Subject: [Mip4] EWSN 2009 Call for Papers

From: Jorge Sá Silva <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 14:34:42 +0100

============================================================================

EWSN 2009 Call for Papers 

The 6th European Conference on Wireless Sensor Networks 

February 11th-13th, Cork, Ireland

http://www.ewsn.org/

============================================================================

EWSN is acknowledged as one of the most competitive and well-established

international conferences in the area of wireless sensor networks (WSNs). 

It attracts papers of the highest quality from researchers around the globe,

emphasising work that involves inter-disciplinary collaboration. EWSN is 

consistently well-attended, with delegates that reflect a healthy mix of 

university academics and industry representatives, that are drawn from all 

the major centres of WSN research activity and that span all the main 

continents. The goalof this conference is to create a forum where
researchers 

with different experiences and backgrounds, from hardware to applications, 

can discuss cross-layer integration, novel solutions for specific problems 

and envisage the future development of WSN functionalities. Submissions 

describing original, previously unpublished research results, are sought. 

Areas of interest include, but are not limited to:

* WSN Hardware: transceiver concepts, antenna design, system integration and

manufacturing, battery technology and energy harvesting;

* Communication Protocols: MAC and link layer issues, radio resource 

assignment, routing and transport protocols, topology control protocols, 

gateways to Internet and other networks, 6LoWPAN;

* Algorithms and Protocols: localization techniques and protocols, 

performance control, time synchronization and related protocols, object 

tracking;

* Operating Systems and Programming Abstractions: concepts and tools for

programming and debugging sensor networks, high-level programming 

abstractions;

* Middleware and Service Infrastructures: (dynamic) configuration and 

installation support, network management, group communication, QoS support, 

integrating WSNs in existing middleware architectures;

* Information Processing: storage, querying, compression, fusion, 

aggregation, cooperative algorithms, event detection;

* Practical Models and Algorithms: resource consumption, network
performance, 

network planning, provisioning, calibration and deployment, mobility models;

* Security and Resilience: primitives for appropriate cryptographic
protocols, 

secure system engineering, failure resilience and fault isolation,
robustness 

at all levels: communication, software, hardware;

* Novel Applications: application requirements, experiences with real-world 

applications, management of (large-scale) sensor networks;

* Prototypes, Field Studies, and Testbeds: novel sensor node prototypes,

measurements within testbeds, debugging and testing, experimental 

validation/refutation of simulation results.

Chairs 

Utz Roedig, Lancaster University, UK 

Cormac Sreenan, University College Cork, Ireland

Important Dates, Full Papers

Submission: Sept 17th 2008 

Notification: Nov 10th 2008

Camera-ready: Nov 24th 2008

Important Dates, Posters and Demos

Submission: Dec 1st 2008 

Notification: Dec 15th 2008 

Camera-ready: Jan 9th 2009

Full Papers (no more than 16 pages): This highly selective conference will
only 

accept for review original papers that have not been previously published
and 

are not currently under review by any other conference or journal. We will
adopt 

a double-blind review process, where authors' names and their affiliations
must 

not be revealed or mentioned anywhere in the paper. All submissions will be
handled 

electronically via EDAS. Submissions must be in Adobe PDF format and not
exceed 16 

pages, including text, figures and references. We require that submissions
conform 

to the Springer-Verlag LNCS style.

Posters and Demos (no more than 2 pages): The poster session will provide a
forum 

for researchers to showcase their work and obtain feedback on ongoing
research from 

knowledgeable conference attendees. A poster presentation can also be
accompanied by 

a demonstration to illustrate an application, technology, or platform.

Submission guidelines and further information is available at
http://www.ewsn.org

The organizers can be contacted at [email-masked]

No virus found in this outgoing message.
Checked by AVG. 
Version: 7.5.524 / Virus Database: 269.23.16/1427 - Release Date: 11-05-2008
13:08
 
-- 
Mip4 mailing list: [email-masked]
    Web interface: https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip4
     Charter page: http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/mip4-charter.html
Supplemental site: http://www.mip4.org/