Subject: [mile] Fwd: [saag] Call for Papers: IAB/ISOC Workshop on Coordinating Attack Response at Internet Scale

From: Kathleen Moriarty <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2015 15:40:57 -0500

Hello,

This was just sent to the IETF list and would be good for folks in MILE to
consider.  We would like to get representation from several communities to
help improve collaboration between them.

Thank you,
Kathleen

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Russ Housley <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, Mar 4, 2015 at 3:21 PM
Subject: [saag] Call for Papers: IAB/ISOC Workshop on Coordinating Attack
Response at Internet Scale
To: IETF SAAG <[email-masked]>

Internet Architecture Board (IAB) and Internet Society (ISOC) workshop on
Coordinating Attack Response at Internet Scale (CARIS)

June 19, 2015, Intercontinental Hotel in Berlin, hosted by the 27th annual
FIRST Conference

Workshop Information: https://www.iab.org/activities/workshops/caris/

Numerous incident response efforts exist to mitigate the effects of
attacks.  Some are  operator driven focused on specific attack types, while
others are closed analysis and sharing groups spanning many attack types.
Many of the operator driven models work with members to mitigate the
effects of such attacks for all users, but how to contribute information to
these efforts is not always known or easy to discover.  Sharing within
closed community analysis centers is only practical for very large
organizations as a result of resource requirements even to be able to use
shared data.  Without coordination, these efforts are not only duplicated,
but leave out protections for small and medium sized organizations.  These
organizations may be part of the supply chain for larger organizations, a
common pathway for successful attacks.

This workshop aims to bring together operators, researchers, CSIRT team
members, service providers, vendors, information sharing and analysis
center members to discuss approaches to coordinate attack response at
Internet scale.

The day-long workshop will include a mix of invited and selected speakers
with opportunities to collaborate throughout, taking full advantage of the
tremendous value of having these diverse communities with common goals in
one room.

Submission Instructions:

Attendance at the workshop is by invitation only. There is no fee to attend
the workshop.

For existing attack-mitigation working groups, the survey at

https://internetsociety2.wufoo.com/forms/caris-workshop-organisation-template/
should
be completed by those organizations whose mitigation efforts or use case
analyses apply. The data gathered through this questionnaire, including how
to participate or contribute to your attack mitigation working group, will
be shared with all of the participants at the workshop to better enable
collaboration with your effort.
Alternatively, submit a 2-page research paper that includes some key
insight or challenge relevant to the broader group.  This may include
research topics around attack mitigation or information sharing/exchange,
success stories from your CSIRT, lessons learned, or a deep dive on a
particular topic such as privacy or trust.

Submissions accepted at: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=caris2015
Final Submission Deadline: 3 April 2015
Notification Deadline: 1 May 2015
Workshop Date: 19 June 2015

All attendees are required to complete the survey or submit a 2-page
research paper to the CARIS program committee via EasyChair.  Accepted
submissions will be published on the IAB website at:
https://www.iab.org/activities/workshops/caris/

Attendees will be selected based on these submissions to ensure the
workshop will be beneficial to all and has the potential to impact the
coordination of attack response at Internet scale.

Sponsored by the Internet Architecture Board and the Internet Society.
http://www.iab.org/
http://www.internetsociety.org/

_______________________________________________
saag mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/saag

-- 

Best regards,
Kathleen

---

From: Kathleen Moriarty <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2015 20:16:45 -0400

Reminder: submissions are dues for the CARIS workshop on April 3rd.  Please
see the notification below for additional information.

On Wed, Mar 4, 2015 at 3:16 PM, IAB Chair <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Attendance at the workshop is by invitation only. There is no fee to
> attend the workshop.
>
> https://internetsociety2.wufoo.com/forms/caris-workshop-organisation-template/ should

-- 

Best regards,
Kathleen