Subject: [mile] FW: I-D Action: draft-ietf-mile-rfc6045-bis-05.txt

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 1 Jan 2012 15:48:57 -0500

Hello,

The attached version includes the schema change to have RID encapsulate IODEF documents as well as the signature.  This resolves the questions raised in the transport review as to how the documents would be joined into a document and also makes this more flexible for other transports to be used in the future.  This change also makes RID more extensible, this came up in the apps area review.  

Note: The signature on the TraceRequest example is only of the IODEF document as you cannot do a detached signature in the tool I am using unless the schema resolves.  I will need to update the signature after iodef-rid-1.2 gets posted.

I think every outstanding question has been resolved, please let me know if this solution is agreeable.

Thank you,
Kathleen (as editor)

Happy new year!!

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of [email-masked]
Sent: Sunday, January 01, 2012 3:31 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [mile] I-D Action: draft-ietf-mile-rfc6045-bis-05.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Managed Incident Lightweight Exchange Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Real-time Inter-network Defense (RID)
	Author(s)       : Kathleen M. Moriarty
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mile-rfc6045-bis-05.txt
	Pages           : 77
	Date            : 2012-01-01

   Security incidents, such as system compromises, worms, viruses,
   phishing incidents, and denial of service, typically result in the
   loss of service, data, and resources both human and system.  Service
   providers and Computer Security Incident Response Teams need to be
   equipped and ready to assist in communicating and tracing security
   incidents with tools and procedures in place before the occurrence of
   an attack.  Real-time Inter-network Defense (RID) outlines a
   proactive inter-network communication method to facilitate sharing
   incident handling data while integrating existing detection, tracing,
   source identification, and mitigation mechanisms for a complete
   incident handling solution.  Combining these capabilities in a
   communication system provides a way to achieve higher security levels
   on networks.  Policy guidelines for handling incidents are
   recommended and can be agreed upon by a consortium using the security
   recommendations and considerations.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mile-rfc6045-bis-05.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mile-rfc6045-bis-05.txt

_______________________________________________
mile mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mile

---

From: "Takeshi Takahashi" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2012 22:04:54 +0900

Hello Kathleen and all,

Let me post a quick comment here.

I was reading the Section 5.1.1 ("ReportSchema"), and liked the way how you
defined the XMLDocument class.
I myself was looking for a better way to embed an XML data, and in my humble
opinion, this was a smart way to do that.
(I have already imported this method into our draft. Thank you.)

Though the discrepancy between the UML expression and schema was discussed
some time before, in my humble opinion, I do not see such discrepancy
between them regarding this section.

Thank you.
Take

PS: By the way, a happy new year, and I wish you all the best in this year
2012.

> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
> [email-masked]
> Sent: Monday, January 02, 2012 5:49 AM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: [mile] FW: I-D Action: draft-ietf-mile-rfc6045-bis-05.txt
> 
> Hello,
> 
> The attached version includes the schema change to have RID encapsulate
> IODEF documents as well as the signature.  This resolves the questions
> raised in the transport review as to how the documents would be joined
> into a document and also makes this more flexible for other transports
> to be used in the future.  This change also makes RID more extensible,
> this came up in the apps area review.
> 
> Note: The signature on the TraceRequest example is only of the IODEF
> document as you cannot do a detached signature in the tool I am using
> unless the schema resolves.  I will need to update the signature after
> iodef-rid-1.2 gets posted.
> 
> A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
> directories. This draft is a work item of the Managed Incident Lightweight
> Exchange Working Group of the IETF.
>