Subject: [Mip4] CfP: AdHocNow 2008

From: Herve Rivano <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2007 17:20:16 +0100

(Please accept our apologies if you receive multiple copies of this
message.)
----------------------------------------------------------------------
|                                                                    |
|     7th International Conference on AD-HOC Networks & Wireless     |
|                          ( AdHocNow'08 )                           |
|                                                                    |
|                  Nice, France, September 10-12, 2008               |
|                                                                    |
|               http://www-sop.inria.fr/mascotte/adhocnow            |
|                                                                    |
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Ad-Hoc networks are wireless, self-organizing systems formed by
cooperating nodes within communication range of each other that form
temporary networks. Their topology is dynamic, decentralized, ever
changing and the nodes may move around arbitrarily. The last few years
have witnessed a wealth of research ideas on ad-hoc networking that
are moving rapidly into implemented standards. Following previous
Ad-Hoc Networks and Wireless conferences in Morelia, Mexico (2007),
Ottawa, Canada (2006), Cancun, Mexico (2005), Vancouver, Canada
(2004), Montreal, Canada (2003), and Toronto, Canada (2002), the 7th
International Conference on Ad-Hoc Networks and Wireless will take
place in Nice, France, from September 10-12, 2008.

Important Dates
---------------
Abstract Submissions Due:     March 10, 2008
Paper Submissions Due: 	      March 15, 2008
Notification of Acceptance:   May 20, 2008
Camera Ready Versions Due:    June 15, 2008
Author Registration Deadline: June 15, 2008
Early Registration Deadline:  August 1, 2008
Conference: 	              September 10-12, 2008
Workshops:                    September 13, 2008

Topics of Interest
------------------
We are interested in work in progress, experimental and theoretical
research in Wireless Sensor, Ad-Hoc, Mobile and Mesh Networks.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited, to research papers in
any of the following areas:

  * Access Control
  * Ad-Hoc Networks of Autonomous Intelligent Systems
  * Algorithmic Issues
  * Analytic Methods and Modeling for Performance Evaluation
  * Application for Ad-Hoc Networks
  * Architectures of Ad-Hoc Networks
  * Distributed Algorithms for Ad-Hoc Networks
  * Energy Efficiency
  * Geometric Graphs
  * Location Discovery and Management
  * Mobile Ad-Hoc Computing Platforms, Systems and Testbeds
  * Quality-of-Service
  * Routing Protocols (Unicast, Multicast, etc.)
  * Secure Services and Protocols
  * Sensor Networks
  * Self-Configuration
  * Service Discovery
  * Timing Synchronization
  * Wireless Internet
  * Wireless Mesh Networks

Invited Speakers
----------------
* Srdjan Krco, Univ. Novi Sad, Serbia & Ericsson, Ireland
* Xuemin (Sherman) Shen, University of Waterloo, Canada
* TBA

Proceedings
-----------
The conference proceedings will be published by Springer-Verlag as
Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS) (pending approval). Papers
should have a length of up to 14 pages following the Springer LNCS
format; for more information contact the Springer website at
http://www.springeronline.com/lncs/ .

Paper Submissions
-----------------
Papers should be submitted using EasyChair conference management
system http://www.easychair.org/ . We seek original contributions
which must not be submitted in parallel to any other conference.
Papers should be prepared according to the formatting instructions at
the LNCS website, which provides general formatting instructions and
templates/style files for many commonly used word processors (LaTeX,
Word, Framemaker, etc.). The manuscript should not exceed 14 LNCS
pages (including text, figures and references). Authors should submit
PDF version of their papers. Prepare your submission to include the
topic, three keywords and the name of a contact person with e-mail
address. All papers will be reviewed for technical merit. Accepted
papers will be published in the conference proceedings, provided at
least one author of the paper registers to present the paper at the
conference.

LNCS is published, in parallel to the printed books, in full-text
electronic form at http://www.springerlink.com . Authors of accepted
papers therefore need to submit all the electronic files, most
importantly the source files, of all parts of the manuscript as
advised in the instructions on the LNCS website. More instructions
will be sent to authors of accepted papers after the reviewing and
acceptance decisions are taken.

General chair
-------------
  * David Coudert, INRIA, Sophia Antipolis, France

Program co-chairs
-----------------
  * David Simplot-Ryl, INRIA, Lille, France
  * Ivan Stojmenovic, University of Birmingham, UK

Poster and demonstration Chairs
-------------------------------
  * Srdjan Krco, Ericsson, Ireland
  * Michel Syska, I3S(CNRS/UNSA), France

Publicity chair
---------------
  * Herve Rivano, CNRS, Nice, France

Submission chair
----------------
  * Xu Li, Carleton University, Ottawa, Canada

Webmaster
---------
  * Christelle Molle, DGA/CNRS, Sophia Antipolis, France

Local organizing committee
--------------------------
  * Cristiana Gomes, INRIA, Sophia Antipolis, France
  * Florian Huc, CNRS, Sophia Antipolis, France
  * Corinne Jullien, CNRS, Sophia Antipolis, France
  * Patricia Lachaume, INRIA, Sophia Antipolis, France
  * Ignasi Sau Valls, CNRS, Sophia Antipolis, France

Financial Chair
---------------
  * Corinne Jullien, CNRS, Sophia Antipolis, France

Program committee
-----------------
  * Eitan Altman, INRIA Sophia Antipolis, France
  * Nael Abu-Ghazaleh, SUNY, Binghamton, USA
  * Jiannong Cao, Hong Kong Polytechnic Univ., China
  * Edgar Chavez, Univ. Michoacana, Mexico
  * Costas Constantinou, Univ. Birmingham, UK
  * Mieso Denko, Univ. of Guelph, Canada
  * Mischa Dohler, Orange Labs, France
  * Eric Fleury, ENS Lyon, France
  * Hannes Frey, Univ. Southern Denmark
  * Holger Karl, Univ. Paderborn, Germany
  * Evangelos Kranakis, Carleton Univ., Canada
  * Danny Krizanc, Wesleyan Univ., USA
  * Thomas Kunz, Carleton Univ., Canada
  * Xiang-Yang Li, IIT, USA
  * Weifa Liang, The Australian National Univ., Australia
  * Hai Liu, Univ. Ottawa, Canada
  * Cecilia Mascolo, Univ. College of London
  * Lata Narayanan, Concordia Univ., Canada
  * Ioanis Nikolaidis, Univ. Alberta, Canada
  * Jaroslav Opatrny, Concordia Univ., Canada
  * Marina Papatriantafilou, Chalmers Univ., Sweden
  * Paolo Penna, Univ. Salerno, Italy
  * Pedro M. Ruiz, Univ. of Murcia, Spain
  * Chun Tung Chou, Univ. New South Wales, Australia
  * Qing-An Zeng, Univ. Cincinnati, USA

Steering Committee
------------------
  * Evangelos Kranakis, Carleton Univ., Canada
  * Michel Barbeau, Carleton Univ., Canada
  * S. S. Ravi, SUNY Albany, USA
  * Ioanis Nikolaidis, Univ. Alberta, Canada
  * Violet R. Syrotiuk, Arizona State Univ., USA
  * Thomas Kunz, Carleton Univ., Canada

Associated Workshops
--------------------
* 1st International Colloquium on Foundations of Mobile Systems
   Security and Reliability (MOSAR), September 13 2008.
   http://www2.lifl.fr/MOSAR2008/

* PhD Workshop on AdHOC and Wireless Networks (PhD-NOW),
   September 13 2008.

Colocated Events
----------------
The two conferences AdHoc-NOW 2008 and IEEE PIMRC 2008 give you an
opportunity to have a fruitful and exciting stay in French
Riviera. After the 7th International Conference on AD-HOC Networks &
Wireless (AdHoc-NOW 2008) in Nice (September 10-12, 2008), the 19th
annual IEEE International Symposium on Personal, Indoor and Mobile
Radio Communications (PIMRC 2008) will be held in Cannes (September
14-18, 2008).

  AdHoc-NOW  2008: http://www-sop.inria.fr/mascotte/adhocnow/
  IEEE PIMRC 2008: http://www.pimrc2008.org/

Do not forget to check hosted workshops on our website.

-- 
Hervé Rivano
AdHoc Now 2008 Publicity chair
http://www-sop.inria.fr/mascotte/adhocnow/

-- 
Mip4 mailing list: [email-masked]
    Web interface: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip4
     Charter page: http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/mip4-charter.html
Supplemental site: http://www.mip4.org/