Subject: [Mip4] Call for participation: Workshop on Distributed Smart Cameras

From: Wei Ye <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 11:05:17 -0700

Our apologies if you have received multiple copies.

---------------

Workshop on Distributed Smart Cameras (DSC 2006) Program
Held in conjunction with ACM SenSys 2006

October 31, 2006
Boulder, CO, USA

http://www.iti.tugraz.at/dsc06/program.html

Distributed smart cameras combine two concepts: physically  
distributed cameras and distributed computing. Distributed smart  
cameras are examples of high-performance multimedia sensor networks.  
This area brings together researchers in image processing, sensor  
networks, and embedded system architecture.

Several groups are now working on distributed smart cameras, but  
generally pursuing them in different research communities. This  
meeting is the first event to bring together all the research groups  
working on this problem

Online Registration:

http://www.regonline.com/Checkin.asp?EventId=97157

Workshop Co-Chairs

B. Rinner, Graz University of Technology, Austria
W. Wolf, Princeton University, USA
Program Committee

F. Berry, Univ. Clermont-Ferrand, France
S. Bhattacharyya, U. Maryland, USA (email)
M. Bove, MIT Media Lab, USA
H. Garn, ARCS, Austria
C. Guestrin, CMU, USA
R. Kleihorst, Philips Research, The Netherlands
X. Koutsoukos, Vanderbilt U., USA
C. Regazzoni, Univ. Genova, Italy
M. Srivastava, UCLA, USA
W. Strasser, Univ. Tübingen, Germany

Program

08:30 - 09:00 Registration

09:00 - 09:15 Welcome

09:15 - 10:30 Session 1: Architectures

Paul Nadrag, Antoine Manzanera, Nicolas Burrus
Smart retina as a contour-based visual interface

Stephan Hengstler, Hamid Aghajan
A Smart Camera Mote Architecture for Distributed Intelligent  
Surveillance

Terrance E. Boult, R.C. Johnson, Tracy Pietre, R. Woodworth, Tao Zhang
A Decade of Networked Intelligent Video Surveillance

Richard Kleihorst, Ben Schueler, Alexander Danilin, Marc Heijligers
SMART CAMERA MOTE WITH HIGH PERFORMANCE VISION SYSTEM

Erik Ljung, Erik Simmons, Alexander Danilin, Richard Kleihorst, Ben  
Schueler
802.15.4 Powered Distributed Wireless Smart Cameras Network

Cintia B. Margi, Xiaoye Lu, Gefan Zhang, Roberto Manduchi, Katia  
Obraczka
Meerkats: A Power-Aware, Self-Managing Wireless Camera Network for  
Wide Area Monitoring

Pushkar Sambhoos, Ahmad Bilal, Richard Han, Tom Lookabaugh, Jane  
Mulligan
WeebleVideo \u2013 Wide Angle Field-of-View Video Sensor Networks

10:30 - 11:00 Coffee Break

11:00 - 12:15 Session 2: Localization & Calibration

A.O. Ercan, A. El Gamal, L.J. Guibas
Camera Network Node Selection for Target Localization in the Presence  
of Occlusions

Gurminder Singh and Mathias Kölsch
Resource Aggregation in Smart Sensor Systems

Camillo J. Taylor, Babak Shirmohammadi
Self Localizing Smart Camera Networks and their Applications to 3D  
Modeling

Dilip Sundarraj, Phillip B. Gibbons, Padmanabhan S. Pillai
Ensuring Spatio-Temporal Consistency in Distributed Networks of Smart  
Cameras

John Jannotti, Jie Mao
Distributed Calibration of Smart Cameras

12:15 - 14:00 Lunch Break

14:00 - 15:30 Session 3: Services

Faisal Qureshi, Demetri Terzopoulos
Virtual Vision and Smart Camera Networks

Erik Simmons, Erik Ljung, Richard Kleihorst
Distributed Vision with Multiple Uncalibrated Smart Cameras

Johnny Park, Priya C. Bhat and Avinash C. Kak
A Look-up Table Based Approach for Solving the Camera Selection  
Problem in Large Camera Networks

Mohammad Rahimi, Shaun Ahmadian, David Zats, Rafael Laufer, Deborah  
Estrin
Magic of Numbers in Network of Wireless Image Sensors

Cheng-Yao Chen, Wayne Wolf
An Activity Model of Distributed Smart Cameras

Andreas Savvides, Eugenio Culurciello, Yiannis Aloimonos

Demo presentation

15:30 - 16:00 Coffee Break

16:00 - 17:30 Session 4: Applications

Thomas Haenselmann, Marcel Busse, Stephan Kopf, Thomas King, Wolfgang  
Effelsberg
Image Fusion from uncalibrated Video Sensor Arrays

M. Quaritsch, M. Kreuzthaler, B. Rinner, B. Strobl
Decentralized Object Tracking in a Network of Embedded Smart Cameras

Arezou Keshavarz, Ali Maleki Tabar, Hamid Aghajan
Distributed Vision-Based Reasoning for Smart Home Care

Chen Wu, Hamid Aghajan
Collaborative Gesture Analysis in Multi-Camera Networks

Chung-Ching Chang, Hamid Aghajan
Collaborative Face Orientation Detection in Wireless Image Sensor  
Networks

Vincent Jeanne, Francois-Xavier Jegaden, Richard Kleihorst, Alexander  
Danilin, Ben Schueler
REAL-TIME FACE DETECTION ON A \u201cDUAL-SENSOR\u201d SMART CAMERA USING
SMOOTH  
EDGES TECHNIQUE

Ikdong Kim, Jaechang Shim, Jason Schlessman, Wayne Wolf
Remote Wireless Face Recognition Employing ZigBee

Adam Williams, Dan Xie, Shichao Ou, Roderic Grupen, Allen Hanson, and  
Edward Riseman

Distributed Smart Cameras for Aging in Place
17:30 - 18:15 Session 5: Panel

-- 
Mip4 mailing list: [email-masked]
    Web interface: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip4
     Charter page: http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/mip4-charter.html
Supplemental site: http://www.mip4.org/