Subject: [Mip4] DCOSS 2007 CFP; Submission deadline Feb 5, 2007

From: Amol Bakshi <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 12:32:09 -0700 (PDT)

=========================================
                     IEEE International Conference on
                 Distributed Computing in Sensor Systems
                          June 18 - 20, 2007
                    Santa Fe, New Mexico, USA
                =========================================

                               WWW.DCOSS.ORG

The 2007 International Conference on Distributed Computing in Sensor
Systems (DCOSS '07) will take place in Santa Fe during June 18 - 20, 2007.
The first and second DCOSS conferences, held at Marina Del Rey and San
Francisco respectively, featured high quality research papers and
interesting invited and contributed poster/presentation sessions.  DCOSS
'07 is intended to cover several aspects of distributed computing in
sensor systems such as high level abstractions, computational models,
systematic design methodologies, algorithms, analysis and applications.
The conference will be co-located with several closely related workshops,
and will provide a forum for researchers and practitioners to present
their contributions related to the above high-level aspects of distributed
sensor systems. In addition to contributed papers, the meeting will also
include keynote addresses by leading researchers, a panel discussion, and
a poster/presentation session.

SPONSORED BY

IEEE Computer Society Technical Committee on Parallel Processing (TCPP)
IEEE Computer Society Technical Committee on Distributed Processing (TCDP)

Held in co-operation with

ACM SIGARCH
ACM SIGBED
European Association for Theoretical Computer Science (EATCS)
IFIP WG 10.3

MEETING INFORMATION

The advance program will be available in April 2007.
Check http://www.dcoss.org/ for updated information.

IMPORTANT DATES

Monday February 5, 2007  Paper Submission Due
Monday April    2, 2007  Notification of Acceptance/Rejection
Monday April   16, 2007  Camera-Ready Paper Due

------------------------------------------------------------------------

                      ==============================
                          CALL FOR PARTICIPATION
                      ==============================

CALL FOR PAPERS

Distributed sensor systems have become a highly active research area due
to their potential for providing diverse new capabilities.  Such systems
allow intelligent dense monitoring of physical environments, which makes
them immensely useful for data collection and analysis.  While much
ongoing research has addressed networking, communication and low-level
self-configuration issues in such systems, there are also significant
challenges pertaining to systematic design, algorithm development and
analysis, and abstract modeling in order to achieve efficient and robust
realizations of large-scale distributed sensor systems.  The large number
of sensor devices involved, severe power, computational and memory
limitations, resource heterogeneity, dense deployment and frequent
failures pose novel challenges to design, algorithms, analysis and
implementation.

The focus of the conference is on distributed computing issues in
large-scale networked sensor systems (including algorithms, applications,
and systematic design techniques and tools), but networking-related
contributions that support high level abstractions are also welcome.
Authors are invited to submit original unpublished manuscripts that
demonstrate current research on computational aspects of distributed
sensor systems. Topics of interest include but are not limited to:

       - Computation and programming models
       - Energy models, minimization, awareness
       - Distributed algorithms for collaborative information processing
       - Theoretical performance analysis: complexity, correctness,
              scalability, fault-tolerance
       - Abstractions for modular design
       - Languages, operating systems
       - Task allocation, reprogramming and reconfiguration
       - Dynamic resource management
       - Scalable, heterogeneous architectures (node and system-level)
       - Middleware interfaces, communication and processing primitives
       - Design, simulation and optimization tools for deployment
              and operation
       - Design automation and application synthesis techniques
       - Case studies: lessons from real world deployments

PAPER SUBMISSION

Submitted manuscripts may not exceed 12 single-spaced pages using 12-point
size font on 8.5x11 inch pages, including figures and tables. References
may be included in addition to the 12 pages. Submissions will be judged on
correctness, originality, technical strength, significance, quality of
presentation, and interest and relevance to the conference attendees.
Submitted papers may not have appeared in or be under consideration for
another conference or a journal. Submission procedures will be available
via Web access at http://www.dcoss.org/

All manuscripts will be reviewed.  Manuscripts must be received by
February 5, 2007, by 5 p.m. U.S. Pacific Coast Time. Notification of
review decisions will be mailed by April 2, 2007. Camera-ready papers will
be due April 16, 2007.

DCOSS '07 Proceedings will be distributed at the Conference.

PROGRAM CHAIR

James Aspnes
Yale University
USA

PROGRAM VICE CHAIRS

Algorithms:
Christian Scheideler, TU Munich, Germany

Applications:
Anish Arora, Ohio State Univ., USA

Systems:
Samuel Madden, MIT, USA

POSTER/PRESENTATION SESSION

The conference will include a poster session for researchers and
practitioners to present novel on-going work-in-progress and to obtain
feedback from conference attendees in an informal setting. Authors of
accepted posters will have an opportunity to briefly present their work in
this session. Select invited presentations and posters from industry and
academia may also be included in this session.

Submission details and deadlines will be available at the DCOSS website.

POSTER CHAIR

Wendi Heinzelman
Univ. of Rochester
USA

BEST PAPER AWARDS

Awards will be given for one best paper in each of the three conference
technical tracks: algorithms, applications, and systems.

                    =================================
                          DCOSS '07 ORGANIZATION
                    =================================

GENERAL CO-CHAIRS

Sotiris Nikoletseas
University of Patras and CTI
Greece

Viktor K. Prasanna
University of Southern California
USA

VICE GENERAL CHAIR

Azzedine Boukerche
University of Ottawa
Canada

PROGRAM CHAIR

James Aspnes
Yale University
USA

WORKSHOPS CHAIR

Jim Reich
Palo Alto Research Center
USA

POSTER CHAIR

Wendi Heinzelman
University of Rochester
USA

PROCEEDINGS CHAIR

Yang Yu
Motorola Labs
USA

PUBLICITY CO-CHAIRS

Amol Bakshi
University of Southern California
USA

Sanjay Jha
University of New South Wales
Australia

Christian Schindelhauer
University of Freiburg
Germany

FINANCE CHAIR

Germaine Gusthiot
University of Geneva
Switzerland

STEERING COMMITTEE
Sajal Das, University of Texas at Arlington, USA
Josep Diaz, UPC Barcelona, Spain
Deborah Estrin, University of California, Los Angeles, USA
Phil Gibbons, Intel Research, Pittsburgh, USA
Sotiris Nikoletseas, University of Patras and CTI, Greece
Christos Papadimitriou, University of California, Berkeley, USA
Kris Pister, University of California, Berkeley, and Dust, Inc., USA
Viktor Prasanna, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, USA
Jose Rolim, University of Geneva, Switzerland (CHAIR)

-- 
Mip4 mailing list: [email-masked]
    Web interface: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip4
     Charter page: http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/mip4-charter.html
Supplemental site: http://www.mip4.org/