Subject: [Mip4] DCOSS '06 Call for Papers

From: "Wendi Heinzelman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 21:27:49 -0400

=========================================
                     IEEE International Conference on
                 Distributed Computing in Sensor Systems
                          June 18 - 20, 2006
                    San Francisco, California, USA
       =========================================

                               WWW.DCOSS.ORG
 
The 2006 International Conference on Distributed Computing in Sensor Systems
(DCOSS '06) will take place in San Francisco during June 18 - 20, 2006.
DCOSS '06 will represent a merger of the DCOSS conference series and the IEEE
International Workshops on Algorithms for Wireless, Mobile, Ad Hoc and Sensor
Networks (WMAN).  

The first DCOSS conference held at Marina del Rey on June 30-July 1, 2005, 
featured high quality research papers and interesting invited and contributed 
poster/presentation sessions. DCOSS '06 is intended to cover several aspects 
of distributed computing in sensor systems such as high level abstractions, 
computational models, systematic design methodologies, algorithms, analysis 
and applications. 

The conference will be co-located with several closely related workshops, and 
will provide a forum for researchers and practitioners to present their contributions 
related to the above high-level aspects of distributed sensor systems. In addition 
to contributed papers, the meeting will also include keynote addresses by leading 
researchers, a panel discussion, and a poster/presentation session. 

SPONSORED BY

IEEE Computer Society Technical Committee on Parallel Processing (TCPP)
IEEE Computer Society Technical Committee on Distributed Processing (TCDP)

Held in co-operation with

ACM SIGARCH 
ACM SIGBED
European Association for Theoretical Computer Science (EATCS)
IFIP WG 10.3

IMPORTANT DATES

February  15, 2006           Conference Submission Due  
April        01, 2006           Notification of Acceptance/Rejection 
April        16, 2006           Camera-Ready Paper Due 

------------------------------------------------------------------------

                      ==============================
                                     CALL FOR PAPERS
                      ==============================

Distributed sensor systems have become a highly active research area due 
to their potential for providing diverse new capabilities. Such systems 
allow intelligent dense monitoring of physical environments, which makes them 
immensely useful for data collection and analysis. While much ongoing research 
has addressed networking, communication and low-level self-configuration issues 
in such systems, there are also significant challenges pertaining to systematic 
design, algorithm development and analysis, and abstract modeling in order to 
achieve efficient and robust realizations of large-scale distributed sensor 
systems. The large number of sensor devices involved, severe power, computational 
and memory limitations, resource heterogeneity, dense deployment and frequent 
failures pose novel challenges to design, algorithms, analysis and implementation. 

The focus of the conference is on distributed computing issues in large-scale 
networked sensor systems (including algorithms, applications, and systematic 
design techniques and tools), but networking-related contributions that support 
high level abstractions are also welcome. Topics of interest include but are 
not limited to: 

        - Computation and programming models 
        - Energy models, minimization, awareness 
        - Distributed algorithms for collaborative information processing 
        - Theoretical performance analysis: complexity, correctness, 
          scalability, fault-tolerance 
        - Abstractions for modular design 
        - Languages, operating systems 
        - Task allocation, reprogramming and reconfiguration 
        - Dynamic resource management 
        - Scalable, heterogeneous architectures (node and system-level) 
        - Communication and processing primitives 
        - Middleware interfaces 
        - Design, simulation and optimization tools for deployment and operation 
        - Design automation and application synthesis techniques 
        - Case studies: lessons from real world deployments 

Authors are invited to submit original unpublished manuscripts that demonstrate 
current research on computational aspects of distributed sensor systems. Submitted 
manuscripts may not exceed 12 single-spaced pages using 12-point size font on 
8.5x11 inch pages, including figures and tables. References may be included in 
addition to the 12 pages. Submissions will be judged on correctness, originality, 
technical strength, significance, quality of presentation, and interest and 
relevance to the conference attendees. Submitted papers may not have appeared 
in or be under consideration for another conference or a journal. Submission 
procedures will be available on this website. 

All manuscripts will be reviewed. Manuscripts must be received by February 15, 2006, 
by 5 p.m. U.S. Pacific Coast Time. This is a final deadline; to ensure fairness, 
no extensions will be given. Notification of review decisions will be mailed by 
April 1, 2006. Camera-ready papers will be due April 16, 2006. 

DCOSS '06 Proceedings will be distributed at the Conference. 

GENERAL CHAIR
Viktor K. Prasanna
University of Southern California
USA

PROGRAM CHAIR
Phil Gibbons
Intel Research/Carnegie Mellon University
USA

WORKSHOP CHAIR 
Sotiris Nikoletseas 
University of Patras and CTI 
Greece 

STEERING COMMITTEE
Sajal Das, University of Texas at Arlington, USA 
Josep Diaz, UPC Barcelona, Spain 
Deborah Estrin, University of California, Los Angeles, USA 
Phil Gibbons, Intel Research, Pittsburgh, USA 
Sotiris Nikoletseas, University of Patras and CTI, Greece 
Christos Papadimitriou, University of California, Berkeley, USA 
Kris Pister, University of California, Berkeley, and Dust, Inc., USA 
Viktor Prasanna, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, USA 
Jose Rolim, University of Geneva, Switzerland, Chair 

----------------------------------------------------------
Wendi B. Heinzelman
Assistant Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering 
University of Rochester
P.O. Box 270126, Hopeman Building, Room 307
Rochester, NY  14627-0126
Phone: 585-275-4053
Fax:      585-273-4919
http://www.ece.rochester.edu/~wheinzel
----------------------------------------------------------

-- 
Mip4 mailing list: [email-masked]
    Web interface: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip4
     Charter page: http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/mip4-charter.html
Supplemental site: http://www.mip4.org/