Subject: [Mip4] CFP: The IEEE International Conference on Pervasive Services (ICPS'08) - MANUSCRIPT DEADLINE: February 1, 2008

From: "Dario Pompili" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2008 16:00:42 -0500

[We apologize in advance if you receive multiple copies of this CFP]

                                                ____________________________

                                  		The IEEE International
Conference

                                          on Pervasive Services (ICPS’08)

                                          July 6-10, 2008, Sorrento, Italy

http://www.icpsconference.org

                                                ____________________________

The International Conference on Pervasive Services is a forum for the
presentation and discussion of approaches, research findings, applications
and experiences in the area of pervasive computing. The ultimate goal is to
envision new trends and ideas about practical aspects of designing,
implementing, and evaluating next paradigms/systems for all aspects of
pervasive computing including distributed and mobile computing, where
services built out of pervasive infrastructure and information, and are
seamlessly available anywhere, anytime, and in any format. The conference
technical program will consist of high-quality papers that are selected by
the program committee for presentation and publication. 

Topics of interest include but are not limited to:

***************************************************

•           Applications of and experiences with pervasive services

•           Pervasive and autonomous computing and architectures

•           Mobile and/or wearable computing

•           Smart devices and wireless networks

•           Wireless & sensor networks

•           Middleware support for pervasive and mobile computing

•           Pervasive computing and management

•           User interfaces and interaction model

•           Positioning and tracking technologies

•           Programmable and active networks

•           Service dissemination and discovery protocols

•           Environments & algorithms for pervasive application development

•           Runtime support for next generation of pervasive services

•           Security services for applications in pervasive environments

•           Programming paradigms for pervasive computing applications

•           Pervasive computing applications requirements

•           Performance measurement and Benchmarking

•           Next generation services

Demo/Exhibit Session

************************

ICPS'08 will feature a demo and exhibit session consisting of prototypes and
technology artifacts such as demonstrating pervasive services and
applications. A separate call for demonstrations and exhibits will be
issued. Entries will be judged by a separate subcommittee led by the
demo/exhibit chair. Please see the conference web site for more information.

Workshops & Tutorials

*************************

ICPS'08 will feature workshops and tutorials on topics related to pervasive
services. The objectives of the workshops are to complement the main program
and to extend the scope of the conference. Proposals for half-day and full
day workshops and tutorials are solicited. Entries will be judged by a
separate subcommittee, headed by the workshop and tutorial chairs
respectively.

Paper/Poster Submissions and Publication

**********************************************

Full papers (a maximum of 10 pages in length) and posters (2 pages) are
invited on a wide variety of topics relating to pervasive computing as
indicated above. All manuscripts will be reviewed and judged on merits
including correctness, originality, technical strength, quality of
presentation, and relevance to the conference themes. Submitted papers must
include original work, and may not be under consideration for another
conference or journal. They should also not be under review or be submitted
to another forum during the ICPS'08 review process. Posters are not subject
to any of these restrictions. Authors should submit full papers or posters
electronically (PDF or postscript) via the ICPS'08 conference web site at
http://www.icpsconference.org, and should follow IEEE CS format - style
files can be found at
ftp://pubftp.computer.org/Press/Outgoing/proceedings/.Submission implies the
willingness of at least one of the authors to register and present the
paper. Accepted papers and posters will appear in proceedings, which will be
distributed at the conference.

*****************************************************************

                                    IMPORTANT DEADLINES

                        Manuscripts due:            February 1, 2008

                Workshops proposal due:       January 11, 2008

                        Tutorial proposals due:     March 28, 2008

                Acceptance notification:            March 28, 2008

                Camera ready copies due:          April 18, 2008

*****************************************************************

Paper submissions will be handled via the conference web site.

General Chairs

*****************

Manish Parashar, Rutgers University, NJ, USA

Mario Lauria, TIGEM, Naples, Italy

Program Chairs 

*****************

Julie A. McCann, Imperial College, London, UK

Domenico Cotroneo, University of Naples “Federico II”, Italy

Program Committee

**********************

Alex Delis, University of Athens, Greece

Ali Akoglu, University of Arizona, USA

Antonio Liotta, University of Essex, UK

Arkady Zaslavsky, Monash University, Australia

Selim Balcisoy, Sabanci University, Turkey

Cristian Borcea, New Jersey Institute of Technology, USA

Christos Douligeris, University of Piraeus, Greece

Claudia Roncancio, IMAG, France

Eylem Ekici, Ohio State University, USA

Gunter Haring, University of Vienna, Austria

Simon Dobson, UCD, Dublin

Hongbing Wang, Southeast University, China

Jaafar Gaber, UTBM, France

Helen Karatza, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece

Karin Hummel, University of Vienna, Austria

Laurence Yang, St Francis Xavier University, Canada

Marian Scuturici, LIRIS, INSA de Lyon, France

Martin Olivier, University of Pretoria, South Africa

Paul Roe, Queensland University of Technology, Australia

Sara Tucci Piergiovanni, Univ. of Rome “La Sapienza”, Italy

Sylvain Lecomte, University of Valenciennes, France

Eymann Torsten, Universitat Bayreuth, Germany

Cristiano Di Flora, Tampere Nokia Research Center, Finland

Salvatore Orlando, University of Naples “Federico II”, Italy

Sotirios Terzis, University of Strathclyde, Ireland

Paolo Bellavista, University di Bologna, Italy

Tatsuo Nakajima,Waseda University, Japan

Soren Christensen, University of Aarhus, Denmark

Oriana Riva, University of Helsinki, Finland

Fillia Makedon, University of Texas at Arlington, USA

Kasper Hallenborg, University of Southern Denmark, Denmark

Rajeev Muralidhar, Intel India, India

Frederic Le Mouél, CITI Lab. / INRIA ARES Team , France 

Publicity Chairs

*****************

Richard Anthony, University of Greenwick, UK

Dario Pompili, Rutgers University, USA

Ichiro Satoh, Nat. Inst. of Informatics, Tokyo, Japan

Publication/Financial Chair

*****************************

Kelly Sutton, University of Arizona

Workshop/Tutorials Chair

****************************

Marcello Cinque, University of Naples “Federico II”, Italy

Local Arrangement Chairs

Gabriella Carrozza, Catello Di Martino, Roberto Pietrantuono, University of
Naples “Federico II”, Italy   

Steering Committee

**********************

Salim Hariri, Univ. of Arizona, USA

Mazin Yousif, Intel Corporation, USA

Laurent Lefevre, INRIA, France

Jean-Marc Pierson, IRIT, Toulouse, France

Manish Parashar, Rutgers University, USA

Aris M. Ouksel, University of Illinois at Chicago, USA

For further information contact:    

Julie McAnn <[email-masked]>

Domenico Controneo <[email-masked]>

------------------------------------------------------------------
Dario Pompili, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor
Department of Electrical & Computer Engineering
CoRE Building - Room 615
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
96 Frelinghuysen Road, Piscataway, NJ 08854
Phone: (732) 445-6400 ext. 202
Fax: (732) 445-0593
Email1: [email-masked]
Email2: [email-masked]
WWW: http://www.ece.rutgers.edu/~pompili
-------------------------------------------------------------------

-- 
Mip4 mailing list: [email-masked]
    Web interface: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip4
     Charter page: http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/mip4-charter.html
Supplemental site: http://www.mip4.org/