Subject: [Mip4] MIP NAT Traversal Question

From: "Arunkumar Sivaraman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2006 14:06:13 +0530

Hello,

I have a question regarding MIP NAT traversal as per rfc 3519.

The rfc states in para 5, sec 4.6:

If the home agent assents to UDP tunnelling, it MUST use the source
address of the registration request as the effective care-of address,
rather than the care-of address given in the registration request,
except in the case where the 'R' flag is set in the UDP Tunnel Request
Extension.

The question I have is, what address does the HA put as the CoA in the
registration reply, when it assents to UDP tunneling. Is it the source
address(NAT router addr) of the registration request packet or the CoA
as sent by the FA? 

regards,

Arunkumar Sivaraman,

Airvana India Pvt. Ltd.,

Ph: +91-80-41348788.

"I once wanted to become an atheist, 
but I gave up - they have no holidays."

-- 
Mip4 mailing list: [email-masked]
    Web interface: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip4
     Charter page: http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/mip4-charter.html
Supplemental site: http://www.mip4.org/

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2006 11:50:28 +0100

Hi,

> address(NAT router addr) of the registration request packet or the CoA

If you are you asking to which IP address the HA sends the registration
reply packet, the answer is given by Section 3.4 of RFC 3344:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3344#section-3.4

	Henrik