Subject: [Mip4] CFP--VehiculAr Inter-NETworking (VANET) 2008

From: Ken Laberteaux <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2008 16:36:23 -0500

ANNOUNCEMENT  and CALL FOR PAPERS

ACM VANET 2008

Vehicle to Vehicle -- Vehicle to Roadside -- Vehicle to Internet

The Fifth ACM International Workshop on VehiculAr Inter-NETworking

In conjunction with ACM MobiCom 2008
Date: To be announced
San Francisco, California, USA

Sponsored by ACM SIGMOBILE

http://www.sigmobile.org/workshops/vanet2008/

Important Dates (tentative):
Paper Submission Deadline: April 6th
Notification of Acceptance: June 6th
Camera-Ready Deadline: June 27th

The goal of this workshop is to present and discuss recent advances in 
the development of vehicular inter-networking (VANET) technologies. 
Based on short- and medium-range communication as well as on cellular 
systems, vehicular inter-networking will enable vehicular safety 
applications (including collision and other safety warnings) as well as 
non-safety applications (like real-time traffic congestion and routing 
information, high-speed tolling, mobile infotainment, and many others).

The creation of high-performance, highly reliable, highly scalable, 
secure, and privacy-preserving VANET technologies presents an 
extraordinary challenge for the wireless research community. A high 
degree of communication reliability is needed under unfavorable 
conditions.  Clearly, the specificity of vehicular inter-networking in 
terms of mobility behavior, applications scenarios, and application 
requirements makes VANET research an exciting and demanding application- 
and purpose-driven sub-discipline of wireless networking.

Furthermore, VANET present a very active field of research, development, 
standardization, and field trials.  Throughout the world, there are many 
national and international projects in government, industry, and 
academia devoted to VANET.  These include consortia like Vehicle Safety 
Consortium (US), Car-2-Car Communication Consortium (Europe), and 
Advanced Safety Vehicle Program (Japan), standardization efforts like 
IEEE 802.11p (WAVE), and field trials like the large-scale Vehicle 
Infrastructure Integration Program (VII) in the US.

Following the successes of VANET 2004 held in Philadelphia, VANET 2005 
held in Cologne, Germany, VANET 2006 in Los Angeles, CA, and VANET 2007 
in Montréal, QC, Canada, the Fifth ACM International Workshop on 
Vehicular Inter-Networking (VANET) will be held in San Francisco, CA in 
conjunction with MobiCom 2008.

Authors are invited to submit papers presenting new research related to 
the theory or practice of vehicular inter-networking (VANET).  All 
submissions must describe original research, not published or currently 
under review for another workshop, conference, or journal.

Areas of interest include, but are not limited to:

- Channel modeling
- Modulation and coding
- Power control and scalability issues
- Medium access control protocols
- Multi-channel organization and operation
- Communication protocol design
- Safety and non-safety applications
- Vehicle-to-vehicle/roadside/Internet communication
- Simulation frameworks
- Field operational testing
- Network management
- Security issues and countermeasures
- Privacy issues

Submission Instructions

All paper submissions will be handled electronically.  Papers must be in 
PDF format, no longer than 10 pages (single- or double-column), in font 
no smaller than 11 points, and must fit properly on US Letter-sized 
paper (8.5 inch x 11 inch) with reasonable margins. Submitted papers 
will be judged based on their quality through a double-blind review 
process, where the identities of the authors are withheld from the 
reviewers.  Detailed instructions for paper submission will be posted on 
the VANET 2008 web page at:
http://www.sigmobile.org/workshops/vanet2008/.

Organizing Committee:

General Co-Chairs:
Varsha Sadekar, General Motors
Paolo Santi, Italian Natl. Research Council

Technical Program Co-Chairs:
Yih-Chun Hu, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Martin Mauve, Heinrich-Heine University in Düsseldorf

Technical Program Committee:
Fan Bai , General Motors
Levente Buttyan  Budapest University of Technology and Economics
Eylem Ekici, Ohio State University
Andreas Festag, NEC Europe Ltd
Hannes Hartenstein, University of Karlsruhe
Jean-Pierre Hubaux, EPFL
Markus Jakobsson , Indiana University
Daniel Jiang, Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America, Inc.
Frank Kargl, Ulm University
Timo Kosch , BMW
Ken Laberteaux, Toyota Research
Christof Paar, Ruhr-University Bochum
Panagiotis (Panos) Papadimitratos, EPFL
Maxim Raya, EPFL
Björn Scheuermann, Heinrich Heine University Düsseldorf
Rajeev Shorey, General Motors Research
Daniel Stancil, Carnegie Mellon University
Pravin Varaiya, University of California at Berkeley
Michele Weigle, Old Dominion University
Andre Weimerskirch, escrypt GmbH

Web and Publicity Chair:
Ken Laberteaux, Toyota Technical Center

-- 
Mip4 mailing list: [email-masked]
    Web interface: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip4
     Charter page: http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/mip4-charter.html
Supplemental site: http://www.mip4.org/