Subject: Re: [MIB-DOCTORS] MIB doctor review of draft-ietf-manet-olsrv2-mib-08.txt (UNCLASSIFIED)

From: Randy Presuhn <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 May 2013 15:15:53 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

Hi -

>From: "Cole, Robert G CIV USARMY CERDEC (US)" <[email-masked]>
>Sent: May 28, 2013 12:44 PM
>To: 'Benoit Claise' <[email-masked]>, Randy Presuhn <[email-masked]>, "Robert G. Cole" <[email-masked]>
>Cc: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>, "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
>Subject: RE: [MIB-DOCTORS] MIB doctor review of	draft-ietf-manet-olsrv2-mib-08.txt (UNCLASSIFIED)
>
>Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
>Caveats: NONE
>
>Benoit,
>
>Not all the tables in the olsrv2-mib are augments to the nhdp-mib.  There
>are some new tables in the olsrv2-mib as well.  Specifically, the
>olsrv2TibAdRemoteRouterSetTable uses an index of syntax '
>NeighborRouterIndex'.  I interpreted Randy's concerns as related to the use
>of the NeighborRouterIndex in this table and in the nhdp-mib to ensure
>consistency of indices.  It sounds as if my text changes need some further
>clarifications.

If the values need to be consistent in order for this to work correctly
(and from the comments it sounds like they do) then a "SHOULD" is not
appropriate.  If something will not work unless done in a particular way
(e.g. the values of type NeighborRouterIndex here need to match the values
used in the nhdp-mib in that system) then it's really a "MUST" situation.

Randy

---

From: Benoit Claise <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 May 2013 00:47:35 +0200

Bob, Randy,

    OLSRv2 depends on the neighborhood information that is discovered by
    [RFC6130  <https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6130>].  In order to access the Objects relating to discovered
    neighbors, the State Group tables of the NHDP-MIB [RFC6779  <https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6779>] module
    are aligned with this MIB module.  This is accomplished through the
    use of the AUGMENTS capability of SMIv2 and the definition of
    TEXTUAL-CONVENTIONS in the NHDP-MIB module: specifically the
    NeighborRouterIndex.  These object types are used to develop indexes
    into common NHDP-MIB module and routing protocol State Group tables.
    The values of these objects and the semantics of each individual
    value SHOULD be identical for the two MIB modules within a given SNMP
    context.This will allow for improved cross referencing of
    information across the two MIB modules within a given SNMP context.

My confusion comes from this question: what are "these objects" in the 
red sentence above?
- The indexes in the previous sentence?
- The object types in the previous sentence?
- The augmented objects?
- something else?

Regards, Benoit

---

From: "Cole, Robert G CIV USARMY CERDEC (US)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 May 2013 13:09:44 +0000

Benoit,

The indexes in the previous sentence.  I'll clarify and incorporate Randy's 
comment from below as well.

Thanks, Bob

Robert G. Cole
Comm:  443.395.8744
Email: [email-masked]

-----Original Message-----
From: Benoit Claise [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Tuesday, May 28, 2013 6:48 PM
To: Randy Presuhn
Cc: Cole, Robert G CIV USARMY CERDEC (US); Robert G. Cole; 
[email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [MIB-DOCTORS] MIB doctor review of 
draft-ietf-manet-olsrv2-mib-08.txt (UNCLASSIFIED)

Bob, Randy,

   OLSRv2 depends on the neighborhood information that is discovered by
   [RFC6130 <https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6130> ].  In order to access the 
Objects relating to discovered
   neighbors, the State Group tables of the NHDP-MIB [RFC6779 
<https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6779> ] module
   are aligned with this MIB module.  This is accomplished through the
   use of the AUGMENTS capability of SMIv2 and the definition of
   TEXTUAL-CONVENTIONS in the NHDP-MIB module: specifically the
   NeighborRouterIndex.  These object types are used to develop indexes
   into common NHDP-MIB module and routing protocol State Group tables.
   The values of these objects and the semantics of each individual
   value SHOULD be identical for the two MIB modules within a given SNMP
   context.  This will allow for improved cross referencing of
   information across the two MIB modules within a given SNMP context.
My confusion comes from this question: what are "these objects" in the red 
sentence above?
- The indexes in the previous sentence?
- The object types in the previous sentence?
- The augmented objects?
- something else?

Regards, Benoit

	Hi -

		From: "Cole, Robert G CIV USARMY CERDEC (US)" <[email-masked]> 
<mailto:[email-masked]>
		Sent: May 28, 2013 12:44 PM
		To: 'Benoit Claise' <[email-masked]> <mailto:[email-masked]> , Randy 
Presuhn <[email-masked]> <mailto:[email-masked]> , 
"Robert G. Cole" <[email-masked]> <mailto:[email-masked]>
		Cc: "[email-masked]" 
<mailto:[email-masked]> 
<[email-masked]> 
<mailto:[email-masked]> , 
"[email-masked]" <mailto:[email-masked]>  <[email-masked]> 
<mailto:[email-masked]>
		Subject: RE: [MIB-DOCTORS] MIB doctor review ofdraft-ietf-manet-olsrv2-mib-08.txt(UNCLASSIFIED)

		Benoit,

	Randy