Subject: [mif] #20: Use case #9 suggests changes to IPv6 deployment architecture

From: "mif issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2012 14:49:18 -0000

#20: Use case #9 suggests changes to IPv6 deployment architecture

 The text in use case #9 appears to create a new, different IPv6 deployment
 architecture, one in which RAs are not required.

 This suggests that perhaps (if this moves forward) we need to update the
 IPv6 node requirements document to strongly recommend not just support of
 DHCPv6 but specifically this option.  Guidance to host implementations
 that this will be required in some environments is probably critical.

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  ek@…         |      Owner:  draft-ietf-mif-dhcpv6-route-
     Type:  defect       |  option@…
 Priority:  blocker      |     Status:  new
Component:  dhcpv6       |  Milestone:
  -route-option          |    Version:
 Severity:  -            |   Keywords:
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/mif/trac/ticket/20>
mif <http://tools.ietf.org/mif/>