Subject: Re: [MIB-DOCTORS] Change the boilerplate - Kathleen'DISCUSS point 2

From: Randy Presuhn <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2014 17:12:11 +0700 (GMT+07:00)

Hi -

>From: Kathleen Moriarty <[email-masked]>
>Sent: Jul 11, 2014 9:33 PM
>To: ietfdbh <[email-masked]>
>Cc: "MIB Doctors (E-mail)" <[email-masked]>, Alissa Cooper <[email-masked]>, "<[email-masked]>" <[email-masked]>, Farrel Adrian <[email-masked]>
>Subject: Re: [MIB-DOCTORS] Change the boilerplate - Kathleen'DISCUSS point 2
>
>David,
>
>Do you have alternate text to suggest?  The point was to expand the
>possibilities beyond just effecting the network.  Attacks exploiting
>vulnerabilities, other than DoS or similar attacks, are not targeting
>network disruption.  There is a lot of information that could be gathered
>that privacy implications (individuals, homes, businesses), could effect
>business (reconnaissance leading to simple attacks or even espionage, etc.
>- this is very real), etc.

There are plenty of other juicy targets omitted by the proposed list,
such as military, governmental, and industrial control targets.
I'd suggest the following replacement text:

   "Support for SET operations in non-secured environments without proper
    protection opens devices to attack."

Randy

---

From: Kathleen Moriarty <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2014 09:49:04 -0400

Sent from my iPhone

> On Jul 12, 2014, at 6:12 AM, Randy Presuhn <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Hi -
> 
That works for me, getting the same point point across.

Thank you,
Kathleen