Subject: [Mip4] [pimrc07] IEEE PIMRC 2007, Athens, Greece

From: PIMRC 2007 <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2007 20:24:59 +0200

[Apologies if you receive multiple copies of this CFP]

*****************************************************************

CALL FOR PAPERS, WORKSHOP, TUTORIAL AND
              SPECIAL SESSION PROPOSALS

                            IEEE PIMRC 2007

            18th IEEE International Symposium on
Personal, Indoor and Mobile Radio Communications,
            September, 3-7, 2007, Athens, Greece
                     http://www.pimrc2007.org

*****************************************************************

Conference Main Theme: Wireless Entropy

Overview

PIMRC 2007 provides a global forum for presenting the most recent
advances, the future technical challenges and business opportunities that
comprise the contemporary landscape in wireless communications. The
organizers endeavour to attract contributions covering not only
conventional areas of wireless communications (e.g., physical layer), but
also emerging areas with high potential for essential scientific and
societal impact such as wireless sensors for biomedical applications and
non-trivial pervasive computing services. The latter areas are expected to
facilitate the development of a broad vision of innovative future
applications in wireless communications. The high quality IEEE endorsed
technical programme, will also include tutorials, workshops, exhibitions,
panel discussions and keynote presentations from leading experts coming
from the academic community, industry, as well as regulatory and
standardisation
bodies.

PIMRC 2007 will be held in Athens, Greece, September 3-7, 2007 i.e. one
week following the peak of Greece's beautiful summer season.

Call for Papers

Authors are invited to submit high-quality papers describing original and
previously unpublished contributions in a wide range of topics in wireless
communications. These topics are clustered into the following three major
categories:

1) Physical Layer and MAC
2) Mobile and Wireless Networks
3) Applications, Services and Business Models

Papers should be in English, strictly not exceeding 5 double-column pages
(3,000 words), in Adobe PDF format (which is the only accepted format for
PIMRC 2007). Authors should use the relevant IEEE template, ensuring an
IEEE Xplore compatible PDF-format.

To access the full list of topics, submission guidelines, as well as venue
and travel information please visit: www.pimrc2007.org

Important Dates

Full papers due:  March 3rd, 2007
Acceptance notice:   May 31st, 2007
Final manuscript due:  June 16th, 2007
Conference dates: September 3-7, 2007

Call for Workshop Proposals

We solicit workshop proposals on new and emerging topics in wireless
communication and networks, services, and applications. A proposal should
focus on a specific theme of current interest seeking for high-quality
submissions. Proposals for one-day workshops to be held in conjunction with
the main conference are solicited. A proposal can be a maximum of 2 pages
long and should clearly identify the theme and specific topics of interest
which define the scope of the workshop. It should also stress how it intends
to provide more insight into the proposed topics with respect to the main
conference. The proposal should include the workshop chairs and a tentative
list of program committee members.

The organizers of approved workshops will be responsible for advertising
their workshops, inviting experts, reviewing submitted papers, and
collecting camera-ready copies of accepted papers. The rest of the
organizational details (registrations, workshop rooms, etc.) will be
covered by the PIMRC Organizing Committee.

Proposal Submission:

Please send workshop proposals in PDF format by March 1, 2007 to the
workshop co-chairs, Dr. Charalambos Skianis ([email-masked]), Dr.
Nikos Passas ([email-masked]) and Dr. Nikos Papadakis
([email-masked]).

Important Dates:

Proposal submission due: March 1, 2007
Notification of acceptance: April 1, 2007
Workshop date: September 3, 2007

Call for Tutorials

Proposals for Tutorials (half/full day), are welcome based on the topics 
listed in the Call for Papers or others related to issues and opportunities 
for the future of wireless communications, systems and applications. 
Proposals should be submitted electronically, containing the following 
information:

    * Tutorial Title
    * Instructor(s)
    * Extended Abstract (1 page)
    * Table of Contents (as detailed as possible)
    * Proposed Duration (half day, full day)
    * Thematic Area
    * Target Group(s)
    * Titles and venues of related tutorials that you may have given in the 
past, indicating (roughly) attendance level
    * Biographical sketch of the instructor(s)

Please submit this information electronically to:

    * [email-masked] and
    * [email-masked]

in order to allow for a prompt and thorough evaluation of your tutorial 
proposal. The evaluation criteria for each proposal include the expertise 
and experience of the instructor(s), the relevance of the subject, as well 
as the general objectives of the conference.

Important dates

Tutorial submission deadline: April 30th, 2007
PIMRC 2007 Tutorials: September 2nd, 2007

Tutorial Sessions Co-Chairs

Prof. Constantinos Papadias, Athens Information Technology
Prof. Gregory Yovanof, Athens Information Technology

Call for Special Sessions

PIMRC 2007 invites proposals for special sessions to be held in conjunction 
with conference. We solicit proposals for half and full day special sessions 
related to the conference topics. The aim of a special session is to bring 
together professionals from academia and industry to exchange ideas, 
experiences and identify obstacles and propose solutions in different 
domains of communications and telecommunications concerning key innovative 
issues. Proposals for special sessions should stress how they intend to 
provide more insight into the proposed innovative topic with respect to the 
main conference.

Proposal submission

Spesial sessions proposals should be submitted to the spesial session 
co-chairs with the title, a description of the topic, and the names of key 
organizers and potential presenters, by March 12, 2007. Prior contact with 
the spesial session co-chairs is encouraged. The organizer(s) of approved 
spesial sessions will be responsible for advertising their special session, 
and for the reviewing process for their papers, and for the collection of 
camera-ready copies of accepted papers. The spesial session proposal should 
follow the specific proposal form available at the website.

Imortant dates

Proposal submission due: March 12, 2007
Notification of acceptance: April 1, 2007

Spesial Session Co-Chairs

Dr. Didier Bourse, Motorola Labs,
[email-masked]
Prof. George Kormentzas, University of Aegean,
[email-masked]
Prof. Andreas Polydoros, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens,
[email-masked] 

_______________________________________________
pimrc07 mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.telecom.ntua.gr/mailman/listinfo/pimrc07

-- 
Mip4 mailing list: [email-masked]
    Web interface: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip4
     Charter page: http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/mip4-charter.html
Supplemental site: http://www.mip4.org/

---

From: PIMRC 2007 <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 00:23:08 +0200

IEEE PIMRC 2007

Overview

Call for Papers

Important Dates

Proposal Submission:

Important Dates:

Call for Tutorials

    * Tutorial Title
    * Instructor(s)

Important dates

Proposal submission

Imortant dates

---

From: PIMRC 2007 <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 00:23:08 +0200

IEEE PIMRC 2007

Overview

Call for Papers

Important Dates

Proposal Submission:

Important Dates:

Call for Tutorials

    * Tutorial Title
    * Instructor(s)

Important dates

Proposal submission

Imortant dates