Subject: [Mip4] RADEXT chair information and request

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Dec 2006 23:15:33 +0100

Hi,

  Here's a message forwarded on behalf of David Nelson (radext):

-------- Original Message --------

The RADEXT WG has a charter deliverable for an extended form of RADIUS
attribute.  The apparent consensus in the WG is to solve a very simple
set of problems in this space, including the pending exhaustion of the
standard RADIUS attribute IDs, a consistent mechanism for application
layer fragmentation and reassembly for Diameter interoperability, and a
consistent mechanism for grouping of attributes for data structuring,
also for Diameter interoperability.

Given the list of proposed work in RADEXT and other IETF WGs with RADIUS
extensions work on their charters, it is conceivable that we might
exhaust the existing IANA RADIUS registry for Attribute Types fairly
soon.  Therefore, this work is considered to be of some urgency.

The structure of the extended attribute format currently under
consideration may require changes in various RADIUS extensions drafts in
RADEXT and other working groups.   This assumes that at least some of
these documents will ultimately use the RADIUS extended attribute
allocations.

The RADEXT WG Chairs are requesting that the RADEXT WG and all other
affected WGs please review the following document:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-lior-radius-attribute-type-extension-01.txt

Please comment as to whether this document is ready for adoption as a
RADEXT WG work item, and provide comments as to suggested changes or
improvements.  Please use the RADEXT Issue Tracker format template,
found at

http://www.drizzle.com/~aboba/RADEXT/

and submit your comments to the RADEXT WG mailing list with the keyword
"New Issue" in the subject header.

[email-masked]

Please respond by December 22, 2006.  Once all the resultant open issues
have been resolved, the RADEXT WG Chairs expect that a WGLC will be
issued on the revised draft soon thereafter, early in 2007.

Thank you, in advance, for your timely review, especially during this
busy holiday season.

Regards,
 
Dave Nelson
Bernard Aboba

Co-Chairs, RADEXT WG

-- 
Mip4 mailing list: [email-masked]
    Web interface: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip4
     Charter page: http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/mip4-charter.html
Supplemental site: http://www.mip4.org/