Subject: [Mip4] RFC 4093 on Problem Statement: Mobile IPv4 Traversal of Virtual Private Network (VPN) Gateways

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 15:12:13 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4093

        Title:      Problem Statement: Mobile IPv4 Traversal of
                    Virtual Private Network (VPN) Gateways
        Author(s):  F. Adrangi, Ed., H. Levkowetz, Ed.
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       August 2005
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked]
        Pages:      19
        Characters: 44082
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mip4-vpn-problem-statement-03.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc4093.txt

Deploying Mobile-IP v4 in networks that are connected to the
Internet through a Virtual Private Network (VPN) gateway presents
some problems that do not currently have well-described solutions.
This document aims to describe and illustrate these problems, and
to propose some guidelines for possible solutions.

This document is a product of the Mobility for IPv4 Working Group of
the IETF.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.
-- 
Mip4 mailing list: [email-masked]
    Web interface: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip4
     Charter page: http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/mip4-charter.html
Supplemental site: http://www.mip4.org/