Subject: [Mip4] FW: I-D Action:draft-chakrabarti-mip4-mcbc-04.txt

From: "Ahmad Muhanna" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2009 17:38:49 -0500

Hello Folks,

We updated the IPv4 Mobility Extension for Multicast and Broadcast
packets. 
In brief, the recommended proposal would fundamentally resolve the issue
of communicating Multicast and Broadcast packets in the case of FA-CoA
by eliminating the encapsulation overhead on unicast traffic and
optionally restrict that on the MCBC ones.

Please take a look and we appreciate your comments.

Regards,
Ahmad

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
[email-masked]
Sent: Wednesday, July 08, 2009 3:30 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D Action:draft-chakrabarti-mip4-mcbc-04.txt 

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

	Title           : IPv4 Mobility Extension for Multicast and
Broadcast Packets
	Author(s)       : A. Muhanna, et al.
	Filename        : draft-chakrabarti-mip4-mcbc-04.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2009-07-08

This specification defines a new Mobile IPv4 extension which is used to
negotiate the Multicast-Broadcast Encapsulation Delivery style in the
case of Mobile IPv4 Foreign Agent Care-of Address mode registration.
This mechanism allows the mobile node to negotiate which type of traffic
to be delivered encapsulated to the foreign agent while delivering other
types of IP packets using direct delivery style.  In particular, this
mechanism gives the flexibility to eliminate tunnel overhead in the
(typically) wireless medium between the mobile node and the foreign
agent.  In addition to the reduced overhead, the new mechanism makes
many multicast and broadcast services available to the mobile node in a
much more deterministic and efficient way.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-chakrabarti-mip4-mcbc-04.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.