Subject: [Mip4] [issue18] The FA is rejecting with Error Code 136 which is meant for the home agent

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2003 13:44:21 +0200

This has been entered in the issue tracker as issue 18.

Submitted by Ahmad Muhanna
category: Technical
draft: draft-ietf-mip4-rfc3344bis
priority: Should fix
status: No discussion
title: The FA is rejecting with Error Code 136 which is meant for the home agent

     section 3.7.2:

     Proposed Solution: 
     New error code (Invalid Home Agent Address) is required for FA. This 
	 should solve the issue but requires additional IANA dependency.

     Existing Text:
	 --------------
     If the foreign agent has configured one of its network interfaces with
     the IP address specified by the mobile node as its home agent address,
     the foreign agent MUST NOT forward the request again. If the foreign
     agent serves the mobile node as a home agent, the foreign agent follows
     the procedures specified in section 3.8.2. Otherwise, if the foreign
     agent does not serve the mobile node as a home agent, the foreign agent
     rejects the Registration Request with code 136 (unknown home agent
     address).

     New Text: (Require input from design team)
	 --------
     If the foreign agent has configured one of its network interfaces with
     the IP address specified by the mobile node as its home agent address,
     the foreign agent MUST NOT forward the request again. If the foreign
     agent serves the mobile node as a home agent, the foreign agent follows
     the procedures specified in section 3.8.2. Otherwise, if the foreign
     agent does not serve the mobile node as a home agent, the foreign agent
     rejects the Registration Request with code Invalid Home Agent Address.

____________________________________________________________
Mip4 issue tracker <[email-masked]>
<http://ietf.levkowetz.com/ietf/issues/tracker/mip4/issue18>
____________________________________________________________

-- 
Mip4 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip4