Subject: [mile] I-D Action: draft-ietf-mile-rfc6045-bis-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2012 14:37:32 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Managed Incident Lightweight Exchange Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Real-time Inter-network Defense (RID)
	Author(s)       : Kathleen M. Moriarty
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mile-rfc6045-bis-08.txt
	Pages           : 83
	Date            : 2012-01-22

   Security incidents, such as system compromises, worms, viruses,
   phishing incidents, and denial of service, typically result in the
   loss of service, data, and resources both human and system.  Service
   providers and Computer Security Incident Response Teams need to be
   equipped and ready to assist in communicating and tracing security
   incidents with tools and procedures in place before the occurrence of
   an attack.  Real-time Inter-network Defense (RID) outlines a
   proactive inter-network communication method to facilitate sharing
   incident handling data while integrating existing detection, tracing,
   source identification, and mitigation mechanisms for a complete
   incident handling solution.  Combining these capabilities in a
   communication system provides a way to achieve higher security levels
   on networks.  Policy guidelines for handling incidents are
   recommended and can be agreed upon by a consortium using the security
   recommendations and considerations.  This document obsoletes RFC6045.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mile-rfc6045-bis-08.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mile-rfc6045-bis-08.txt

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2012 17:44:23 -0500

Hello,

The attached version corrects a couple of nits from 07 through the IESG review.

Comments on the Internationalization questions (and points) raised by David Black are encouraged.

Also, in the IESG review, there were some issues with a couple of the enumerations for PolicyRegion and TrafficTypes.  LawEnforcement was removed and section 9.6 was added to discuss application level profiles for sharing groups and entities.  The AcrossNationalBoundaries was changed to DataWithHandlingRequirements and the definition was changed.  The OfficialBusiness enumeration was changed to RestrictedAudience with an updated definition.  The new name "RestrictedAudience" is not a perfect fit for the function, so if there are suggestions that would improve the label to better meet the definition, please post them to the list.

Please provide any comments to the list by Wednesday.

Thank you!
Kathleen  (as author)
________________________________________
From: [email-masked] [[email-masked]] On Behalf Of [email-masked] [[email-masked]]
Sent: Sunday, January 22, 2012 5:37 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [mile] I-D Action: draft-ietf-mile-rfc6045-bis-08.txt

_______________________________________________
mile mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mile