Subject: [Mip4] MIPv4 transition issues

From: "Soliman, Hesham" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2005 18:30:43 -0400

Hi all, 

I'd like to request that this WG considers the MIPv4 transition
issues addressed by the solution in:
draft-tsirtsis-v4v6-mipv4, which expired and will be refreshed.

The MIP6 WG is considering the problem and is taking steps
towards formulating a solution for MIPv6. The problem statement is 
described in:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mip6-dsmip-problem-00.txt

I think a solution for MIPv4 would also be appropriate and relatively
simple. 
I'd appreciate your feedback, especially in answering some 
questions:
- Do you think the work is needed?
- If your answer is yes, would you be able to contribute (reviews, ideas, drafts ..etc)?
- If the answer is no, would you object to the WG taking this
  task? 

If you don't care either way you don't need to answer :) 

thx,
Hesham

===========================================================
This email may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use
 of the intended recipient.  Any review or distribution by others is strictly
 prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient please contact the sender
 and delete all copies.
===========================================================

-- 
Mip4 mailing list: [email-masked]
    Web interface: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip4
     Charter page: http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/mip4-charter.html
Supplemental site: http://www.mip4.org/

---

From: Alexandru Petrescu <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 00:39:03 +0200

Hi Hesham,

> - Do you think the work is needed?

I think MIP4 has a NAT traversal scheme that could be re-used for MIPv6
when MH connects to a v4-exclusively access network, in order to give v6
session continuity to MH.

> - If your answer is yes, would you be able to contribute (reviews, ideas, drafts ..etc)?

I'd gladly review and post ideas about the above.  Writing a draft
probably too, but not very long.

> - If the answer is no, would you object to the WG taking this

It's not no :-)

Alex