Subject: [Mip4] draft-ietf-mip4-aaa-nai-00.txt

From: Bjorn Andersson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2003 10:56:09 +0300

Regarding draft-ietf-mip4-aaa-nai-00.txt: I would rather like to see
a "Generalized NAI" spec (for both advertisements and registration
messages) and then have this draft refer to that. Is there any
reason not to write a generalized NAI draft, or resurrect the old
one? E.g. the route optimization and hierarchy drafts use some other
NAI extensions. A FA NAI extension in registraion requests also solves
an authentication problem with MIP NAT traversal.

I think it would be clearer if we have a document describing just
the GNAI extension, instead of specifing a general extension in a
document describing a solution to a specific problem.

Anyway, idenpendently of where it is specified, I think it is clear
that we need, or will need, NAI extensions for various purposes. It
would be nice if we could nail down a generalized NAI extension number
and some subtype numbers for e.g. the HA, AAAH and FA (and maybe a
"Previous FA" NAI).

  Björn

-- 
Björn Andersson <[email-masked]>
PGP id 5AFC144B

-- 
Mip4 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip4