Subject: [Mip4] New version of draft-ietf-mip4-rfc3012bis

From: "Jayshree Bharatia" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 11:53:44 -0400

Hello all,

All the comments received so far for RFC3012bis have been incorporated in 01
version of this draft (draft-ietf-mip4-rfc3012bis-01.txt). Please review
this document and let me know if you have any further comments/issues.
Otherwise, this draft is ready for WGLC.

Regards,
Jayshree

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Wednesday, April 21, 2004 2:38 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [Mip4] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-mip4-rfc3012bis-01.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories. This draft is a work item of the Mobility for IPv4 Working
Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Mobile IPv4 Challenge/Response Extensions
(revised)
	Author(s)	: C. Perkins, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-mip4-rfc3012bis-01.txt
	Pages		: 33
	Date		: 2004-4-21
	
Mobile IP, as originally specified, defines an authentication extension (the
Mobile-Foreign Authentication extension) by which a mobile node can
authenticate itself to a foreign agent. Unfortunately, that extension does
not provide the foreign agent any direct guarantee that the protocol is
protected from replays, and does not allow for the use of existing
techniques (such as CHAP [10]) for authenticating portable computer devices.

In this specification, we define extensions for the Mobile IP Agent
Advertisements and the Registration Request that allow a foreign agent to
use a challenge/response mechanism to authenticate the mobile node.

Furthermore, this document updates RFC 3344 [7] by including new
authentication extension called the Mobile-AAA Authentication extension.
This new extension is provided so that a mobile node can supply credentials
for authorization using commonly available AAA infrastructure elements.
This Authorization-enabling extension MAY co-exist in the same Registration
Request with Authentication extensions defined for Mobile IP Registration by
[7].  This document obsoletes RFC 3012.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mip4-rfc3012bis-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the
message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in, type
"cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-mip4-rfc3012bis-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mip4-rfc3012bis-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

-- 
Mip4 mailing list: [email-masked]
    Web interface: https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip4
     Charter page: http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/mip4-charter.html
Supplemental site: http://www.mip4.org/