Subject: [mile] [Errata Verified] RFC6545 (3940)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 May 2014 09:28:46 -0700 (PDT)

The following errata report has been verified for RFC6545,
"Real-time Inter-network Defense (RID)". 

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=6545&eid=3940

--------------------------------------
Status: Verified
Type: Technical

Reported by: Jim Schaad <[email-masked]>
Date Reported: 2014-03-29
Verified by: Stephen Farrell (IESG)

Section: 5.4

Original Text
-------------
<RID-Document version="2.0" lang="en-US"
      xmlns:iodef-rid="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:iodef-rid-2.0"
      xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3c.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
      xsi:schemaLocation="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:iodef-rid-2.0.xsd">

Corrected Text
--------------
<iodef-rid:RID version="2.0" lang="en-US"
      xmlns:iodef-rid="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:iodef-rid-2.0"
      xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3c.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
      xsi:schemaLocation="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:iodef-rid-2.0.xsd
http://www.iana.org/assignments/xml-registry/schema/iodef-rid-2.0.xsd">

Notes
-----
Two errors in the text are fixed:

1.  The root node is incorrect.  It does not have a namespace declared for the root node and there is no node named RID-Document in the schema that is declared.  The correct root node is RID and it should have the rid v2 name space

2.  The schemaLocation is a pair of text strings in this location.  The first is the namespace and the second is a location to get the schema for that namespace.  An alternative is to omit the attribute as any application that is loading this document should already have the schema and should never need to go out and fetch it.

--------------------------------------
RFC6545 (draft-ietf-mile-rfc6045-bis-11)
--------------------------------------
Title               : Real-time Inter-network Defense (RID)
Publication Date    : April 2012
Author(s)           : K. Moriarty
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Managed Incident Lightweight Exchange
Area                : Security
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG