Subject: [Mip4] config options with MIP messages

From: Kuntal Chowdhury <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Aug 2003 13:28:39 -0500

draft-le-aaa-diameter-mobileipv6-03.txt:

Section 4.3:
"     This Binding Update MUST be authenticated,
       therefore a key distribution, e.g. IKE, may need to be executed.
       This requires many messages to be exchanged between the mobile
       node and the Home Agent.

    As an alternative, after the authentication and authorization steps,
    the AAA servers can be involved and play a role in the key generation
    and/or the key distribution.
"

I am surprised to see that you propose to use AAA infrastructure to do key 
distribution -> use AAA messages to do the job of IKE, however you were 
objecting to our proposal of using MIP messages to exchange DNS server info 
because we have DHCP...

Just an observation.

-Kuntal

_______________________________________________
Mip4 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip4