Subject: [Mip4] [pimrc07] CFP: IEEE PIMRC 2007, Athens, Greece

From: PIMRC 2007 <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2006 01:20:57 +0200

[Apologies if you receive multiple copies of this CFP]

*****************************************************************

CALL FOR PAPERS AND WORKSHOP PROPOSALS

                            IEEE PIMRC 2007

            18th IEEE International Symposium on
Personal, Indoor and Mobile Radio Communications,
            September, 3-6, 2007, Athens, Greece
                     http://www.pimrc2007.org

*****************************************************************

Conference Main Theme: Wireless Entropy

Overview

PIMRC 2007 provides a global forum for presenting the most recent
advances, the future technical challenges and business opportunities that
comprise the contemporary landscape in wireless communications. The
organizers endeavour to attract contributions covering not only
conventional areas of wireless communications (e.g., physical layer), but
also emerging areas with high potential for essential scientific and
societal impact such as wireless sensors for biomedical applications and
non-trivial pervasive computing services. The latter areas are expected to
facilitate the development of a broad vision of innovative future
applications in wireless communications. The high quality IEEE endorsed
technical programme, will also include tutorials, workshops, exhibitions,
panel discussions and keynote presentations from leading experts coming
from the academic community, industry, as well as regulatory and
standardisation
bodies.

PIMRC 2007 will be held in Athens, Greece, September 3-6, 2007 i.e. one
week following the peak of Greece's beautiful summer season.

Call for Papers

Authors are invited to submit high-quality papers describing original and
previously unpublished contributions in a wide range of topics in wireless
communications. These topics are clustered into the following three major
categories:

1) Physical Layer and MAC
2) Mobile and Wireless Networks
3) Applications, Services and Business Models

Papers should be in English, strictly not exceeding 5 double-column pages
(3,000 words), in Adobe PDF format (which is the only accepted format for
PIMRC 2007). Authors should use the relevant IEEE template, ensuring an
IEEE Xplore compatible PDF-format.

To access the full list of topics, submission guidelines, as well as venue
and travel information please visit: www.pimrc2007.org

Important Dates

Full papers due:  March 3rd, 2007
Acceptance notice:   May 31st, 2007
Final manuscript due:  June 16th, 2007
Conference dates: September 3-6, 2007

Call for Workshop Proposals

We solicit workshop proposals on new and emerging topics in wireless
communication and networks, services, and applications. A proposal should
focus on a specific theme of current interest seeking for high-quality
submissions. Proposals for one-day workshops to be held in conjunction with
the main conference are solicited. A proposal can be a maximum of 2 pages
long and should clearly identify the theme and specific topics of interest
which define the scope of the workshop. It should also stress how it intends
to provide more insight into the proposed topics with respect to the main
conference. The proposal should include the workshop chairs and a tentative
list of program committee members.

The organizers of approved workshops will be responsible for advertising
their workshops, inviting experts, reviewing submitted papers, and
collecting camera-ready copies of accepted papers. The rest of the
organizational details (registrations, workshop rooms, etc.) will be
covered by the PIMRC Organizing Committee.

Proposal Submission:

Please send workshop proposals in PDF format by March 1, 2007 to the
workshop co-chairs, Dr. Charalambos Skianis ([email-masked]), Dr.
Nikos Passas ([email-masked]) and Dr. Nikos Papadakis
([email-masked]).

Important Dates:

Proposal submission due: March 1, 2007
Notification of acceptance: April 1, 2007
Workshop date: September 3, 2007 

_______________________________________________
pimrc07 mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.telecom.ntua.gr/mailman/listinfo/pimrc07

-- 
Mip4 mailing list: [email-masked]
    Web interface: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip4
     Charter page: http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/mip4-charter.html
Supplemental site: http://www.mip4.org/