Subject: [Mip4] ICST - Mobilware 2008 - Call for Papers

From: Janise McNair <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 07:11:19 -0400 (EDT)

[Apologies if you receive multiple copies of this CFP.]

*****  MOBILWARE 2008 *****

The First International Conference on MOBILe Wireless 
MiddleWARE,Operating Systems, and Applications

http://www.mobilware.org/
Jointly sponsored by Create-Net and ICST
Innsbruck, Austria, February 13-15, 2008

***************

IMPORTANT DATES

Paper Submission Due Date:      	August 15, 2007
Notification of Acceptance:             November 1, 2007
Final version due:                      December 20, 2007

***************

SCOPE:

The advances in wireless communication technologies and the 
proliferation of mobile devices have enabled the realization of 
intelligent environments for people to communicate with each 
other, interact with information-processing devices, and receive a 
wide range of mobile wireless services through various types of 
networks and systems everywhere, anytime. A key enabler of this 
ambient intelligence and unobtrusive connectivity is the 
advancement of software technology in various communication 
sectors, ranging from communications middleware and operating 
systems to networking protocols and applications.
This new international conference, MOBILWARE, is dedicated to 
addressing emerging topics and challenges in various mobile 
wireless software-related areas. The scope of the conference is 
the design, implementation, deployment, and evaluation of 
middleware, operating systems (OS), and applications for computing 
and communications in mobile wireless systems. It aims to provide 
a high profile, leading edge forum for researchers, engineers, and 
standards developers to present their latest research, techniques, 
and experiences in the filed of software technology for mobile 
wireless systems.

PAPERS: Original and unpublished research achievements in various 
aspects of middleware/operating systems/applications are 
solicited. Topics include, but are not limited to:
- OS/middleware for embedded systems, wearable networks, and 
personal area networks
- OS/middleware support for the integration of heterogeneous 
wireless networks
- Middleware for mobile computing
- Middleware for QoS awareness, adaptation, and fault-tolerance of 
mobile services
- Middleware for opportunistic networking in delay-tolerant mobile 
services
- Location-aware and context-aware mobile supports and services
- Mobility management and handoff management in heterogeneous 
integrated networks
- Location and tracking supports and services
- Mobility-aware wireless service discovery, management, and 
delivery
- Intelligent and mobile agent technologies for mobile systems and 
services
- Human-computer interface and portable 3D graphics for mobile 
devices
- Middleware/applications for wireless sensor networks, vehicular 
networks, home networks, and P2P systems
- Modeling and performance of mobile wireless services (VoIP, 
gaming, P2P sharing, urban monitoring, ?)
- Software supports for mobile military applications (navigation 
modeling, 3D map representation, ...)
- Deployment and management supports for large-scale mobile 
services
- Policy, trust, security, and privacy issues for mobile wireless 
networks

POSTERS/DEMOS: The conference will include a poster/demo session 
to highlight recent and on-going research, experiments, and 
provocative ideas not yet published elsewhere. Poster/demo 
submissions will be reviewed and summaries of accepted posters 
will appear in the conference proceedings.

WORKSHOPS: Proposals for workshops are solicited. Potential 
workshop organizers are requested to submit a proposal of at most 
5 pages, including a biographical sketch of each proponent, to the 
Workshop Chair by September 1, 2007. Proposal evaluation will be 
based on the expertise and experience of the proponents and on the 
relevance of the subject matter.

SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS: All paper, poster, and workshop 
submissions will be handled electronically. Please visit the 
conference website http://www.mobilware.org for detailed 
submission requirements and procedures.

PUBLICATION: All submitted papers and posters will be rigorously 
reviewed by technical program committee members and invited 
reviewers. All accepted papers and poster abstracts will be made 
available in the ACM Digital Library (pending) and then be 
included in major article indexing services. Extended versions of 
selected papers from MOBILWARE will be published in a dedicated 
special issue of the Mobile Networks and Applications (MONET) 
Journal.

*****************************

STEERING COMMITTEE
Imrich Chlamtac (Chair), Create-Net, Italy
Carl K. Chang, Iowa State University, USA

GENERAL CO-CHAIRS
Tuna Tugcu. Bogazici University, Turkey
Linda Xie, University of North Carolina at Charlotte, USA

TECHNICAL PROGRAM COMMITTEE CHAIR
Paolo Bellavista, University of Bologna, Italy

PUBLICITY CHAIR
Janise McNair, University of Florida

CONFERENCE ORGANIZATION CHAIR
Zsuzsa Lanyi-Kaszab, ICST

TECHNICAL PROGRAM COMMITTEE (to be confirmed)
G. Abowd, Georgia Inst. Technology, USA
O.B. Akan, METU, Turkey
K. Bur, Technische Universit?t Berlin, Germany
C. Bisdikian, IBM T.J. Watson, USA
Y. Cai, Iowa State University, USA
R.H. Campbell, U. Illinois Urbana C., USA
J. Cao, Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong
S. Clarke, Trinity College Dublin, Ireland
E. Ekici, Ohio State University, USA
M. Gerla, University of California Los Angeles, USA
G. Giambene, University of Siena, Italy
T. Gu, Inst. Infocomm Research, Singapore
X. Gu, Tech. University Braunschweig, Germany
R. Hill, Indiana University, USA
L. Iftode, Rutgers University, USA
T. Kanter, Ericsson Research, Sweden
U.C. Kozat, DoCoMo Labs, USA
P.J. Keleher, University of Maryland, USA
P. Lorenz, University of Haute Alsace, France
T. Magedanz, Fraunhofer Fokus, Germany
G. Morabito, University of Catania, Italy
S. Nath, Microsoft Research, USA
P. Nixon, University College Dublin, Ireland
G.-C. Roman, Washington University St. Louis, USA
J. Taheri, University Sydney, Australia
A. Tripathi, University of Minnesota, USA
M. Youssef, University of Maryland, USA
F. Zambonelli, U. Modena&Reggio, Italy

-- 
Mip4 mailing list: [email-masked]
    Web interface: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip4
     Charter page: http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/mip4-charter.html
Supplemental site: http://www.mip4.org/