Subject: [Mip4] Call for Chapters on Localization in Wireless Sensor Networks – Deadline Approaching

From: Guo Qiang Mao <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 20:26:11 +1000 (EST)

[Our apologizes if you receive multiple copies of this CFP]

[CFC] Call for Chapters on Localization in Wireless Sensor Networks –
Deadline Approaching

Book Title: Localization Algorithms and Strategies for Wireless Sensor
Networks: Monitoring and Surveillance Techniques for Target Tracking

Book webpage:
http://www.ee.usyd.edu.au/~guoqiang/Research/BookOnLocalizationAlgorithms.htm

Editors: Guoqiang Mao and Baris Fidan

Publishing Details: This book will be published by IGI Global
http://www.igi-pub.com/ in 2008.

Introduction
Wireless sensor networks (WSNs) constitute a significant technology of
today, attracting considerable research interest from various disciplines.
Self-localization capability is a highly desirable characteristic of
wireless sensor networks. In environmental monitoring applications such as
bush fire surveillance, water quality monitoring and precision
agriculture, the measurement data are meaningless without knowing the
location from where the data are obtained. Moreover, location estimation
may enable a myriad of applications such as inventory management,
intrusion detection, road traffic monitoring, health monitoring,
reconnaissance and surveillance.

This book intends to cover the fundamental theories, the state-of-the-art
research findings, and experimental studies and applications of WSN
localization techniques. We expect the book to serve as a valuable and
comprehensive reference for students, educators, researchers, and
engineers who work in this rapidly evolving field.

Recommended topics (not limited to)
•	Measurements techniques used in WSN localization
•	WSN localization algorithms
•	Fundamental theories in WSN localization
•	Graph theoretical analysis of characteristics of WSNs and application of
such analysis to WSN localization
•	Monitoring and surveillance techniques
•	Experimental studies
•	Applications of WSN localization techniques

Invitation
Prospective chapter authors are invited to submit, initially, a 1-2 page
single column, single space proposal describing the proposed chapter in MS
Word or RTF format. The proposal should include the title, the abstract,
the chapter organization, number of pages of the final manuscript intended
to be submitted and contact authors. Each chapter is planned to fit 15-25
letter-size pages (single column, single space, 12 pt font). However,
(only) fundamental chapter proposals of comprehensive review/survey style
will be allowed to be up to 40 pages. Chapter templates will be provided
once the proposals are submitted and acceptance decisions are made.

Important Dates
•	Submission of Chapter Proposals: September 15, 2007
•	Notification of Proposal Acceptance: October 15, 2007
•	Full Chapter Submission: March 15, 2008
•	Review Reports Due: May 15, 2008
•	Final Version Submission: July 15, 2008

Contact
==========================
Please make correspondence and proposal submissions to:

Dr Guoqiang Mao
School of Electrical and Information Engineering
The University of Sydney
NSW 2006, Australia
Email: [email-masked]

Dr Baris Fidan
National ICT Australia
Locked Bag 8001
Canberra ACT 2601, Australia
Email: [email-masked]

-- 
Mip4 mailing list: [email-masked]
    Web interface: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip4
     Charter page: http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/mip4-charter.html
Supplemental site: http://www.mip4.org/