinking is to broaden the
scope of the mobility work, including (but not limited to) the
following:

- Investigate new mobility mechanisms and architectures, publish them
as peer-reviewed publications.

- Investigate privacy in mobile networks, especially with IPv6

- Investigate mobile device policy management for functions such as
network discovery, congestion reporting and flow management

- provide a general forum for discussing mobility studies in a larger
sense such as vehicular networks, personal area networks, 4G
performance studies, testbed evaluations etc.

- provide a forum for discussing experimental testbeds, results and so forth.

We would like to hear your thoughts.

We are on the agenda for the Quebec City IETF. Please let us know if
you would like to request a slot on any relevant topic. At this point,
we are open for any new relevant topics.

Regards,

-Rajeev Koodli, Suresh Krishnan

------ End of Forwarded Message

---

From: Behcet Sarikaya <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2011 08:42:45 -0700 (PDT)

> Among other things, this can be a good forum to discuss some  "nascent"

What does "nascent" mean?

Regards,

Behcet

---

From: Rajeev Koodli <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2011 09:33:45 -0700

For our purposes here, topics that don't have an IETF specification yet.
I called out some topics in the email.

Regards,

-Rajeev

On 7/11/11 8:42 AM, "Behcet Sarikaya" <[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> MEXT mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mext

---

From: Alexandru Petrescu <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2011 18:45:47 +0200

Le 11/07/2011 17:42, Behcet Sarikaya a écrit :
>> Among other things, this can be a good forum to discuss some
>> "nascent" topics (see below).
>
>

Sounds as issued by latin "nascere"(?) - something being conceived as we
speak, to be born soon, seeds, too raw to be considered by mature WGs.

But I stand corrected by wikipedians :-)

Alex

>
> Regards,
>
> Behcet
>
> _______________________________________________ MEXT mailing list
> [email-masked] https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mext
>

---

From: Behcet Sarikaya <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2011 12:00:16 -0700 (PDT)

-
> I called out some topics in the  email.
Thanks Rajiv.

I think you listed mobility studies in vehicular networks, could be good 
opportunity for Alex, et al. :-)

Regards,

Behcet