Subject: [Mip4] IEEE SECON 2006 Call for Posters and Demos-- June 30 Deadline

From: "Wendi Heinzelman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 00:17:29 -0400

(Apologies if you receive this call multiple times.)

***********************************************************************
                                  CALL FOR POSTERS and DEMOS

                                 *Deadline: June 30, 2006, 5 pm EDT*

                                             IEEE SECON 2006
                               The Third IEEE International Conference on
                 Sensors, Mesh and Ad Hoc Communications and Networks
                                                                          
                                      http://www.ieee-secon.org/2006/

              Sponsored by IEEE Communications Society (www.comsoc.org)
                    Technically Co-Sponsored by AFCEA (www.afcea.org)
                                                                          
                                        September  25-28, 2006
                Reston, Virginia, USA (Near Washington DC's Dulles airport)
************************************************************************

To provide a forum for discussion and personal interaction between
presenter and participants, IEEE SECON 2006 will include poster and
demonstration sessions: works in progress, industry demonstrations of
new applications and techniques, practical implementations, military,
industrial and commercial developments, research testbeds and
demonstrations, recent research/implementation results, upcoming
research challenges, future directions, and novel approaches in the
fields of sensor, mesh and ad hoc communications and networks. One of
the key goals of this conference is to foster collaboration between
industry, government agencies and academia.  Hence, participation of
researchers/developers from industry or governement agencies and
posters/demonstrations reporting joint work are especially encouraged.

Topics considered for posters  and demo are, but not limited to:

    * New    architectures   and   protocols    to   support
      communication,   localization,  time  synchronization,
      routing,  data  dissemination,  and other  distributed
      services  in  heterogeneous, large-scale  distributed,
      mesh networks and sensor networks

    * Novel   algorithms   and   theories  for   management,
      supervisory control, and  monitoring of distributed ad
      hoc  networks, and  techniques for  the interpretation
      and use of sensor data in decision-making processes

    * Modeling  and  performance  evaluation of  large-scale
      distributed  ad  hoc  and sensor  networks,  practical
      implementations   and   deployments,  and   real-world
      experiences

    * Theories  and models  on  fundamental information  and
      communication  aspects  of  wireless mesh  and  sensor
      networks

    * Mechanisms for authenticated, secure communication and
      data dissemination in sensor and mesh networks

    * Algorithms and protocols to support quality of service
      in  mesh  and  sensor  networks,  including  admission
      control,   resource  allocation   and   fairness,  and
      capacity planning

    * Integration   of  sensors  into   engineered  systems,
      including  novel  techniques  for on-sensor  renewable
      power     sources,     mechanisms    for     on-sensor
      self-calibration   and  self-testing,   and  efficient
      schemes to maximize accuracy and minimize false alarms

    * Hardware  platforms  incorporating  multiple  sensors,
      computation, actuation, and wireless interfaces

    * Software platforms, middleware, and tools for mesh and
      sensor  network applications  development, deployment,
      and management

Submissions should be in the form of a proposal describing the main
contributions of the poster/demo and the merits of the proposed
ideas. If available, preliminary results can also be
included. Proposals will be evaluated mainly based on their potential
to stimulate interesting discussions, exchange of ideas and promote
collaborations.

A prize will be awarded to the best demo by a jury composed of
academic and/or venture capital participants.

Submissions should not be more than three pages (preferably IEEE
conference format, 2-column) in length. Demonstration submissions
should include the space requirements and/or any other
equipment-specific requirements.  The documents must contain the
authors' names, affiliations, and contact information and the
designated corresponding author.

Accepted authors of posters/demos will have a space in the poster/demo
session room to display their posters or exhibit their demos and
describe their work in discussions with interested attendees.

IEEE Communications Society policy states that all accepted SECON 2006
posters/demos must have at least one registration at the regular
rate. For authors co-authoring multiple posters/demos, one regular
registration is valid for up to three presentations.

Submission will be accepted until Friday, June 30th, 5 pm EDT for
demos and for posters. Please send the submission material to the
poster/demo chairs in pdf format, and make sure to include the first
author name and either POSTER or DEMO in the name of the pdf file:

Stefano Basagni                Cedric Westphal 
Northeastern University     Nokia 
[email-masked]        [email-masked]

Notification of Poster/Demo decisions: July 21, 2006. 
Accepted Poster/Demo Presenters MUST register by August 31, 2006.

************************************************************************

-- 
Mip4 mailing list: [email-masked]
    Web interface: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip4
     Charter page: http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/mip4-charter.html
Supplemental site: http://www.mip4.org/