Subject: [Mip4] IEEE SenseApp 2007 - Call For Papers

From: Salil Kanhere <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 21:20:26 +1100

We apologize  in advance if  you receive multiple  copies of
this CFP

________________________________________________________________________ 
__________

				   SENSEAPP 2007
		SECOND IEEE INTERNATIONAL WORKSHOP ON PRACTICAL ISSUES IN
			BUILDING SENSOR NETWORK APPLICATIONS
			(in conjunction with IEEE LCN 2007)
				Dublin, Ireland
				15 - 18 October 2007
			Web: http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~senseapp

				   CALL FOR PAPERS

Sensor nodes are tiny autonomous devices that combine sensing,  
computing and wireless communication capabilities. These nodes are  
deeply embedded into the physical surroundings, and gather and  
process information such as temperature, humidity, light  
characteristics, seismic activities or images and sound samples from  
the physical world. Networked systems of such sensors are expected to  
be used in a variety of applications including habitat monitoring,  
precision agriculture, disaster recovery operations, healthcare and  
supply chain management. Real-world sensor network deployments and  
prototypic implementations are still not commonplace. However,  
experiences gained in such deployments are crucial for the sensor  
network research community. These results are needed to refine  
assumptions made when designing hardware, software, protocols and  
mechanisms for sensor networks.

This workshop aims at bringing together researchers from academia and  
industry to showcase their work and obtain feedback. We expect the  
workshop to act as a forum for the sensor network research community  
to discuss open issues, novel solutions and the future development of  
wireless sensor networks in general. We encourage contributions  
describing innovative work in the realm of wireless sensor networks.  
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:

Experiences from real-world sensor network deployment and applications
Innovative sensor network applications
Middleware support for sensor networks
Programming and debugging sensor networks
Security, availability and dependability issues in sensor networks
Experiences with new sensor hardware
Practical problems in implementing localization and time synchronization
Experiences with communication protocols
Practical medium access control protocols (MACs)
Topology control and routing protocols in existing sensor network  
deployments
Fault-tolerance and troubleshooting sensor networks
Antenna design and experiences with signal propagation
Experiences regarding energy management and network lifetime
Configuration and installation support
Management of large-scale sensor networks
Interconnection between IP and sensor networks

Submitted papers will be reviewed by three independent experts in the  
field. Proceedings of the workshop will be published together with  
those of IEEE LCN, and will be available in digital format from the  
IEEE Explore Digital Library.

SUBMISSION:

FULL PAPERS: Authors are invited to submit original unpublished work,  
not currently under review by another conference, workshop or  
journal. Full papers should be restricted to 8 camera-ready pages (in  
10 pt font, double column, US letter size, 8.5 x 11 inches, IEEE  
format), including text, figures and references. Authors should use  
only standard fonts, i.e. Times Roman, Courier, Symbol, Helvetica or  
equivalent.

POSTER/DEMOS: Poster papers are an opportunity to present initial  
results and obtain feedback on on-going research. We also welcome  
submissions for demonstrations that showcase original research,  
practical implementations and realistic applications of wireless  
sensor networks. Poster/demo papers must be restricted to 2 camera- 
ready pages (in 10 pt font, double column, US letter size, 8.5 x 11  
inches, IEEE format), including text, figures and references.

Papers must be submitted electronically via EDAS. All papers must  
include title, complete contact information of all authors, abstract  
and up to 5 keywords on the cover page. The corresponding author must  
be clearly identified. Further information can be found at http:// 
www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~senseapp.

IMPORTANT DATES:

Paper Registration deadline: 23 April 2007
Paper Submission Deadline: 30 April 2007
Notification of Acceptance: 25 June 2007
Camera Ready Copy Due: 23 July 2007

PROGRAM COMMITTEE CO-CHAIRS:

Salil Kanhere, The University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia
Utz Roedig, Lancaster University, Ireland

STEERING COMMITTEE:

Sanjay Jha, The University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia
Cormac Sreenan, University College, Cork, UK

TECHNICAL PROGRAM COMMITTEE:

Nael Abu-Ghazaleh, SUNY Binghamton, USA
Ralf Ackermann, SAP Research, Germany
Athanassios Boulis, National ICT Australia, Australia
Yuanzhu Peter Chen, Memorial University of Newfoundland, Canada
Uday Desai, Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, India
Falko Dressler, University of Erlangen, Germany
Mohamed Eltoweissy, Virginia Tech, USA
Wendi Heinzelman, University of Rochester, USA
Wen Hu, CSIRO, Australia
Anura Jaysumana, Colorado State University, USA
Vana Kalogeraki, University of California at Riverside, USA
Gerd Kortuem, Lancaster University, UK
Guoqiang Mao, University of Sydney, Australia
Jelena Misic, University of Manitoba, Canada
Farid Nait-Abdesselam, University of Science and Technology Lille,  
France
Stephan Olariu, Old Dominion University, USA
Raju Pandey, University of California at Davis, USA
Kaustubh Phanse, Lulea University of Technology, Sweden
Kay Roemer, ETH Zurich, Switzerland
Ashraf Saad, Armstrong Atlantic State University, USA
Selvakennedy Selvadurai, University of Sydney, Australia
Vijay Sivaraman, University of New South Wales, Australia
Pavan Sikka, CSIRO, Australia
Sameer Tilak, University of California at San Diego, USA
Thiemo Voigt, Swedish Institute of Computer Science, Sweden
Mohamed Younis, University of Maryland at Baltimore County, USA
________________________________________________________________________ 
__________

regards
salil
_______________________________________________
Salil Kanhere
Lecturer
School of Computer Science and Engineering
The University Of New South Wales
Sydney NSW 2052
Australia
E-mail: [email-masked]
Web: www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~salilk
Tel: +61 2 9385 6927
Fax: +61 2 9385 5995

UNSW CRICOS Provider Code: 00098G
Legal Disclaimer: http://www.eng.unsw.edu.au/emailids.htm
______________________________________________

-- 
Mip4 mailing list: [email-masked]
    Web interface: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip4
     Charter page: http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/mip4-charter.html
Supplemental site: http://www.mip4.org/