Subject: RE: [Mip4] WG adoption call on draft-patel-mobileip-experimental -messages-02.txt

From: Tsirtsis George <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2004 09:53:43 -0500

All,

Happy New Year...

Did you guys consider Vendor Specific Mobile IP message Types as well as
experimental types. Note that we currently have vendor specific extensions
but no vendor specific message types. 

Thanks
George

-- 
Mip4 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip4

---

From: Pete McCann <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2004 09:20:56 -0600

Hi, George,

I think this was discussed as part of the Experimental message types
question, and there was a strong push from ADs that we NOT pursue
vendor-specific messages.  They would allow for too much uncontrolled
protocol growth in unpredictable ways, with negative implications for
interoperability.

-Pete