Subject: [Mip4] 2nd CFP: Internet of Things 2008

From: Marc Langheinrich - IOT 2008 <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 16:10:17 +0200

dear colleagues,

the call below might be of interest to you. apologies if you
receive multiple copies. 

best regards,

-m

  -----------------------------------------------------------------

   ***************************************************************
   * Second Call for Papers - Submission Deadline: Sep. 15, 2007 *
   ***************************************************************
  
                       INTERNET OF THINGS 2008
  
         International Conference for Industry and Academia
               March 26-28, 2008, Zurich (Switzerland)
       Organized by ETH Zurich, University St.Gallen, and MIT
  
                   www.internet-of-things-2008.org
  
  The  term  "Internet  of Things" has come to describe a number of
  technologies and research disciplines that enable the Internet to
  reach  out  into  the  real world of physical objects. This fore-
  shadows  an  exciting future that closely interlinks the physical
  world  and cyberspace -- a development that is highly relevant to
  researchers, corporations, and individuals. 
  
  The  conference will be the first that brings leading researchers
  and  practitioners  from  both  academia and industry together to
  facilitate   sharing   of  applications,  research  results,  and
  knowledge.  A  world-class program committee comprised of leading
  researchers  in  key  areas  of the Internet of Things is looking
  forward to contributions addressing topics such as:

   * Novel services and applications in an Internet of Things (IOT)
   * Emerging IOT business models and process changes
   * Communication systems and network architectures for the IOT
   * Technologies and concepts for embedding sensing, actuation,
     communication, and computation into networked things
   * Experience reports from the introduction and operation of net-
     worked things in areas such as healthcare, logistics & transport
   * Security & privacy aspects of IOT infrastructures & applications

  Scientific  contributions  will be published in the Springer LNCS
  series.  We  are particularly interested in work addressing real-
  world  implementation  and  deployment issues. For submission in-
  structions and timelines see www.internet-of-things-2008.org/cfp/
  
      --------------------------------------------------------
      - Sep. 15, 2007  Technical papers submissions deadline -
      - Oct. 20, 2007  Workshop/tutorials/demo proposals due -
      --------------------------------------------------------

  General Chairs: Elgar Fleisch (ETH Zurich & University St.Gallen), 
  Friedemann Mattern (ETH Zurich) and Sanjay Sarma (MIT). For a full 
  list of conference committee members, see: www.iot2008.org

-- 
Questions? Contact us: <[email-masked]>

-- 
Mip4 mailing list: [email-masked]
    Web interface: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip4
     Charter page: http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/mip4-charter.html
Supplemental site: http://www.mip4.org/