Subject: [mile] FW: I-D Action: draft-ietf-mile-rfc6045-bis-04.txt

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2011 12:40:20 -0500

It looks like this message from Richard Struse did not get posted to the list:

-----Original Message-----
From: Struse, Richard [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Thursday, December 22, 2011 8:41 PM
To: Moriarty, Kathleen; [email-masked]
Subject: RE: [mile] I-D Action: draft-ietf-mile-rfc6045-bis-04.txt

I'd like to see RID envelope IODEF with the ability for RID to envelope
other related schema in the future (e.g. CVRF for vulnerability
reports).

Rich

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
[email-masked]
Sent: Thursday, December 22, 2011 3:09 PM
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [mile] I-D Action: draft-ietf-mile-rfc6045-bis-04.txt

Hello,

Please post any views on the outstanding question for enveloping IODEF
in RID.  It seems like the right direction, but it would be good to hear
some comments on the list.

Thank you & happy holidays!
Kathleen (as editor)

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
[email-masked]
Sent: Thursday, December 15, 2011 7:48 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [mile] I-D Action: draft-ietf-mile-rfc6045-bis-04.txt

Hello,

The updated version includes many of the recommended changes, the
following are still pending:

The schema and examples MAY need to be updated depending on the final
decision as to whether or not RID should envelope IODEF (looking like
that will be the answer, unless there is a reason to keep as is).

The examples need to be updated to use something other than SHA-1 for
the digital signatures.

The Normative and Informative section includes 2 options for text.  I
was not 100% sure what this will wind up as, so both are included for
comparison & discussion.

Thank you,
Kathleen (as editor)

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
[email-masked]
Sent: Thursday, December 15, 2011 7:42 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [mile] I-D Action: draft-ietf-mile-rfc6045-bis-04.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories. This draft is a work item of the Managed Incident
Lightweight Exchange Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Real-time Inter-network Defense (RID)
	Author(s)       : Kathleen M. Moriarty
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mile-rfc6045-bis-04.txt
	Pages           : 73
	Date            : 2011-12-15

   Security incidents, such as system compromises, worms, viruses,
   phishing incidents, and denial of service, typically result in the
   loss of service, data, and resources both human and system.  Service
   providers and Computer Security Incident Response Teams need to be
   equipped and ready to assist in communicating and tracing security
   incidents with tools and procedures in place before the occurrence of
   an attack.  Real-time Inter-network Defense (RID) outlines a
   proactive inter-network communication method to facilitate sharing
   incident handling data while integrating existing detection, tracing,
   source identification, and mitigation mechanisms for a complete
   incident handling solution.  Combining these capabilities in a
   communication system provides a way to achieve higher security levels
   on networks.  Policy guidelines for handling incidents are
   recommended and can be agreed upon by a consortium using the security
   recommendations and considerations.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mile-rfc6045-bis-04.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mile-rfc6045-bis-04.txt

_______________________________________________
mile mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mile

_______________________________________________
mile mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mile

_______________________________________________
mile mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mile