Subject: [Mip4] RE: Call for Participation : International Workshop on Broadband Wireless Access for Ubiquitous Networking (BWAN 2006)

From: "MATHOORASING Dean RD-DSPI-ISS" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 May 2006 11:03:14 +0200

CALL FOR PAPERS
INTERNATIONAL WORKSHOP ON BROADBAND WIRELESS
ACCESS FOR UBIQUITOUS NETWORKING (BWAN 2006)
20 September 2006 - Alghero, Sardinia, Italy 
(www.bwan.org)
Technically sponsored by IEEE 
IMPORTANT DATES:
Submission of Summaries: 15 May 2006
---------------------------------------------------
Scope and Interests 

Today Broadband Wireless access (mobile/nomadic) is emerging to offer
outstanding opportunities. In this new world of communicating devices,
the evolution towards ubiquitous networking is promising new paradigm
with the aim of providing communication capability all the time,
everywhere, transparently and invisibly to the user, using devices
embedded in the surrounding physical environment. The implementation of
such a paradigm requires innovation in wireless network technologies and
devices, development of infrastructures, enablers supporting enhanced
features for ubiquitous capability. 
The workshop is intended to present features based on new architectures
supporting mobility and/or nomadic features for wireless access (IEEE
802.yx, Mesh,...), the sharing of the network access, bandwidth sharing
on radio access, network enablers all favoring the new perspective of
ubiquitous and ambient networking. Within the framework of BWAN 2006,
the next generation of network access will be investigated. 
Topics of interest to this workshop include (but are not limited to)
performance studies and solutions (algorithms, protocols, architectures)
that tend to improve experience of users of services and applications
with context awareness. 

Workshop topics 

 <<Picture (Metafile)>> New Architectures and technologies for broadband
wireless access (xDSL/FTTx,etc) with mobility features 
 <<Picture (Metafile)>> 3G and beyond 
 <<Picture (Metafile)>> Ambient Networking 
 <<Picture (Metafile)>> AAA (Authentication, Authorization, Accounting) 
 <<Picture (Metafile)>> QoS efficient and scalable routing 
 <<Picture (Metafile)>> Transport mechanism for supporting various high
speed traffics
 <<Picture (Metafile)>> End to end security and privacy issues for
ubiquitous Network access
 <<Picture (Metafile)>> xDSL/FTTx+WiFi modem with mobility enhancement 
 <<Picture (Metafile)>> Radio extension such as 802.xy (WiFi, WiMax,
etc) P2P network 
 <<Picture (Metafile)>> Standard and regulations
 <<Picture (Metafile)>> Low cost and low power integrated Modulation
 <<Picture (Metafile)>> Network cost performance and Business Models
 <<Picture (Metafile)>> RFID tags, sensors,actuators, etc
 <<Picture (Metafile)>> Interference mitigation for multiple access
 <<Picture (Metafile)>> IPv6 impact
 <<Picture (Metafile)>> Cognitive radio
Submission Dates 
 <<Picture (Metafile)>> Submission of Full Paper: 15 May 2006
 <<Picture (Metafile)>> Notification of Acceptance: 15 June 2006 
 <<Picture (Metafile)>> Submission Camera Ready Papers: 10 July 2006 
Publication 

The submissions to be presented at the workshop will be selected, based
on their originality, technical merit and topical relevance of their
contents. All accepted papers will be published in the conference
proceedings that will be available at the workshop.

SPECIAL STUDENT REGISTRATION RATE: 
Early registration rate for students: USD 270 (cut-off date: one month
prior to the workshop)
The late registration rate for students: USD 320

-- 
Mip4 mailing list: [email-masked]
    Web interface: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip4
     Charter page: http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/mip4-charter.html
Supplemental site: http://www.mip4.org/