Subject: [Mip4] [Researchers] Globecom 2007 Ad Hoc and Sensor Netw. Symposium

From: "Profa Mirela Sechi Moretti Annoni Notare" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2007 19:57:26 -0200

IEEE Globecom 2007 Ad Hoc and Sensor Networking Symposium -
CALL FOR PAPERS

26-30 November 2007 Washington, DC, USA
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Submission Date: March 15th, 2007
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Co-Chairs
Prof. Azzedine Boukerche, Email: [email-masked]
Prof. Hussein Mouftah, Email: [email-masked]
Prof. Hsiao-Hwa Chen, Email: [email-masked]

Scope
Multi-hop wireless Ad Hoc and sensor networks are self-organizing systems
formed by co-operating nodes within communication range of each other that
form temporary networks. Ad hoc wireless networks allow anywhere, anytime
network connectivity with complete lack of control, ownership, and
regulatory influence. The last few years have witnessed a wealth of
research ideas on ad hoc and sensor networks that are moving rapidly into
commercialization and standardization. Such networks can be randomly and
rapidly deployed and reconfigured and easily tailored to specific
applications including entertainment, civilian, military, etc. Moreover,
an ad hoc architecture is highly robust to node failure and can provide a
high-level of fault tolerance due to nodal redundancy and its distributed
nature. Furthermore, energy efficiency can be achieved through multi-hop
routing communication. Bandwidth reuse can also benefit from dividing the
single long range hop to multiple short hops with each hop having a
shorter range. Several challenges face are standing in the way to
achieving ubiquitous deployment of ad hoc and sensor networks. These
include variable topology, device heterogeneity, limited power supply and
the lack of effective energy-efficient design, lack of QoS and application
support, etc.

This symposium aims at providing a forum for sharing ideas among
researchers and practitioners working on state-of-the-art solutions to the
challenges above. We are seeking papers that describe original and
unpublished contributions addressing various aspects of ad hoc and sensor
networks. You are invited to submit original technical papers covering but
not limited to the following topics. Please visit the mail IEEE Globecom
2007 Webpage for submission details and on-line submissions at
http://www.ieee-globecom.org/2007/.

Topics of Interest
. Algorithms and modeling for mobile user localization and target tracking
. Analytical, mobility and validation models for ad hoc networks
. Applications and evolutions of Ad hoc and sensor networks
. Architectures of wireless communication and mobile computing
. Co-existence issues of hybrid networks
. Cross-layer design and interactions
. Cryptography and security issues in ad hoc and sensor networks
. Data management, data aggregation, data dissemination, and query 
processing
. Distributed algorithms for wireless ad hoc and sensor networks
. Frequency and channel allocation algorithms
. IEEE 802.11 and Bluetooth based medium access control
. MAC protocols for ad hoc and sensor networks
. Mobile service and QoS management
. Performance evaluation and modeling of mobile and ad hoc networks
. Pervasive and wearable computing
. Physical layer design of ad hoc networks
. Power control protocols for ad hoc and sensor networks
. Pricing modeling and solutions
. QoS provisioning in medium access control and routing
. Resource management algorithms in mobile, wireless and ad-hoc networks
. RF channel capacity modeling and analysis
. Service discovery in Ad hoc networks
. Simulation and measurement based evaluation of ad hoc and sensor
. Survivability and reliability evaluation and modeling
. Synchronization and scheduling in mobile ad hoc and sensor networks 
systems
. Topology control and management
. Ubiquitous, pervasive and mobile access
. Wireless ad hoc and sensor devices
. Wireless PANs, LANs based Ad hoc networks

Technical Program Committee, whose complete list can be found at Homepage:
http://paradise.site.uottawa.ca/~Globecom07-SensorNet 

-- 
Esta mensagem foi verificada pelo sistema de antivírus e
 acredita-se estar livre de perigo.

_______________________________________________
Researchers mailing list
[email-masked]
http://mailman.ufsc.br/mailman/listinfo/researchers

-- 
Mip4 mailing list: [email-masked]
    Web interface: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip4
     Charter page: http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/mip4-charter.html
Supplemental site: http://www.mip4.org/