Subject: [Mip4] Open Source Internet-Drafts Policy

From: Pete McCann <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 10:03:30 -0600

Hi,

Effective immediately, Henrik & I will be instituting an Open Source
Internet-Drafts Policy.

This means, before any draft is approved as a working group item, and
before any update to a working group draft is approved for publication
in the internet-drafts directory, we will require the editor to upload
a copy of the source file used to produce the draft text.

The upload should be made to the appropriate subdirectory under:

http://ietf.levkowetz.com/ietf/drafts/mip4/

This repository will maintain both text (*.txt) and source (*.xml,
*.nr, *.doc, *.tex) for the current and past versions of each MIP4
working group draft, as well as those of individual submissions that
are of high interest to the working group.

When you make a submission to internet-drafts that falls into one of
these categories, please upload both the .txt and the source to the
server, and notify the chairs that you have done so.  Use the current
filename and version number as it will appear in the internet-drafts
directory, changing only the file extension (.txt to something else)
for the source file.

Interim versions (those not yet submitted to internet-drafts) can also
be posted to this repository.  In this case, please use the next
higher version number, and insert a lower case letter between the
version number and the file extension indicating the revision order.
For example, a version of the aaa-key draft after -00 but before -01
would be called draft-ietf-mip4-aaa-key-01.a.txt.  Increment the
letter (b, c, d, etc.) with each subsequent interim version.

We strongly encourage all source submissions to be in xml2rfc format,
as this is likely to be the most accessible to the widest audience in
future.  There is also the prospect that the RFC Editor may be
requiring this format in the future.

Practically speaking, because both submission deadlines for
internet-drafts have passed, this policy will take effect once the
submission process reopens after IETF-58.

Thanks,

-Pete & Henrik

-- 
Mip4 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip4