Subject: [Mip4] [mycolleagues] CfP: MUCS2007: Management of Ubiquitous Communications and Services

From: Tom Pfeifer <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Dec 2006 13:21:45 +0000

Call for Papers
+--------------------------------------------------------------------------+
                         4th International Workshop on
           Management of Ubiquitous Communications and Services
                                 www.MUCS2007.org

as part of the 10th IFIP/IEEE Symposium of Integrated Management, IM 2007
                                 www.im2007.org
                                Munich, Germany

                         Submission: January 24th 2007
                            Workshop: May 25th 2007
+--------------------------------------------------------------------------+

Scope of the MUCS Workshop

Ubiquitous and Pervasive Communications, as evidenced in pervasive
computing and smart space applications present significant management
challenges for successful delivery of highly adaptive services across
heterogeneous networks, middleware, applications and devices.

Today's management systems are unable to cope with the complexity,
heterogeneity and automation required by the pervasive computing vision. New
paradigms, models and technology need to be developed to allow computer
systems manage themselves in accordance with high-level guidance from humans.
This workshop seeks to explore the theoretic, technological and
organisational challenges in managing ubiquitous communications and
application services.

The workshop provides a single-track scientific programme containing a blend
of keynote presentations from leaders in the research of communications and
services management systems, peer-reviewed papers and a small selection of
invited presentations. The goal of the workshop is to investigate the state
of the art in managing ubiquitous communications and services from a broad
perspective.

Submissions are invited for original, and previously unpublished research
in all aspects of management techniques in ubiquitous communications.

Topics

* Management of Smart Spaces and Applications (Smart Home/Office etc)
* Context Aware Management and Configuration
* Policy Based Management
* Communication & Systems Management
* Wireless and Fixed Network Integrated Management
* Adaptive Service and Network Management
* Security, Privacy, and Trust Management in Ubiquitous Communications
* Management and Control of Mobile Ad-hoc and Wireless Sensor Networks
* Content Oriented Network & Service Management
* Distributed Management & Collaborative Governance
* Context Identification, Retrieval, Prediction and Management
* Service and Network Management for Optimised Personalisation
* Managing Collaborative Ubicomp Applications
* Provisioning and Maintenance of Quality of Service in Ubicomp environments
* Knowledge Representation Techniques and Ontologies
   for Distributed Management Services
* User Interaction with Managing UbiComp Systems
* Bio-inspired management approach

Paper Submission

Paper submissions must present original, unpublished research or experiences.
Late-breaking advances and work-in-progress reports from ongoing research
are also encouraged to be submitted to MUCS 2007. Authors are requested to
submit either long papers or short papers (work-in-progress reports),
strictly in 10 point following IEEE conference style:
* Long papers (up to 10 single-spaced two-column pages, including figures,
                tables, references and annexes)
* Short papers describing work-in-progress (up to 4 pages, including
                figures, tables, references and annexes)

Submissions exceeding the above mentioned paper size will not be reviewed
and returned to the authors. Please see the workshop website for detailed
instructions on http://www.mucs2007.org/

Papers are to be submitted via the EDAS conference management system:
http://www.edas.info/newPaper.php?c=5092&submit=0&

Proceedings

The proceedings of MUCS 2007 will be published in the Multicon Lecture Notes
with ISBN and the IEEE Explorer (confirmation pending).

Important Deadlines

* Submission: January 24th 2007
* Notification: March 26th 2007
* Camera ready: April 9th 2007
* Workshop: May 25th 2007

Committee

Chair:           Tom Pfeifer  (WIT, Ireland)
Programme Committee Chairs:
                  John Strassner (Motorola Labs, USA)
                  Simon Dobson (University College Dublin, Ireland)
Steering Committee:
                  Sven van der Meer (TSSG, Ireland)
                  Vincent Wade (Trinity College Dublin, Ireland)
                  Dirk Pesch (Cork Institute of Technology, Ireland)
Publication Chair:
                  Brendan Jennings (WIT, Ireland)

Technical Programme Committee:

Nazim Agoulmine, Université d'Evry-Val d'Essonne, France
Mark Burgess, Oslo University College, Norway
Owen Conlan, Trinity College Dublin, Ireland
Lorcan Coyle, University College Dublin, Ireland
Kieran Delaney, Tyndall Institute, Ireland
Dominique Gaiti, Université de Technologies de Troyes, France
Hani Hagras, University of Essex, UK
Markus Huebscher, Imperial College London, UK
Jadwiga Indulska, University of Queensland, Australia
Martin Klepal, Cork Institute of Technology, Ireland
David Lewis, Trinity College Dublin, Ireland
Kevin Curran, University of Ulster, UK
Mícheál Ó Foghlú, Waterford Institute of Technology, Ireland
Fergus O'Reilly, Cork Institute of Technology, Ireland
Declan O'Sullivan, Trinity College Dublin, Ireland
Kay Uwe Römer, ETH Zurich, Switzerland
Albrecht Schmidt, Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München, Germany
Joan Serrat, Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya, Spain
Roy Sterritt, University of Ulster, UK
Michael Smirnov, Fraunhofer FOKUS, Germany
Yacine Ghamri-Doudane, Institut d'Informatique d'Entreprise, France
+--------------------------------------------------------------------------+
_______________________________________________
mycolleagues mailing list
[email-masked]
http://grid.lrg.ufsc.br/mailman/listinfo/mycolleagues

-- 
Mip4 mailing list: [email-masked]
    Web interface: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip4
     Charter page: http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/mip4-charter.html
Supplemental site: http://www.mip4.org/