Subject: [Mip4] New ID: End Node based IP Mobility

From: subrata goswami <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 11:39:42 -0800

A new Internet Draft is available on mobility support in IP networks.

Title: IPv4 Mobility through Peer Signaling

ID: draft-goswami-mip4-peer-signaling-00.txt

Abstract:  This document describes a way to perform mobility in IPv4 
(potentially IPv6) without requiring any new entity in networks 
infrastructure (e.g. Home Agent, Foreign Agent, etc.). Instead of using 
infrastructure entities this method delegates all the mobility function 
to the end nodes. The method relies on source and destination address 
translation at the end nodes, and signaling between end nodes to perform 
hand offs - all these function can be encapsulated in an entity called 
Mobility Agent (MA) in the end nodes.

URL: 
https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/idindex.cgi?command=id_detail&id=12788

-- 
Mip4 mailing list: [email-masked]
    Web interface: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip4
     Charter page: http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/mip4-charter.html
Supplemental site: http://www.mip4.org/