Subject: [Mip4] CFP-WICON2007: The Third Annual International Wireless Internet Conference

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 08:12:02 -0500

We apologize in advance if you receive multiple copies of this CFP.

**********************************************************************
                        ***** WICON 2007 *****
                                                           
      The Third Annual International Wireless Internet Conference        
                                                                    
                          October 22-24, 2007                           
                          Austin, Texas, USA             
                                                                    
                         http://www.wicon.org                 
                                                                    
**********************************************************************

Wireless  Internet  is  quickly  becoming  a  reality  thanks to  fast 
evolution of  various  wireless  access  technologies.  Convergence of 
heterogeneous wireless networks,  enabled by interworking and wireless 
mesh  networking technologies,  further brings  wireless Internet into 
various  application  scenarios.  On  the  other  hand,  new  wireless 
Internet architectures,  services,  and solutions are still desired in 
order to achieve the ultimate goal of wireless Internet access anytime 
anywhere.

The Wireless Internet Conference  (WICON)  will continue to  provide a 
premier international forum  to discuss novel research results related 
to the emerging Wireless Internet.  The focus of WICON 2007 will be on 
advanced  wireless  access   technologies,   wireless  mesh  networks, 
interworking  of  heterogeneous  networks,  next  generation  wireless 
Internet, and industrial practice methodology.  Given the existence of 
many other conferences  on mobile ad hoc networks and sensor networks, 
papers  that are  oriented  to these  networks  are discouraged unless 
they directly focus on the conference  theme of the Wireless Internet.

WICON 2007 is  soliciting both academic research and industry practice 
papers.  Industry practice papers  must have  at least one author from 
industry   and   should  describe  interesting  technical  aspects  of 
industrial  applications,  prototypes,   experiences,  and  standards; 
performance and design details are encouraged,  whereas papers focused 
on marketing or product information  will not  be accepted.  Topics of 
interest include, but are not limited to, the following:

Wireless access technologies:
=============================
* Wireless LANs, WiMedia, WiMAX, Bluetooth
* 3G and 4G cellular networks

Wireless multi-hop mesh networks:
=================================
* New mesh network architecture
* WiFi, UWB, Bluetooth wireless mesh networks
* Scalable MAC and routing protocols
* Multi-radio and multi-channel mesh networks
* QoS, security, and mobility management

Convergence of various wireless technologies:
=============================================
* Roaming, Interworking, and UMA
* Cognitive radios and programmable radios for wireless Internet
* Adaptive transport layer protocols

Testbed and measurements:
=========================
* Protocol design, implementation, and testbed setup of wireless 
  Internet
* Measurement of wireless Internet and performance analysis

Next generation wireless Internet:
==================================
* Novel wireless Internet architecture
* New services and applications
* New algorithms for scalable, reliable, and high speed wireless 
  Internet

SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS:
======================== 

Papers will be submitted by electronic submission through COCUS system: 
http://cocus.create-net.it.  The page limit is 10 pages  in IEEE double 
column format with fonts not smaller than 10 points.

IMPORTANT DATES:
================

Submission deadline        :                May 30, 2007
Notification of acceptance :               July 22, 2007
Camera-ready version       :           September 1, 2007

Selected papers  will be published  on a special issue  of  ACM Mobile 
Networks and Applications (MONET).

WORKSHOPS:
=========== 

Proposals  for  workshops  should be  submitted to  the Workshop Chair 
directly at [email-masked].  Evaluation of workshop proposals will be 
based on the expertise  and experience of the instructors,  and on the 
relevance of the subject matter.

PANELS:
=======

Proposals  for panel discussions  that  focus on  the  next generation 
wireless Internet  are encouraged.  Potential panel organizers  should 
submit a panel proposal to the Panel Chair directly at 
[email-masked].

Posters/Demos:
============== 

The conference  will  include  a poster/demo  session  that highlights 
experiments   and    testbeds   that    demonstrate   the   successful 
implementation of recent  or  on-going  research work.  Please contact 
Poster/Demo Chair directly at [email-masked]

Organization Committee:
=======================

 General Co-Chairs:
 ------------------
 Lili Qiu                          University of Texas-Austin, USA
 Andras Valko                      Ericsson Research, Hungary

 Technical Program Co-Chairs:
 ----------------------------
 Xudong Wang                       Kiyon, Inc, USA
 Karoly Farkas                     ETH Zurich, Switzerland

 Steering Committee Chair:
 -------------------------
 Imrich Chlamtac                   Create-Net, Italy

 Panel Chair:
 ------------
 Sujata Banerjee                   HP Labs, USA

 Publicity Chair:
 ----------------
 Linda Xie                         UNC-Charlotte, USA

 Workshop Chair:
 ---------------
 Richard Yang                      Yale University

 Local Arrangement Chair:
 ------------------------
 Sriram Vishwanath                 University of Texas-Austin, USA

 Publication Chair:
 ------------------
 Xin Liu                           University of California-Davis, USA

 Poster/Demo Chair:
 ------------------
 Sanjay Shakkottai                 University of Texas-Austin, USA

 Conference Chair:
 -----------------
 Kitti H. Kovacs                   ICST

For more information about the conference, see http://www.wicon.org/

--------------------------------------------------
You are reading ICST conference newsletter. To report any kind of abuse, please contact admin at icst.org.
To unsubscribe, please visit the following page: http://icstconferences.org/cmc/unsubscribe.php?p=sioqydapnz and enter your email address.

-- 
Mip4 mailing list: [email-masked]
    Web interface: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip4
     Charter page: http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/mip4-charter.html
Supplemental site: http://www.mip4.org/