Subject: [Mip4] Seamless mobilty

From: "Shaili Desai" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 22:48:58 -0400

Hello all

I am new to this group, but wanted to know if anyone is looking into
issue of seamless mobility when we switch from 802.3 network to
802.11.

Does that work with Mobile IPv4??

I would highly appreciate if someone can help for the same, as I am
doing my research project in Seamless mobility.

Thanks in advance.

-- 
Thanx
Shaili Desai
Master's Candidate
Telecommunications and Management
University of Maryland,College Park,USA

-- 
Mip4 mailing list: [email-masked]
    Web interface: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip4
     Charter page: http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/mip4-charter.html
Supplemental site: http://www.mip4.org/

---

From: Alexandru Petrescu <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2006 16:41:50 +0200

> issue of seamless mobility when we switch from 802.3 network to 

Which issue more exactly?  Two interfaces active simultaneously (such as
no packet loss)?  Bicasting the packets?  Implementation of Fast Mobile
IPv4?

> Does that work with Mobile IPv4??

YEs, Mobile IPv4 implementation accomodates ok switching from one
interface to another, be it Ethernet to WiFi.

> doing my research project in Seamless mobility.

Yes, but what aspects of 'seamless mobility' do you look at.  Any
prototyping planned?

Alex