Subject: [Mip4] New version, draft-ietf-mip4-nemo-haaro-01

From: Antti Mäkelä <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 12:19:40 +0300 (EEST)

Hi,

   I just uploaded new version of Haaro. Changes include NAT handling 
(multi-interface situations), adjustments to keepalive, more details on 
concurrent moving handling, some changes in protocol fields to reduce 
state information and allow for more conditions.

   Most of these improvements have been taken due to simulation work 
conducted using ns-3 network simulator where we have implemented the core 
functionalities of the protocol, which revealed some issues. In addition, 
I received some (mostly editorial) comments.

   On a related note, a full implementation is in the works, based on 
heavily refactored Dynamics MIP (http://dynamics.sourceforge.net/), and 
will eventually be released under GPL. The code will be prototyping-grade, 
but hopefully fully functional, and allows for testing the functionality 
in real networks.

   See you all in Maastricht.

--
- Antti Mäkelä | Researcher -
- Department of communications and networking -
- Aalto University -

---

From: Alexandru Petrescu <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2010 09:43:33 +0200

As a side note, I noticed since some months now that the Dynamics MIP4 
implementation can't be downloaded (clicking "Dynamics version 0.8.1 
(stable) released"
http://dynamics.sourceforge.net/?page=software#download
) gives nothing.

I am wondering whether this software is maintained any longer.

Alex

Le 12/07/2010 11:19, Antti Mäkelä a écrit :
> conducted using ns-3 network simulator where we have implemented the
> core functionalities of the protocol, which revealed some issues. In
> addition, I received some (mostly editorial) comments.
>
> will eventually be released under GPL. The code will be
> prototyping-grade, but hopefully fully functional, and allows for
> testing the functionality in real networks.
>
> Mip4 mailing list: [email-masked]
> Web interface: https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip4
> Charter page: http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/mip4-charter.html
> Supplemental site: http://www.mip4.org/
>

---

From: Antti Mäkelä <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2010 11:19:13 +0300 (EEST)

You can download all the stuff from

http://sourceforge.net/projects/dynamics/files/

   Anyway, yes, it's a dead project, but the (open) code is reasonably well 
documented to serve as a starting point. There doesn't seem to be too many 
other contenders...

On Wed, 21 Jul 2010, Alexandru Petrescu wrote:

> implementation can't be downloaded (clicking "Dynamics version 0.8.1 (stable) 
> released"