Subject: [Mip4] ALGOSENSORS 2007: First Call for Papers

From: Ioannis Chatzigiannakis <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 00:12:35 +0200 (EET)

**************************************************************************

   Third International Workshop on
   Algorithmic Aspects of Wireless Sensor Networks

                      A L G O S E N S O R S   2 0 0 7

   July 14, 2006, Wroclaw, Poland
   To be held in conjunction with ICALP 2007.
   http://algosensors2007.im.pwr.wroc.pl

**************************************************************************

                      C A L L    F O R    P A P E R S

**************************************************************************

   SCOPE

   Wireless ad-hoc sensor networks have recently become a very active
   research subject due to their high potential of providing diverse
   services to numerous important applications, including remote
   monitoring and tracking in environmental applications and low
   maintenance ambient intelligence in everyday life. The effective and
   efficient realization of such large scale, complex ad-hoc networking
   environments requires intensive, coordinated technical research and
   development efforts, especially in power aware, scalable, robust
   wireless distributed protocols, due to the unusual application
   requirements and the severe resource constraints of the sensor devices.

   On the other hand, a solid foundational background seems necessary for
   sensor networks to achieve their full potential. It is a challenge for
   abstract modeling, algorithmic design and analysis to achieve provably
   efficient, scalable and fault-tolerant realizations of such huge,
   highly-dynamic, complex, non-conventional networks. Features including
   the extremely large number of sensor devices in the network, the
   severe power, computing and memory limitations, their dense, random
   deployment and frequent failures, pose new interesting abstract
   modeling, algorithmic design, analysis and implementation challenges
   of great practical impact.

   This Workshop aims to bring together research contributions related
   to diverse algorithmic and complexity theoretic aspects of wireless
   sensor networks. This is the third event in the series. ALGOSENSORS
   2004 was held in Turku, Finland, ALGOSENSORS 2006 was held in Venice,
   Italy. Since its beginning ALGOSENSORS is collocated with ICALP.

**************************************************************************

   TOPICS

   Contributions solicited cover the algorithmic issues in a variety of
   topics including (but not limited to):

     * Abstract models of sensor networks
     * Methods for ad hoc deployment/topology control
     * Energy management
     * Data propagation and routing
     * Infrastructure discovery
     * Opportunistic Networking / DTN
     * Localization
     * Tracking
     * Data aggregation/data compression
     * Obstacle avoidance
     * Power saving schemes
     * Communication protocols
     * Medium access control
     * Fault tolerance and dependability
     * Security and trust
     * Time synchronization
     * Distributed computing issues

**************************************************************************

   PROGRAM COMMITTEE CHAIR

     * Miroslaw Kutylowski, Wroclaw University of Technology, Poland

   PROGRAM COMMITTEE

     * Alan A. Bertossi, University of Bologna, Italy
     * Costas Busch, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, USA
     * Bogdan Chlebus, University of Colorado at Denver, USA
     * Jacek Cichon, Wroclaw University of Technology, Poland
     * Andrea Clementi, University of Rome "Tor Vergata", Italy
     * Tassos Dimitriou, Athens Information Technology, Greece
     * Sandor Fekete, Braunschweig University of Technology, Germany
     * Antonio Alfredo Ferreira Loureiro, Universidade Federal de Minas
       Gerais, Brazil,
     * Eric Fleury, INRIA, France
     * Rachid Guerraoui, EPFL,  Switzerland
     * Dariusz Kowalski, University of Liverpool, UK
     * Evangelos Kranakis, Carleton University, Canada,
     * Miroslaw Kutylowski, Wroclaw University of Technology, Poland
     * Jan van Leeuwen, Utrecht University, The Netherlands
     * Sotiris Nikoletseas, University of Patras and CTI, Greece
     * Pekka Orponen, Helsinki University of Technology TKK, Finland
     * Jose D. P. Rolim, University of Geneva, Switzerland,
     * Christian Scheideler, TU Munich, Germany
     * Christian Schindelhauer, University of Freiburg, Germany
     * Paul G. Spirakis, University of Patras and CTI, Greece,
     * Sebastien Tixeuil, Univ. Paris-Sud / INRIA,  France
     * Peter Widmayer, ETH Zurich, Switzerland

   ORGANIZING COMMITTEE

     *  Ioannis Chatzigiannakis, Publicity Chair, U. of Patras and CTI,
        Greece
     *  Agnieszka Rozanska, Local Organization, Wroclaw University of
        Technology, Poland

   STEERING COMMITTEE

     * Josep Diaz, Technical University of Catalonia, Spain
     * Jan van Leeuwen, Utrecht University, The Netherlands
     * Sotiris Nikoletseas (Chair), University of Patras and CTI,
       Greece
     * Jose Rolim, University of Geneva, Switzerland
     * Paul Spirakis, University of Patras and CTI, Greece

   INVITED SPEAKERS

     * TBA

**************************************************************************

   PROCEEDINGS

   Accepted papers will be published in full text in a hardcopy
   Proceedings by the Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS) Series of
   Springer Verlag.

   We are going to have post-proceedings i.e. authors will have the
   opportunity to revise their papers in the light of the discussion at
   the event and then submit their camera ready files by the end of
   August.

   Pre-proceedings will be available during the workshop for the
   participants.

   TCS JOURNAL SPECIAL ISSUE

   Selected high quality papers will be considered for publication in
   a Special Issue on Algorithmic Aspects of Wireless Sensor Networks of
   the Theoretical Computer Science (TCS) Journal.

**************************************************************************

   PAPER SUBMISSION

   Authors are invited to submit manuscripts reporting original research
   in the topics related to the workshop. Simultaneous submission to
   other conferences is not allowed.

   Papers should not exceed twelve (12) pages of text using at least 11
   point size type, including references, figures, tables, etc.,
   preferably formated in the LNCS style. Additional material may be
   added at a clearly marked Appendix to be read at the discretion of
   the Program Committee Members.

   Authors must submit their papers electronically via Web page:
   http://algosensors2007.im.pwr.wroc.pl/html/submission.php

   All papers will be peer reviewed and comments will be provided to
   the authors.

   Authors need to make sure that for each accepted paper at least one
   author will attend the workshop.

**************************************************************************

   IMPORTANT DATES

     * Submission Deadline: April 25,  2007
     * Author Notification: May 30, 2007
     * Camera Ready Manuscript Due: August 28, 2007

**************************************************************************

   SPONSORS

     * Polish Ministry Of Science and Higher Education
     * Wroclaw University of Technology

**************************************************************************

   CONTACT

     * web: http://algosensors2007.im.pwr.wroc.pl
     * email: [email-masked]
     * fax: +4871 320 2109

**************************************************************************

-- 
Mip4 mailing list: [email-masked]
    Web interface: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip4
     Charter page: http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/mip4-charter.html
Supplemental site: http://www.mip4.org/