Subject: [Mip4] CFP (dead line march 31) and Call for workshop (dead line February 9th) - MASS 2007 - Pisa, Italy - October 2007

From: "Nathalie Mitton" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2007 09:30:00 +0100

This message is cross-posted to several lists. Apologies for any duplicate
postings.

IEEE MASS 2007 ( <http://cnd.iit.cnr.it/mass2007/>
http://cnd.iit.cnr.it/mass2007/)

The Fourth IEEE International Conference on Mobile Ad-hoc and Sensor Systems

----------------
IMPORTANT DATES:
----------------
MASS Conference:

Manuscript Submission Due:               March 31, 2007
Acceptance Notification:                 June 30, 2007
Final Manuscript Due:                     August 10, 2007

Workshop proposals:
Proposals submission deadline:          February 9, 2007
Acceptance/Reject notification:         February 21, 2007
 
Papers due by:                          April 30, 2005
Paper selections due by:                July 15, 2007
Final papers due to IEEE:               August 10, 2007
 
----

Call For Papers and call for workshop

Wireless multi-hop communication is envisioned in multiple scenarios where
network nodes communicate via other network nodes: conferences, hospitals,
battlefields, rescue operations, environment control, cars-to-cars, and
monitoring scenarios. Wireless mesh networks have been applied as
alternatives for providing Internet access in remote business and
residential areas. Wireless sensor networks are being deployed for several
industrial control processes and for monitoring environment. This conference
aims to address multi-hop ad-hoc and sensor networks systems, covering
topics ranging from technology issues up to the applications aspects.
Original manuscripts that focus on the analytical modeling,
protocol/algorithm design, and/or experimental studies of the following
topics of interest are sought:

*        physical layer impact on higher level protocols

*        MAC protocols for ad-hoc and sensor networks (802.11, 802.15.4,
UWB) Provisioning of wireless QoS in terms of bandwidth and delay assurance

*        Routing protocols (unicast, multicast, broadcast, geocast) and
routing metrics

*        Data transport in wireless ad hoc and sensor networks

*        Power-aware and energy-efficient design

*        Topology construction and coverage maintenance

*        Cross layer design and optimization

*        Incentives and game theoretic approaches in wireless ad-hoc
networks

*        Localization and synchronization in wireless sensor networks

*        Data gathering, fusion, and dissemination in wireless sensor

*        Reliability, security, and trustworthiness issues in ad hoc and
sensor networks

*        Operating system and middleware support

*        Measurements and practical experience from experimental systems and
test-beds

*        Modeling, analysis and performance evaluation

*        Mesh networking

*        Delay tolerant networks and opportunistic networking

*        Handoff and mobility management and seamless internetworking

*        Peer-to-peer, overlay, and content distribution wireless ad hoc
networks

*        Reliability, security, and trustworthiness issues in ad hoc and
sensor networks

Paper submission
All submissions must be full papers in .pdf or .ps (PostScript) format.
Papers must be uploaded to EDAS by March 31, 2007, and must not exceed 10
single-spaced, two-column pages using at least 11 point size fonts on 8.5 x
11 inch pages. Detailed submission instructions will be published in due
time on the conference website  <http://www.cse.fau.edu/mass2006/>
http://www.ieee-mass.org together with format files.

Workshops
Proposals for full day workshops are solicited. Selections will be made
considering the expertise and experience of the workshop organizers and the
relevance of the topic to the central theme of the conference. Proposals of
at most 4 pages, including a 1-page biographical sketch, should be submitted
to the Workshops Chair by March 31, 2007

Demos
Technical demonstration of experimental ad hoc networking and computing
systems are solicited. To Instructions for submitting a demo proposal will
be published in due time on the conference website.

Important dates
Manuscript Submission Due: March 31, 2007
Acceptance Notification: June 30, 2007
Final Manuscript Due: August 10, 2007

CALL FOR WORKSHOPS

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
--

IEEE MASS 2007 will be the fourth annual conference on the rapidly expanding

area of multi-hop wireless computing and sensor networking, and will provide

an exciting platform for discussing research vision of a digitally networked

wireless environment. 
 
The MASS Organizing Committee invites proposals for one-day workshops 
affiliated with the conference. 
The workshops will be held prior to, or after, the main conference.
 
The purpose of these workshops is to provide a platform for presenting novel

ideas and more specific research areas in a less formal and possibly more 
focused way than at the conference itself. 
Please visit  <http://www.cse.fau.edu/mass2006/workshops.html>
http://www.cse.fau.edu/mass2006/workshops.html to view 
information on workshops held last year at MASS 2006.
 
Workshops Proposals are solicited in all areas and topics pertaining to 
ad-hoc wireless and sensor networking research and applications, including, 
but not limited to, theoretical performance bounds for ad-hoc networks, 
sensor and wireless network and application security/privacy, mesh networks,

middleware platforms and applications of specific techniques (e.g., control 
theory or biological networks) to wireless networks. 
We expect all selected workshops to adhere to a common paper submission and 
reviewing schedule outlined below. All papers included in the MASS 2007 
workshops will appear in the MASS 2007 Proceedings published by IEEE.
 
-------------------------------
 
Proposal Submission Guidelines:
 
-------------------------------
 
Each workshop proposal must include:
 
1. The name of the workshop.
 
2. The names, addresses, and a short bio (up to 200 words) of the 
   organizers (maximum up to three).
 
3. A brief description (up to 1 page) of the technical issues that the 
   workshop will address, and the reasons why the workshop is of interest 
   this time.
 
4. The names of potential participants, such as program committee members,
 
5. Planned format of the workshop, such as number of refereed papers, 
   keynotes, panels etc.
 
6. If appropriate, a description of past versions of the workshop, 
   including: number of submitted and accepted papers, number of attendees.
 
7. A description of the publicity plan.
 
8. A call for papers
 
9. The workshop website address
 
Workshop proposals should be submitted, no later than February 9, 2007, 
by e-mail (in PDF format) with "MASS 2007 Workshop Proposal" in the subject,

to BOTH MASS 2007 Workshop Co-chairs:

  Luciano Bononi
  Department of Computer Science, University of Bologna, Italy 
  Mura Anteo Zamboni 7, 40127, Bologna, Italy
  E-mail:  <mailto:[email-masked]> [email-masked]
 
  and
 
  Archan Misra
  IBM T.J. Watson Research Centre
  19 Skyline Drive, Room 2N-B18
  Hawthorne, NY 10532
  Email: [email-masked]
 
----------------
IMPORTANT DATES:
----------------
 
Proposals submission deadline:          February 9, 2007
Acceptance/Reject notification:         February 21, 2007
 
Papers due by:                          April 30, 2005
Paper selections due by:                July 15, 2007
Final papers due to IEEE:               August 10, 2007
 
-- 

-- 
Mip4 mailing list: [email-masked]
    Web interface: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip4
     Charter page: http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/mip4-charter.html
Supplemental site: http://www.mip4.org/