Subject: RE: [Mip4] EXTENDED: mip4 and dhc WG joint last call on draft-ietf-mip4-gen-ext-03.txt

From: "Parviz Yegani \(pyegani\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2007 07:44:09 -0700

I support advancing this draft to an RFC.

Rgds,
Parviz 

-----Original Message-----
From: Ralph Droms (rdroms) 
Sent: Thursday, June 28, 2007 3:18 AM
To: [email-masked]; DHC WG
Subject: [Mip4] EXTENDED: mip4 and dhc WG joint last call on
draft-ietf-mip4-gen-ext-03.txt

There has been no response to this WG last call, so the deadline will be
extended to 1700EDT, 07/05/07.

=====
This message announces a joint WG last call for the mip4 and dhc WGs on
"Mobile IPv4 Extension for Configuration Options Exchange"
<draft-ietf-mip4-gen-ext-03.txt>.  The last call will conclude at
1700EDT, Monday, 06/25/07.

The dhc WG is asked to review the use of DHCP options in this draft to
pass configuration information to a mobile node.

Please respond to this joint WG last call.  Responses may be sent to
either [email-masked] or [email-masked].  If you support acceptance of
the document without change, respond with a simple acknowledgment, so
that support for the document can be assessed.  Lack of discussion does
not represent positive support.  If there is no expression of support
for acceptance during the WG last call, the document will not be
advanced to the IESG.

draft-ietf-mip4-gen-ext-03.txt describes the mechanism for providing the
host configuration information during Mobile IP registration.  One or
more Configuration Options Exchange Extensions may be included in the
registration message to provide the Mobile Node the configuration
parameters needed for network service (e.g.  DNS).  This draft is
available as
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mip4-gen-ext-03.txt

- Stig Venaas, Ralph Droms
  dhc WG chairs

--
Mip4 mailing list: [email-masked]
    Web interface: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip4
     Charter page: http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/mip4-charter.html
Supplemental site: http://www.mip4.org/

-- 
Mip4 mailing list: [email-masked]
    Web interface: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip4
     Charter page: http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/mip4-charter.html
Supplemental site: http://www.mip4.org/

---

From: "Bernie Volz \(volz\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 16:18:40 -0400

Ralph, et al:

This document only references DHCP and does not alter or extend it, so I
see no strong need for wide review by the DHC WG.

One suggestion is to add the "Note that DHCP option codes (OpCode)
referenced by this document are defined in [RFC2132].", that is in the
IANA Considerations, earlier because the IANA Considerations are usually
dropped when the RFC is produced. So, this might get lost (and isn't
really an IANA Considerations issue anyway).

- Bernie

-----Original Message-----
From: Ralph Droms (rdroms) 
Sent: Thursday, June 28, 2007 6:18 AM
To: [email-masked]; DHC WG
Subject: [dhcwg] EXTENDED: mip4 and dhc WG joint last call on

=====
This message announces a joint WG last call for the mip4 and dhc WGs
on "Mobile IPv4 Extension for Configuration Options Exchange"
<draft-ietf-mip4-gen-ext-03.txt>.  The last call will conclude at
1700EDT, Monday, 06/25/07.

Please respond to this joint WG last call.  Responses may be sent to
either [email-masked] or [email-masked].  If you support acceptance of
the document without change, respond with a simple acknowledgment, so
that support for the document can be assessed.  Lack of discussion
does not represent positive support.  If there is no expression of
support for acceptance during the WG last call, the document will not
be advanced to the IESG.

draft-ietf-mip4-gen-ext-03.txt describes the mechanism for providing
the host configuration information during Mobile IP registration.  One
or more Configuration Options Exchange Extensions may be included in
the registration message to provide the Mobile Node the configuration
parameters needed for network service (e.g.  DNS).  This draft is
available as
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mip4-gen-ext-03.txt

_______________________________________________
dhcwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg

---

From: "Chowdhury, Kuntal" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 15:35:30 -0400

Hi Bernie,

Thanks for the review. I think your suggestion to add the note is good
for clarification purpose. So, I see no issue adding such note in the
document.

BR,
Kuntal

> From: Bernie Volz (volz) [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Friday, June 29, 2007 3:19 PM
> To: Ralph Droms (rdroms); [email-masked]; DHC WG
> Subject: [Mip4] RE: [dhcwg] EXTENDED: mip4 and dhc WG joint last call
> ondraft-ietf-mip4-gen-ext-03.txt
> 
> Ralph, et al:
>