Subject: [mif] I-D Action: draft-ietf-mif-dns-server-selection-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 25 May 2012 13:58:35 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Multiple Interfaces Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Improved Recursive DNS Server Selection for Multi-Interfaced Nodes
	Author(s)       : Teemu Savolainen
                          Jun-ya Kato
                          Ted Lemon
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mif-dns-server-selection-09.txt
	Pages           : 25
	Date            : 2012-05-25

   A multi-interfaced node is connected to multiple networks, some of
   which may be utilizing private DNS namespaces.  A node commonly
   receives recursive DNS server configuration information from all
   connected networks.  Some of the recursive DNS servers may have
   information about namespaces other servers do not have.  When a
   multi-interfaced node needs to utilize DNS, the node has to choose
   which of the recursive DNS servers to contact to.  This document
   describes DHCPv4 and DHCPv6 options that can be used to configure
   nodes with information required to perform informed recursive DNS
   server selection decisions.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mif-dns-server-selection-09.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mif-dns-server-selection-09.txt

The IETF datatracker page for this Internet-Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mif-dns-server-selection/