Subject: [mif] IPR Disclosure Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd's Statement about IPR related to draft-ietf-mif-mpvd-dhcp-support

From: IETF Secretariat <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Aug 2015 10:31:12 -0700

Dear Jouni Korhonen, Suresh Krishnan, Shwetha Bhandari:

An IPR disclosure that pertains to your Internet-Draft entitled "Support
for multiple provisioning domains in DHCPv6"
(draft-ietf-mif-mpvd-dhcp-support) was submitted to the IETF Secretariat on  and
has been posted on the "IETF Page of Intellectual Property Rights Disclosures"
(https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2648/). The title of the IPR disclosure is "
Huawei Technologies Co.,Ltd's Statement about IPR related to
draft-ietf-mif-mpvd-dhcp-support"

Thank you

IETF Secretariat

---

From: Steven Barth <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2015 08:40:56 +0200

Am 03.08.2015 um 19:31 schrieb IETF Secretariat:
> (https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2648/).

Naive question: the IPR says "Reasonable and Non-Discriminatory License to
All Implementers with Possible Royalty/Fee" doesn't that practically mean
that this cannot be implemented or shipped within anything open source, say ISC's
clients / servers or in general a lot of host, server & CPE DHCP implementations?

Cheers,

Steven