Subject: [Mip4] ALGOSENSORS 2007 -- Call for Participation

From: Ioannis Chatzigiannakis <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 02:35:11 +0300 (EEST)

**************************************************************************

   Third International Workshop on
   Algorithmic Aspects of Wireless Sensor Networks

                      A L G O S E N S O R S   2 0 0 7

   July 14, 2006, Wroclaw, Poland
   To be held in conjunction with ICALP 2007.
   http://algosensors2007.im.pwr.wroc.pl

**************************************************************************

              C A L L    F O R    P A R T I C I P A T I O N

**************************************************************************

   SCOPE

   Wireless ad-hoc sensor networks have recently become a very active
   research subject due to their high potential of providing diverse
   services to numerous important applications, including remote
   monitoring and tracking in environmental applications and low
   maintenance ambient intelligence in everyday life. The effective and
   efficient realization of such large scale, complex ad-hoc networking
   environments requires intensive, coordinated technical research and
   development efforts, especially in power aware, scalable, robust
   wireless distributed protocols, due to the unusual application
   requirements and the severe resource constraints of the sensor devices.

   On the other hand, a solid foundational background seems necessary for
   sensor networks to achieve their full potential. It is a challenge for
   abstract modeling, algorithmic design and analysis to achieve provably
   efficient, scalable and fault-tolerant realizations of such huge,
   highly-dynamic, complex, non-conventional networks. Features including
   the extremely large number of sensor devices in the network, the
   severe power, computing and memory limitations, their dense, random
   deployment and frequent failures, pose new interesting abstract
   modeling, algorithmic design, analysis and implementation challenges
   of great practical impact.

   This Workshop aims to bring together research contributions related
   to diverse algorithmic and complexity theoretic aspects of wireless
   sensor networks. This is the third event in the series. ALGOSENSORS
   2004 was held in Turku, Finland, ALGOSENSORS 2006 was held in Venice,
   Italy. Since its beginning ALGOSENSORS is collocated with ICALP.

**************************************************************************

   KEYNOTE SPEACHES

   Sandor Fekete
   Topology and Routing in Sensor Networks (Keynote Speech)

   Joao Barros
   Codes for Sensors: An Algorithmic Perspective (Keynote Speech)

**************************************************************************

   ACCEPTED PAPERS

* Sotiris Nikoletseas, Paul G. Spirakis
Efficient Sensor Network Design for Continuous Monitoring of Moving 
Objects

* Beat Gfeller, Matus Mihalak, Subhash Suri, Elias Vicari, Peter 
Widmayer
Counting Targets with Mobile Sensors in an Unknown Environment

* F. Barsi, A.A. Bertossi, F. Betti Sorbelli, R. Ciotti, S. Olariu, M.C. 
Pinotti
Asynchronous Training in Wireless Sensor Networks

* Luzi Anderegg, Stephan Eidenbenz, Leon Peeters, Peter Widmayer
Optimal Placement of Ad-Hoc Devices under a VCG-style Routing Protocol

* Marcin Zawada
Analysis of the Bounded-Hops Converge-Cast Distributed Protocol in Ad-Hoc 
Networks

* Samar Agnihotri, Pavan Nuggehalli, and H.S. Jamadagni
Correlation, Coding, and Cooperation in Wireless Sensor Networks

* Patrik Floreen, Petteri Kaski, Topi Musto, Jukka Suomela
Local Approximation Algorithms for Scheduling Problems in Sensor Networks

* Amotz Bar-Noy, Theodore Brown, Matthew P. Johnson, Thomas La Porta, Ou 
Liu, Hosam Rowaihy
Assigning Sensors to Missions with Demands

* Anirvan DuttaGupta, Arijit Bishnu, Indranil Sengupta
Maximal Breach in Wireless Sensor Networks: Geometric Characterization and 
Algorithms

* Maciej Gebala, Marcin Kik
Counting-sort and Routing in a Single Hop Radio Network

* Ioannis Krontiris, Tassos Dimitriou, Thanassis Giannetsos, Marios 
Mpasoukos
Intrusion Detection of Sinkhole Attacks in Wireless Sensor Networks

**************************************************************************

   PROGRAM COMMITTEE CHAIR

     * Miroslaw Kutylowski, Wroclaw University of Technology, Poland

   STEERING COMMITTEE

     * Josep Diaz, Technical University of Catalonia, Spain
     * Jan van Leeuwen, Utrecht University, The Netherlands
     * Sotiris Nikoletseas (Chair), University of Patras and CTI,
       Greece
     * Jose Rolim, University of Geneva, Switzerland
     * Paul Spirakis, University of Patras and CTI, Greece

**************************************************************************

   PROCEEDINGS

   Accepted papers will be published in full text in a hardcopy
   Proceedings by the Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS) Series of
   Springer Verlag.

   We are going to have post-proceedings i.e. authors will have the
   opportunity to revise their papers in the light of the discussion at
   the event and then submit their camera ready files by the end of
   August.

   Pre-proceedings will be available during the workshop for the
   participants.

   TCS JOURNAL SPECIAL ISSUE

   Selected high quality papers will be considered for publication in
   a Special Issue on Algorithmic Aspects of Wireless Sensor Networks of
   the Theoretical Computer Science (TCS) Journal.

**************************************************************************

   SPONSORS

     * Polish Ministry Of Science and Higher Education
     * Wroclaw University of Technology

**************************************************************************

   CONTACT

     * web: http://algosensors.im.pwr.wroc.pl
     * email: [email-masked]
     * fax: +4871 320 2109

**************************************************************************

-- 
Mip4 mailing list: [email-masked]
    Web interface: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip4
     Charter page: http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/mip4-charter.html
Supplemental site: http://www.mip4.org/