Subject: [Mip4] RFC 4857 on Mobile IPv4 Regional Registration

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 11:03:29 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4857

        Title:      Mobile IPv4 Regional Registration 
        Author:     E. Fogelstroem, A. Jonsson,
                    C. Perkins
        Status:     Experimental
        Date:       June 2007
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      35
        Characters: 79939
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mip4-reg-tunnel-04.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4857.txt

Using Mobile IP, a mobile node registers with its home agent each
time it changes care-of address.  This document describes a new kind
of "regional registrations", i.e., registrations local to the visited
domain.  The regional registrations are performed via a new network
entity called a Gateway Foreign Agent (GFA) and introduce a layer of
hierarchy in the visited domain.  Regional registrations reduce the
number of signaling messages to the home network, and reduce the
signaling delay when a mobile node moves from one foreign agent to
another within the same visited domain.  This document is an optional
extension to the Mobile IPv4 protocol.  This memo defines an Experimental 
Protocol for the Internet community.

This document is a product of the Mobility for IPv4
Working Group of the IETF.

EXPERIMENTAL: This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the Internet 
community. It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. 
Discussion and suggestions for improvement are requested.  Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

-- 
Mip4 mailing list: [email-masked]
    Web interface: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip4
     Charter page: http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/mip4-charter.html
Supplemental site: http://www.mip4.org/