Subject: [Mip4] CFP: 2nd ACM WMuNep, Spain 2006

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 04 Jun 2006 19:54:14 -0300

=====================================================================
ACM WMuNeP 2006
Second ACM International Workhop on Wireless Multimedia Networking and
Performance Modeling (WMuNeP '06)
=====================================================================

To be held jointly with the 9th ACM MSWiM 2006

October 2-6th, 2006
Torremolinos, Málaga, Spain
Submission Deadline: June 10th, 2006

=====================================================================
Selected papers will be published on a special issue of of ACM/Springer
Multimedia Systems' Journal
=====================================================================

The Second ACM International Workhop on Wireless Multimedia Networking
and Performance Modeling (WMuNeP '06) will be a one-day workshop, held
in conjunction with the 9th Annual ACM Symposium on Modeling, Analysis
and Simulation of Wireless and Mobile Systems (MSWiM´06). The demand
for wireless multimedia communications thrives in today's consumer and
corporate market. The need to evolve multimedia applications and
services, and their associated protocols for emerging networks is at a
critical point given the proliferation and integration of wireless
systems to intelligent and broadband networks, mobility of people,
data/voice convergence and the integration of computing and
communication in mobile devices.

This workshop is devoted to cover different aspects of wireless
multimedia networking and performance modeling for WLANs, WPANs,
WMANs, WWANs, MANETs and sensor networks such as wireless video and
wireless streaming, systematic design methodologies, algorithms,
synchronization, analysis and performance modeling. The workshop will
provide a forum for researchers and practitioners to present their
contributions related to the above high-level aspects.

Topics of interest include (but are not limited to):

Wireless multimedia network management
Wireless multimedia traffic modeling
Middleware and reflective systems support for wireless multimedia
Proxy-based systems for video transcoding and content distribution
Performance modeling, monitoring and evaluation of wireless multimedia
networks and systems
Multipoint, multicast wireless multimedia services
Deployment of wireless multimedia applications, services and networks
Protocols for wireless multimedia networks
QoS in wireless multimedia networks
Integration of wireless multimedia networks to broadband networks
End-to-end IP multimedia wireless communications
Coding and transmission for wireless multimedia networks
Distributed wireless multimedia services
Content-based wireless multimedia information retrieval tools
Video, streaming, real-time wireless multimedia communications and
applications
Security in wireless multimedia networks
Wireless multimedia right protection and watermarking
Pricing mechanisms for wireless multimedia networks
E-Commerce and related applications for wireless multimedia networks
Multimedia evaluation and processing for wireless networks
Cross layer design for wireless multimedia networks
Analytical modeling of wireless multimedia networks
Software tools for system performance and evaluation of wireless
multimedia networks
Performance comparison of wireless multimedia networks
Case studies showing the role of evaluation in the design of systems

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Important Dates:
Submission deadline:  June 10th, 2006
Notification of acceptance:  July 10th, 2006
Camera ready papers:  TBA

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Paper Submission Guidelines:
Authors are invited to submit research contributions representing
original, previously unpublished work. Submitted papers will be
carefully evaluated based on originality, significance, technical
soundness, and clarity of exposition.

Accepted papers will appear on the workshop proceedings that will be
published by ACM press. At least one of the authors of accepted papers
must attend the conference to present his/her paper.

Paper length should be no more than 10 pages, double column, ACM style
including tables and figures. A template for ACM SIG Proceedings style
(LaTeX2e and MS Word) can be found here. Only Postscript and PDF
formats are accepted. Papers must be submitted electronically via the
JEMS system (Brazilian EDAS).
Each submission must be accompanied by the following information:

a paper title
a short abstract
a complete list of authors and their affiliations
a contact person for correspondence (please check the correct e-mail
is configured on JEMS system)
WMuNeP  2006 electronic submission is now active on the JEMS system
(Brazilian EDAS) at https://submissoes.sbc.org.br/wmunep2006. Once you
are a registered JEMS user, this link will address you directly to the
WMuNeP 2006 Paper Submission page.

Important - For any question or problem related to WMuNeP 2006, please
contact [email-masked]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Venue:
The 2006 ACM Workhop on Wireless Multimedia Networking and Performance
Modeling (WMuNeP '06) will take place in Torremolinos, Málaga, Spain,
in October 2-6th, 2006, co-located with ACM MSWiM '06.

For some information on the beautiful city of Torremolinos please go to:

http://www.ayto-torremolinos.org/

http://www.torremolinos.com/

http://www.andalucia.com/cities/malaga/home.htm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Workshop Co-Chairs:

Prof. Regina B. Araujo
Federal University of São Carlos
São Carlos, SP, Brazil
[email-masked]

Prof. Hussein M Alnuweiri
University of British Columbia
Vancouver, Canada
[email-masked]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Program Committee:
Hussein Alnuweiri, University of British Columbia, Canada
Rossana Andrade, Federal University of Ceara, Brazil
Regina Araujo, Federal University of Sao Carlos, Brazil
Nazim Agoulmine, University of Evry, France
Azzedine Boukerche, University of Ottawa, Canada
Raffaele Bruno, CNR, Italy
Hsiao-Hwa Chen, National Sun Yat-Sen University, Taiwan
Zihua Guo, Lenovo Corporate R&D, China
Anna Hac, University of Hawaii, USA
Hai Jiang, University of Waterloo, Canada
Victor Leung, University of British Columbia, Canada
Wei Li, University of Toledo, USA
Jiangchuan Liu, Simon Fraser University, Canada
Pascal Lorenz, University of Haute Alsace, France
Antonio A. F. Loureiro, Federal University of Minas Gerais, Brazil
Andreas Meissner,  Fraunhofer Institute, Germany
Jelena Misic, University of Manitoba, Canada
Edmundo Monteiro, University of Coimbra, Portugal
Jander Moreira, Federal University of Sao Carlos, Brazil
Mirela S. M. Notare, Barddal University, Brazil
Stephen Olariu, Old Dominion University, USA
Jianping Pan, NTT MCL, USA
Bjorn Pehrson, Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden
Yu-Chee Tseng, National Chiao Tung Univ., Taiwan
Murat Uysal, University of Waterloo, Canada
Qi Xue,  Qualcomm Inc., USA
Yang Yang, University College London, UK
Weihua Zhuang, University of Waterloo, Canada

----------------------------------------------------------------
This message was sent using IMP, the Internet Messaging Program.

-- 
Mip4 mailing list: [email-masked]
    Web interface: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip4
     Charter page: http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/mip4-charter.html
Supplemental site: http://www.mip4.org/