Subject: [Mip4] [Issue 18] The FA is rejecting with Error Code 136 which is meant for the home agent

From: "Charles E. Perkins" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 16:14:51 -0800

Hello folks,

Please refer to previous discussion at the following URL:
        http://www.mip4.org/issues/tracker/mip4/issue18
as necessary.

The proposed solution: create a new error code.

Existing text:
   if the foreign agent does not serve the mobile node as a home agent,
   the foreign agent rejects the Registration Request with code 136
   (unknown home agent address).

New text:
   if the foreign agent does not serve the mobile node as a home agent,
   the foreign agent rejects the Registration Request with code
   TBD-IANA (Invalid Home Agent Address).

New text in IANA Considerations:
   In this revised specification, a new Code value (for the field in the
   Registration Request message) is needed within the range typically
   used for Foreign Agent messages.  This error code is needed to
   indicate the status "Invalid Home Agent Address".  See section 3.7.2
   for details.

Regards,
Charlie P.

-- 
Mip4 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip4