Subject: [Mip4] ACM SenSys'06 call for posters and demos

From: Wei Ye <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 May 2006 23:34:27 -0700

Our Apologies if you have received multiple copies.

Wei Ye and Cormac J. Sreenan
SenSys'06 Publicity Co-Chairs
------------

ACM SenSys 2006: Call for Posters and Demos

The 4th ACM Conference on Embedded Networked Sensor Systems
Sponsored by ACM SIGCOMM, SIGMOBILE, SIGARCH, SIGOPS, SIGMETRICS and  
SIGBED; with support from NSF.
Boulder, Colorado, USA
November 1-3, 2006
http://sensys.acm.org/2006/

CALL FOR POSTERS

The poster session will provide a forum for researchers to showcase  
their work and obtain feedback on ongoing research from knowledgeable  
conference attendees. Areas of interest are the same as those listed  
in the technical call for papers. While the poster need not describe  
completed work, it should report on research for which at least  
preliminary results are available. We especially encourage  
submissions by students (that is, for which a student is the first  
author on the poster).

POSTER SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS

Poster proposals must be submitted as a single PDF file with no more  
than 3 pages. The first two pages should contain an abstract  
describing the research content of the poster, along with title,  
authors, institutional affiliations and contact information. The  
third page should contain a thumbnail draft of the poster's contents.  
Please submit your poster proposal as a PDF e-mail attachment to

[email-masked]

with the subject line reading "Sensys Poster Submission" before the  
deadline. Any questions for the Poster Co-chairs Henry Tirri (Nokia),  
Robert Szewczyk (Moteiv) may also be directed to this address.

IMPORTANT DATES

Three-page poster proposal: 11:59pm (EST), July 24, 2006
Notification of acceptance: August 7, 2006
Camera-ready abstract: August 22, 2006
Conference dates: November 1-3, 2006

BASIC INFORMATION ABOUT POSTERS

Two-page poster abstracts will appear in the conference proceedings.
Authors of accepted poster proposals will have a chance to present
the poster to interested attendees during a special poster session at
SenSys. Well-crafted posters will tell the story well by themselves,
but authors of posters are expected to be available to describe and
discuss the work in the poster during the session.

The poster dimensions are 30" by 40", with poster contents mounted on
rectangular poster board that we will provide. You may choose a
layout consisting of individual sheets of paper, or a monolithic
large piece of poster paper (which can be printed at document
companies).

Henry Tirri, Nokia
Robert Szewczyk, Moteiv
SenSys 2006 Poster Chairs

CALL FOR DEMOS

Demonstrations showing innovative research and applications are  
solicited. SenSys'06 is very interested in demonstrations of technology,
platforms, and applications of wireless sensor networks. Two-page
abstracts of accepted demos will be published in the SenSys conference
proceedings. Submissions from both industries and universities are
encouraged. Large-scale, outdoor demos can also be accommodated at the
conference facility. For the first time, SenSys 2006 will present a best
demo award.

DEMO SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS

Please send a two-page description of your demo to 

[email-masked]

in PDF format by the dates listed below. An additional one page appendix
can be included in the initial submission but will be removed in
published proceedings. Be as specific as possible in describing what you
will show.

IMPORTANT DATES

Two-page demo descriptions: 11:59pm (EST), July 24, 2006
Notification of acceptance: August 7, 2006
Camera-ready abstract: August 22, 2006
Conference dates: November 1-3, 2006

Chieh-Yih Wan, Intel Labs
Jie Liu, Microsoft Research
SenSys 2006 Demo Chairs

-- 
Mip4 mailing list: [email-masked]
    Web interface: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip4
     Charter page: http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/mip4-charter.html
Supplemental site: http://www.mip4.org/