Subject: [MEXT] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-perkins-mext-sffexts-00.txt

From: "Charles E. Perkins" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Jul 2011 17:08:34 -0700

Hello folks,

I have submitted a new Internet Draft detailing a new mechanism
for helping the MN to interact with the SFF handover optimization
infrastructure for suitable wireless networks.  This work is
related to efforts within IEEE 802.21(c) specifying handover
operations for wireless handsets with multiple radio interfaces
running in single-radio mode.

This document is also available at the following URL:
http://www.psg.com/~charliep/txt/ietf81/draft-perkins-mext-sffexts-00.txt

The document is still undergoing revision; if warranted, an
updated document with corrections and improvements will be
resubmitted ASAP before IETF 81.

Regards,
Charlie P.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-perkins-mext-sffexts-00.txt
Date: Mon, 04 Jul 2011 16:50:12 -0700
From: <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
CC: <[email-masked]>,	<[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-perkins-mext-sffexts-00.txt has been 
successfully submitted by Charles Perkins and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-perkins-mext-sffexts
Revision:	 00
Title:		 SFF Extensions for Mobile IPv6
Creation date:	 2011-07-04
WG ID:		 Individual Submission
Number of pages: 13

Abstract:
    A mobile node with multiple radio interfaces running in single-radio
    mode will typically need IP address continuity as it migrates from
    one 4G wireless network to another; Mobile IPv6 is very well suited
    for that purpose.  For such mobile nodes using Mobile IP, mobility
    management by the home agent can be extended to provide necessary
    information about the Signal Forwarding Functions (SFFs) that have
    been defined for WiMAX and for eHRPD/CDMA networks.  In this
    document, we explain the operations required to support single-radio
    mobile nodes and specify new extensions to Mobile IPv6 Binding Update
    and Binding Acknowledgement for supporting ease of access between
    mobile nodes and SFFs.

The IETF Secretariat