Subject: [mile] Last Call: <draft-ietf-mile-rfc6046-bis-05.txt> (Transport of Real-time Inter-network Defense (RID) Messages over HTTP/ TLS) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Jan 2012 11:35:43 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Managed Incident Lightweight
Exchange WG (mile) to consider the following document:
- 'Transport of Real-time Inter-network Defense (RID) Messages over HTTP/
   TLS'
  <draft-ietf-mile-rfc6046-bis-05.txt> as a Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2012-01-17. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The Incident Object Description Exchange Format (IODEF) defines a
   common XML format for document exchange, and Realtime Internetwork
   Defense (RID) defines extensions to IODEF intended for the
   cooperative handling of security incidents within consortia of
   network operators and enterprises.  This document specifies a
   transport protocol for RID based upon the passing of RID messages
   over HTTP/TLS.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mile-rfc6046-bis/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mile-rfc6046-bis/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.