Subject: [MIB-DOCTORS] note at http://www.ietf.org/copyrights/ianamib.html

From: "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2013 08:48:29 +0000

We received the following AUTH48 comment from the RFC Editor on RFC 6933 <draft-ietf-eman-rfc4133bis-06.txt>: 

----

6) Section 3: It is not clear whether the following text should appear
in the MIB.  This URL has not appeared in an RFC since RFC 4836, which
was published before the TLP was introduced.  Please confirm that
inclusion of the following is correct  (note that it appears in 2 of
the 3 MIBs):  

                   Supplementary information may be available at:                    
                   http://www.ietf.org/copyrights/ianamib.html

Section 3.2:
            The initial version of this MIB module was published in 
            RFC 6933; for full legal notices see the RFC itself.
            Supplementary information may be available at:
            http://www.ietf.org/copyrights/ianamib.html

Section 3.3:
                      Supplementary information may be available at:
                      http://www.ietf.org/copyrights/ianamib.html

Please let us know if any changes are needed.  

-----

The note at http://www.ietf.org/copyrights/ianamib.html is still there and seems to provide useful information. Was it superseded by something else? 

Thanks and Regards,

Mouli and Dan

---

From: Juergen Schoenwaelder <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2013 11:29:40 +0200

Hi,

I think the sentence should be removed from the UUID-TC-MIB defined in
section 3.3 since this MIB module is not an IANA maintained MIB
module.

What the correct legal words are for IANA maintained MIB modules is
beyond my area of expertise. All I can note is that IANA-PWE3-MIB
(introduced in RFC 5601) does not have this pointer (but then it has a
different legal blurb as well). What the right statement for IANA
maintained stuff is is likely more a question for legal / trust
experts. I note that the outcome likely will affect other IANA
maintained things, including YANG modules.

/js

On Thu, Apr 11, 2013 at 08:48:29AM +0000, Romascanu, Dan (Dan) wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> MIB-DOCTORS mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mib-doctors

-- 
Juergen Schoenwaelder           Jacobs University Bremen gGmbH
Phone: +49 421 200 3587         Campus Ring 1, 28759 Bremen, Germany
Fax:   +49 421 200 3103         <http://www.jacobs-university.de/>

---

From: "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2013 12:16:21 +0000

Hi,

I did not see any other answer to this mail excepting the one from Juergen. 

Juergen pointed to the fact that the note in 3.3 is not necessary, because UUID-TC-MIB is not an IANA-maintained MIB module.

I am still unsure whether the note at http://www.ietf.org/copyrights/ianamib.html is still valid. Going there leads to a redirection to http://www.ietf.org/old/2009/copyrights/ianamib.html which seems to indicate that this was replaced by something else. Does anybody know if this is correct and what is the more recent link? 

Thanks and Regards,

Dan

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
> On Behalf Of Romascanu, Dan (Dan)
> Sent: Thursday, April 11, 2013 11:48 AM
> To: [email-masked]
> Cc: Mouli Chandramouli (moulchan)
> Subject: [MIB-DOCTORS] note at
> inclusion of the following is correct  (note that it appears in 2 of the
> 3 MIBs):
> 
> The note at http://www.ietf.org/copyrights/ianamib.html is still there
> and seems to provide useful information. Was it superseded by something
> else?
> 
> Thanks and Regards,
> 
> Mouli and Dan
> 
> 
>

---

From: "Mouli Chandramouli (moulchan)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2013 08:33:28 +0000

Hello Dan,

I am guessing folks at IANA should have the updated template.  Would that
help us to close the pending issue.

Thanks
Mouli

On 18/04/13 5:46 PM, "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <[email-masked]> wrote:

>Juergen pointed to the fact that the note in 3.3 is not necessary,
>because UUID-TC-MIB is not an IANA-maintained MIB module.
>
>I am still unsure whether the note at
>http://www.ietf.org/copyrights/ianamib.html is still valid. Going there
>leads to a redirection to
>http://www.ietf.org/old/2009/copyrights/ianamib.html which seems to
>indicate that this was replaced by something else. Does anybody know if
>this is correct and what is the more recent link?
>
>Thanks and Regards,
>
>Dan
>
>
>