Subject: [mif] #25: Should document that it updates RFC 6434 (node requirements)

From: "mif issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2012 23:33:28 -0000

#25: Should document that it updates RFC 6434 (node requirements)

 Just found some more text that this document needs to note that it's
 updating.  This time it's in the IPv6 Node Requirements doc:

     http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6434#section-7.2.2

 """
 7.2.2.  Use of Router Advertisements in Managed Environments

    Nodes using the Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol for IPv6 (DHCPv6)
    are expected to determine their default router information and on-
    link prefix information from received Router Advertisements.
 """

 This should not be an onerous edit either.

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:               |      Owner:  draft-ietf-mif-dhcpv6-route-
  [email-masked]          |  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect       |     Status:  new
 Priority:  blocker      |  Milestone:
Component:  dhcpv6       |    Version:
  -route-option          |   Keywords:
 Severity:  -            |
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/mif/trac/ticket/25>
mif <http://tools.ietf.org/mif/>

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2012 09:10:44 +0000

>  updating.  This time it's in the IPv6 Node Requirements doc:

Hmm. 6434 is Informational and is intentionally a snapshot. I'm
not sure that formally updating it is appropriate. We didn't
systematically update 4294 for each new IPv6 spec prior to 6434.

Regards
    Brian