Subject: [Mip4] Subnet mask in MIPv4

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 11:26:42 +0200

Hi all,

let's assume a MN with one interface (I1). I1 is assigned the MN HoA and
the subnet mask of the MN's home network.

Let's further assume that the MN contains only one routing table entry.
That entry looks something like "0.0.0.0   GW   I1".

As far as I know, there is a requirement that the IP address assigned to
I1 (here MN HoA) and the IP address of the GW associated with I1 in the
routing table must lie in the same subnet indicated by the subnet mask
assigned to I1.

When the MN now moves to a foreign link and acquires a FA CoA, the
default GW is in general set to the FA CoA. However, what is done with
the subnet mask? Is it set to /0 in order to meet the requirement?

Kind regards,

Rajendra

-- 
Mip4 mailing list: [email-masked]
    Web interface: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip4
     Charter page: http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/mip4-charter.html
Supplemental site: http://www.mip4.org/