Subject: [Mip4] [issue17] Enhanced Registration Request processing at the Home Agent.

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2003 13:43:50 +0200

This has been entered in the issue tracker as issue 17.

owner: Ahmad Muhanna/Kuntal Chowdhury
category: Technical
draft: draft-ietf-mip4-rfc3344bis
priority: May fix
status: No discussion
title: Enhanced Registration Request processing at the Home Agent.

     Section 3.8.3.2

     Existing Text:
	 -------------
     If the Home Address field of the Registration Request is nonzero, it MUST
     be copied into the Home Address field of the Registration Reply message.
     Otherwise, if the Home Address field of the Registration Request is zero
     as specified in section 3.6, the home agent SHOULD arrange for the
     selection of a home address for the mobile node, and insert the selected
     address into the Home Address field of the Registration Reply message.
     See [6] for further relevant details in the case where mobile nodes
     identify themselves using an NAI instead of their IP home address.
     If the Home Agent field in the Registration Request contains a unicast
     address of this home agent, then that field MUST be copied into the Home
     Agent field of the Registration Reply. Otherwise, the home agent MUST set
     the Home Agent field in the Registration Reply to its unicast address. In
     this latter case, the home agent MUST reject the registration with a
     suitable code (e.g., Code 136) to prevent the mobile node from possibly
     being simultaneously registered with two or more home agents.

     New Text:
	 ---------
     If the Home Address field of the Registration Request is nonzero, it MUST
     be copied into the Home Address field of the Registration Reply message.
     If the Home Agent cannot support the specified nonzero unicast address in
     the Home Address field of the Registration Request, then the Home Agent
     MUST reject the registration with an error code of 129. Otherwise, if the
     Home Address field of the Registration Request is zero as specified in
     section 3.6, the home agent SHOULD arrange for the selection of a home
     address for the mobile node, and insert the selected address into the
     Home Address field of the Registration Reply message. See [6] for further
     relevant details in the case where mobile nodes identify themselves using
     an NAI instead of their IP home address. If the Home Agent field in the
     Registration Request contains a unicast address of this home agent, then
     that field MUST be copied into the Home Agent field of the Registration
     Reply. Otherwise, the home agent MUST set the Home Agent field in the
     Registration Reply to its unicast address. In this latter case, if the
     destination IP address of the Registration Request is the unicast IP
     address of this Home Agent, the Home Agent MAY accept the Registration
     Request. If the destination IP address of the Registration Request is not
     the unicast IP address of this Home Agent, the home agent MUST reject the
     Registration Request with a suitable code(e.g., Code 136) to prevent the
     mobile node from possibly being simultaneously registered with two or
     more Home Agents.

____________________________________________________________
Mip4 issue tracker <[email-masked]>
<http://ietf.levkowetz.com/ietf/issues/tracker/mip4/issue17>
____________________________________________________________