Subject: [Mip4] MobiCom 2005 discounted registration deadline August 5

From: "Wendi Heinzelman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2005 22:59:53 -0400

The deadline for early discounted registration to attend
MobiCom 2005, the Eleventh Annual International Conference
on Mobile Computing and Networking, is August 5, 2005. 
Registration after this date is still available but at the
non-discounted rate.  Registration is available at 
http://www.regmaster.com/mobicom2005.html.

*******************************************************************

                          Call for Participation

   11th Annual International Conference on Mobile Computing and Networking

                    August 28 - September 2, 2005
                          Cologne, Germany

                 http://www.sigmobile.org/mobicom/2005/

*******************************************************************

ACM MobiCom is a highly-selective international conference on mobile
computing and wireless and mobile networking. It serves as the premier 
forum for presenting and discussing research results on networks, systems, 
algorithms, and applications supporting the symbiosis of mobile computing 
and wireless networking. Each year, the conference attracts about 500 
researchers, practitioners, students, and executives. MobiCom 2005 will 
be held in beautiful Cologne, Germany.

Technical Program. The program consists of a single track with 23 
papers.  The authors present cutting-edge results on various topics, such 
as new architectures, content-based and geometric routing, self-management, 
cross-layer optimization. The papers cover ad hoc networks, mesh networks, 
wireless sensor networks, WLANs, and cellular networks. A list of accepted 
papers can be found at http://www.sigmobile.org/mobicom/2005/program.html.

Tutorials. Four tutorials will be offered: (a) Wireless sensor and actuator 
networks, (b) 802.11 WLAN MAC and smart antennas: issues and directions, 
(c) Security in sensor and ad hoc networks: perspectives and status, and (d) 
Wide area wireless networks: 3G and beyond.

The conference will also feature two invited talks by leaders in our field: 
(a) "Secure, Natural Communications," by Jeffrey M. Jaffe, President, Bell 
Labs Research and Advanced Technologies, and (b) "Communicating Vehicles - 
Communicating Roadways: New Approaches to Driver Information and Road 
Safety," by Ralf Guido Herrtwich, Director Vehicle IT and Services Research, 
DaimlerChrysler AG.

Cologne is very popular, especially in August due to World Youth Day 2005 
taking place there. Because Pope Benedict XVI organizes this event, he will 
be in town just the week before MobiCom. Thus, we ask you to make your 
hotel and flight reservations as early as possible. For more travel info 
please visit http://www.sigmobile.org/mobicom/2005/travel.html.

-- 
Mip4 mailing list: [email-masked]
    Web interface: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip4
     Charter page: http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/mip4-charter.html
Supplemental site: http://www.mip4.org/