Subject: [Mip4] Mobile IP implementation & hardware for research

From: "Pham Huy Hoang" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2004 22:56:34 +0700

Hi all,

I am a new commer on this list. My name is Hoang, a researcher in a
Vietnamese university. Our department wants to make a research project about
mobile application & test it on mobile IP environment. The project will be
realised on Windows and Linux. Do you know which routers and software that
we need to buy ? I mean the routers which support for research, not the
commercial one like Cisco's. 

I am very appreciate if somebody can give me a hint on this problem. Thank
you very much in advance.

Hoang
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Pham Huy Hoang, Ph.D.
Dept. of Communications and Computer Networks 
Faculty of Information Technology 
Hanoi University of Technology (HUT) 
No1, Dai Co Viet street, Hanoi, VIETNAM
Telephone: (84) 4-8-682596
Fax: (84) 4-8-692906
Email: [email-masked]

-- 
Mip4 mailing list: [email-masked]
    Web interface: https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip4
     Charter page: http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/mip4-charter.html
Supplemental site: http://www.mip4.org/

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2004 19:46:24 +0200

Hi Pham,

    One place to start could be to look at the non-commercial Mobile-IP
implementations listed on <http://www.mip4.org/2004/implementations/>.

I don't know if this answers your question fully - I'm assuming that
non-commercial, open-source implementations would be the best for you
for research, but you may have other more specific requirements.

Anyway, I hope it's a start.

	Regards,
		Henrik