Subject: [Mip4] Vertical Handover and Binding

From: "Daniel Park" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 11:30:18 +0900

Folks,

One curious in my mind,, so I'd clarify that.

How to adopt MIP4 to vertical handover case ? Is there any changes or
concerns from the horizental MIP4 case ?

For example, I have two interfaces (WLAN and Cellular). Procedure is as follows:
[1] WLAN is now working (Home address is configured)
[2] Cellular is coming up (Care of address is being configured while
duplicated area)
Question here: how to make binding update messages to be sent to HA/CN ?

In case interface is switched, original application is still
maintained even physical interface is different ?

Thanks in advance

-- Daniel Park

-- 
Mip4 mailing list: [email-masked]
    Web interface: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip4
     Charter page: http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/mip4-charter.html
Supplemental site: http://www.mip4.org/

---

From: "Ji Zhang" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 10:17:03 +0100

Hi Daniel,

In my opinion, this is implementation dependent. Comments inline...

Cheers,
Ji

--
Ji Zhang
Software Engineer
Fix Mobile Convergence Solutions
Cambridge Silicon Radio Ltd., UK

-----Original Message-----
From: Daniel Park [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: 21 June 2007 03:30
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Mip4] Vertical Handover and Binding

Folks,

[Ji] There should be no changes in terms of MIP4 itself. Concerns
include when to launch MIP4 registration request, from which interface
etc.

For example, I have two interfaces (WLAN and Cellular). Procedure is as
follows:
[1] WLAN is now working (Home address is configured)
[2] Cellular is coming up (Care of address is being configured while
duplicated area)
Question here: how to make binding update messages to be sent to HA/CN ?

[Ji] After cellular connection is up, registration request (binding
update) can be sent through cellular, while at the same time WLAN
interface can keep receiving data in flight.

[Ji] If the firewall/policy of the new network associated with the new
interface allows, application continuity should be no problem. QoS might
be another concern though. :-)

Thanks in advance

-- Daniel Park

 To report this email as spam click
https://www.mailcontrol.com/sr/wQw0zmjPoHdJTZGyOCrrhg==
zo+GYZlMEQoYwXe8tb+XPQDuNPbmhCyQApYkiDc15I9r!DMBNR1kg1aXs9K8Ds0OTdyMlpOz
fXC5qfy!nortq6PiP3CgMoWMDhfTgvtDFaIkmryQohQaKBEfRis3bIbPGH+41Napzf1Wxd8n
HtS+h0+0xpNcQ8EQ7xlqx1x!CIPJbpGbLGuD7g! .