Subject: [Mip4] CALL FOR POSTERS & DEMOS: The Second ACM International Workshop on UnderWater Networks (WUWNet 2007)

From: "Dario Pompili" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 13:15:34 -0400

[We apologize in advance if you receive multiple copies of this CALL FOR
POSTERS & DEMOS]

_______________________________________________________________
__________________________________________________________________________
The Second ACM International Workshop on UnderWater Networks (WUWNet 2007)
http://wuwnet07.engr.uconn.edu/ 

In conjunction with ACM MobiCom 2007                
September 14, 2007
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Sponsored by ACM SIGMOBILE
__________________________________________________________________________
__________________________________________________________________________

*********************************
CALL FOR WORK-IN-PROGRESS POSTERS
*********************************

The work-in-progress poster session will provide a forum for researchers to
showcase new and emerging work and obtain feedback from others on ongoing
research. Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:  

- Network architecture design 
- Efficient acoustic communications 
- Cooperative underwater communications 
- Medium access control 
- Routing and forwarding 
- Reliable data transfer 
- Security and robustness 
- Power management 
- Data storage and management 
- Localization, timing, and synchronization 
- Data fusion, dissemination, tracking 
- Network modeling and simulations 
- Capacity analysis 
- New techniques for aquatic applications 
- New applications for underwater networks 
- Acoustic propagation modeling 
- Underwater network simulations 
- Underwater acoustic and optical testbeds  

POSTER SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS

Please submit an extended abstract (no more than 2 pages) of your poster as
a PDF e-mail attachment to <vrodoplu at ece.ucsb.edu> and <weiye at isi.edu>
with the subject line reading "WUWNet Poster Submission" before the
deadline. Please be as specific as possible in describing what you will
show. Accepted abstracts will be posted and maintained on the workshop
website.  

IMPORTANT DATES

Extended abstracts due: 11:59 pm (EST), August 17, 2007 
Notification of acceptance: August 22, 2007 
Web abstracts due: August 31, 2007 
Workshop date: September 14, 2007  

WORK-IN-PROGRESS POSTER COMMITTEE
  
Volkan Rodoplu (University of California, Santa Barbara) 
Wei Ye (ISI, University of Southern California)  
________________________________________________________________________

**************
CALL FOR DEMOS  
**************

Demonstrations of innovative research, applications, and hardware/software
products are solicited. Demonstrations of technology, platforms,
applications and products for all aspects of underwater networks are of
strong interest. Submission from both industry and universities are
encouraged. 

DEMO SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS

Please submit an extended abstract (no more than 2  pages) of your demo as a
PDF e-mail attachment to: <payman at ee.washington.edu> and <xie at nps.edu>
with the subject line reading "WUWNet Demo Submission" before the deadline.
Please be as specific as possible in describing what you will demonstrate or
exhibit. The extended abstract should include a short description of space
and equipment requirements. Accepted abstracts will be posted and maintained
on the workshop website.

IMPORTANT DATES

Extended abstracts due: 11:59 pm (EST), August 17, 2007 
Notification of acceptance: August 22, 2007 
Web abstracts due: August 31, 2007 
Workshop date: September 14, 2007  

DEMO COMMITTEE

Payman Arabshahi (University of Washington) 
Geoffrey Xie (Naval Postgraduate School)

__________________________________________________________________________

Dario Pompili, Ph.D.

School of Electrical & Computer Engineering 
Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA
Email: [email-masked]
http://users.ece.gatech.edu/dario/

-- 
Mip4 mailing list: [email-masked]
    Web interface: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip4
     Charter page: http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/mip4-charter.html
Supplemental site: http://www.mip4.org/