Subject: [Mip4] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-mip4-rfc3344bis-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2009 14:15:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Mobility for IPv4 Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: IP Mobility Support for IPv4, revised
	Author(s)	: C. Perkins
	Filename	: draft-ietf-mip4-rfc3344bis-08.txt
	Pages		: 108
	Date		: 2009-10-7
	
This document specifies protocol enhancements that allow transparent
   routing of IP datagrams to mobile nodes in the Internet.  Each mobile
   node is always identified by its home address, regardless of its
   current point of attachment to the Internet.  While situated away
   from its home, a mobile node is also associated with a care-of
   address, which provides information about its current point of
   attachment to the Internet.  The protocol provides for registering
   the care-of address with a home agent.  The home agent sends
   datagrams destined for the mobile node through a tunnel to the
   care-of address.  After arriving at the end of the tunnel, each
   datagram is then delivered to the mobile node.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mip4-rfc3344bis-08.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: Alexandru Petrescu <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Oct 2009 23:29:25 +0200

Charles,

Do you think it could make sense to cite rfc5177 "Network Mobility
(NEMO) Extensions for Mobile IPv4" in this 3344bis Mobile IPv4 draft?

I am asking because (contrary to the Mobile IPv6 situation) the
rfc3344bis draft makes explicit textual statements about "Mobile
Router", which is a central entity of rfc5177.

Alex

[email-masked] a écrit :
> directories. This draft is a work item of the Mobility for IPv4
> Working Group of the IETF.
> 
> Title		: IP Mobility Support for IPv4, revised Author(s)	: C. Perkins
>  Filename	: draft-ietf-mip4-rfc3344bis-08.txt Pages		: 108 Date		:
> 2009-10-7  This document specifies protocol enhancements that allow
> transparent routing of IP datagrams to mobile nodes in the Internet.
> Each mobile node is always identified by its home address, regardless
> of its current point of attachment to the Internet.  While situated
> away from its home, a mobile node is also associated with a care-of 
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________ I-D-Announce mailing
> list [email-masked] 
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce Internet-Draft
> directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html or
> ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

---

From: "Charles E. Perkins" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Oct 2009 14:45:25 -0700

Hello Alex,

Yes, I think it would be a better fit.
Do other people have opinions about this?

Regards,
Charlie P.

---

From: "Kent Leung (kleung)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2009 14:49:14 -0700

I agree with Alex.

Kent

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Charles E. Perkins
Sent: Thursday, October 08, 2009 2:45 PM
To: Alexandru Petrescu
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Mip4] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-mip4-rfc3344bis-08.txt

Hello Alex,

Regards,
Charlie P.

--
Mip4 mailing list: [email-masked]
    Web interface: https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip4
     Charter page: http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/mip4-charter.html
Supplemental site: http://www.mip4.org/