Subject: [Mip4] ACM WMuNeP'07 Workshop Call for Papers (extended submission deadline)

From: Christos Bouras <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2007 13:08:52 +0300

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sorry if you have received multiple message.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

3rd ACM WMUNEP'07
THE THIRD ACM INTERNATIONAL WORKSHOP ON WIRELESS MULTIMEDIA NETWORKING AND
PERFORMANCE MODELING

22-26 October 2007
Chania, Creta Island, Greece
http://wmunep2007.cti.gr/

To be held jointly with 10th ACM/IEEE MSWiM 2007 the 10-th ACM/IEEE
International Symposium on Modeling, Analysis and Simulation of Wireless and
Mobile Systems
http://www.cs.unibo.it/projects/mswim2007/

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
NEW Paper Submission deadline: June 10, 2007
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
SCOPE
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Third ACM International Workshop on Wireless Multimedia Networking and
Performance Modeling (WMuNeP'07) will be a one-day workshop, held in
conjunction with the 10th Annual ACM Symposium on Modeling, Analysis and
Simulation of Wireless and Mobile Systems (MSWiM΄07). The demand for wireless
multimedia communications thrives in today's consumer and corporate market. The
need to evolve multimedia applications and services, and their associated
protocols for emerging networks is at a critical point given the proliferation
and integration of wireless systems to intelligent and broadband networks,
mobility of people, data/voice convergence and the integration of computing and
communication in mobile devices.

This workshop is devoted to cover different aspects of wireless multimedia
networking and performance modeling for WLANs, WPANs, WMANs, WWANs, MANETs and
sensor networks such as wireless video and wireless streaming, systematic
design methodologies, algorithms, synchronization, analysis and performance
modeling. The workshop will provide a forum for researchers and practitioners
to present their contributions related to the above high-level aspects.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
TOPICS
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Topics of interest include (but are not limited to):

-Wireless multimedia network management
-Wireless multimedia traffic modeling
-Middleware and reflective systems support for wireless multimedia
-Proxy-based systems for video transcoding and content distribution
-Performance modeling,monitoring and evaluation of wireless multimedia
networks and systems
-Multipoint, multicast wireless multimedia services
-Deployment of wireless multimedia applications, services and networks
-Protocols for wireless multimedia networks
-QoS and Resource Allocation in wireless multimedia networks
-Integration of wireless multimedia networks to broadband networks
-End-to-end IP multimedia wireless communications
-Coding and transmission for wireless multimedia networks
-Distributed wireless multimedia services
-Content-based wireless multimedia information retrieval tools
-Video,streaming, real-time wireless multimedia communications and
applications Security in wireless multimedia networks
-Wireless multimedia right protection and watermarking
-Pricing mechanisms for wireless multimedia networks
-E-Commerce and related applications for wireless multimedia networks
-Multimedia evaluation and processing for wireless networks
-Cross layer design for wireless multimedia networks
-Software tools for system performance and evaluation of wireless
multimedia networks
-Case studies showing the role of evaluation in the design of systems

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
SUBMISSIONS
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Authors are invited to submit research contributions representing original,
previously unpublished work. Submitted papers will be carefully evaluated based
on originality, significance, technical soundness, and clarity of exposition.
Accepted papers will appear on the workshop proceedings that will be published
by ACM press. At least one of the authors of accepted papers must attend the
conference to present his/her paper. Paper length should be no more than 10
pages, double column, ACM style including tables and figures. More information
about the submission template can be found in the workshop web site
(http://wmunep2007.cti.gr/). Only Postscript and PDF formats are accepted.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
ORGANIZING COMMITTEES
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Program committee of the workshop can be found in the following URL:
http://wmunep2007.cti.gr/committees.php

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
IMPORTANT DATES
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

NEW - Paper Submission June 10, 2007
Author Notification July 5, 2007
Author Registration TBA
Camera-ready Paper TBA

For any question related to WMuNeP 2007, please contact the Program Co-Chairs
Prof. Regina Araujo: regina at dc.ufscar.br and/or Prof. Christos Bouras:
bouras at cti.gr)

-- 
Mip4 mailing list: [email-masked]
    Web interface: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip4
     Charter page: http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/mip4-charter.html
Supplemental site: http://www.mip4.org/