Subject: [Mip4] FW: I-D ACTION:draft-muhanna-diameter-mip4-performance-00.txt

From: "Ahmad Muhanna" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2007 12:02:18 -0500

Hello folks,

We tried to make some comparison between the Diameter Mobile IPv4
Application and RADIUS based MIPv4 authentication and authorization
procedures and their impact on the initial MIPv4 session setup. We tried
to cover all scenarios but for sure we are looking forward for your
feedback and comments to enhance this humble study.

Many thanks in advance for your feedback.

Regards,
Ahmad

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Tuesday, July 03, 2007 9:15 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-muhanna-diameter-mip4-performance-00.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

	Title		: MIPv4 Authentication Performance Using RADIUS
and Diameter MIPv4
	Author(s)	: A. Muhanna, M. Khalil
	Filename	: draft-muhanna-diameter-mip4-performance-00.txt
	Pages		: 16
	Date		: 2007-7-3
	
   Current Mobile IPv4 deployments use RADIUS based MIPv4 user
   authentication and authorization.  Diameter Mobile IPv4 Application
   [RFC4004] offers another method for MIPv4 authentication,
   authorization, and dynamic mobility security association allocation,
   e.g.  MN-HA SA allocation.  Some SDOs are considering the use of
   Diameter Mobile IPv4 Application to replace RADIUS based mechanism.
   This document presents an analysis of the performance and impact of
   Diameter MIPv4 Application and RADIUS based solutions on the time the
   mobile node uses during the initial session setup.  Some common MIPv4
   scenarios which require the mobile node to retransmit its initial RRQ
   message have been identified and used.  The set of assumptions and
   requirements used for this study has been clearly documented under
   section 5.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-muhanna-diameter-mip4-performa
nce-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-muhanna-diameter-mip4-performance-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE
/internet-drafts/draft-muhanna-diameter-mip4-performance-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail
readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
-- 
Mip4 mailing list: [email-masked]
    Web interface: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip4
     Charter page: http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/mip4-charter.html
Supplemental site: http://www.mip4.org/