Subject: RE: [Mip4] Proposed charter update for NEMOv4 work

From: "Kent Leung \(kleung\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 12:00:14 -0700

Hi Henrik and Pete.

I'm in favor to have NEMOv4 as a work item.  It fits naturally in MIP4
WG since Mobile Router is a section in RFC 3344 and backwards to RFC
2002.  The extensions are for supporting IPv4 networks.  There's value
to extend the support for Mobile Router.

Kent 

-----Original Message-----
From: Henrik Levkowetz [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Tuesday, October 17, 2006 3:09 AM
To: Mobile IPv4 Mailing List
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [Mip4] Proposed charter update for NEMOv4 work

Hi,

  We're working on a charter update for MIPv4.  One of the things we'd
like to add is a work item covering the NEMOv4 specification.

We'd like to add the following item to the charter:

  11. NEMO v4 Support

  The Network Mobility (nemo) working group deals with the problem
  of mobility of a whole network, such as might exist inside a
  vehicle, train, or airplane.  The nemo working group has
  developed draft specifications for both IPv6 and IPv4 mobile
  networks.  However, it has been recognized that the IPv4
  version of the protocol can be viewed as an extension of
  the basic Mobile IPv4 protocol, and there is good reason
  to do this extension in the mip4 working group.  The
  working group will take on the NEMO v4 internet draft and
  progress it along the standards track.

If you have comments on this, please send them to the list.

Regerds,

	Henrik and Pete

<snip>

-- 
Mip4 mailing list: [email-masked]
    Web interface: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip4
     Charter page: http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/mip4-charter.html
Supplemental site: http://www.mip4.org/

---

From: "Gopal Dommety \(gdommety\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 12:23:27 -0700

Hello Henrik and Pete,

	I am also in favour of a charter update to include NEMOv4. It
fits in the MIPv4 working group and adds value to Mobile IP v4 and there
is a need for interoperability.

Regards,
-Gopal

Gopal Dommety
-------------------------------------------------------
Judgment hinders imagination
----------------------------------------------

-----Original Message-----
From: Kent Leung (kleung) 
Sent: Tuesday, October 17, 2006 12:00 PM
To: Henrik Levkowetz; Mobile IPv4 Mailing List
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: RE: [Mip4] Proposed charter update for NEMOv4 work

Hi Henrik and Pete.

Kent 

-----Original Message-----
From: Henrik Levkowetz [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Tuesday, October 17, 2006 3:09 AM
To: Mobile IPv4 Mailing List
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [Mip4] Proposed charter update for NEMOv4 work

Hi,

  11. NEMO v4 Support

Regerds,

	Henrik and Pete

<snip>