Subject: [Mip4] MCoA draft and "bi-dimensional" multiple CoAs

From: Alexandru Petrescu <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2010 11:59:42 +0200

I had a comment today on the microphone about the MCoA draft.  This
email only about that MCoA aspect of the draft.

(In the attached figure I am not sure about TUN0 being IP-in-IP or
not, I must check when back home).

If the MEXT MCoA is HoA-CoA1-CoA2 encodings then I need
"bi-dimensional" encodings HoA-CoA1(G1-R1)-CoA2(G2-R2).
The addresses G1, R1, G2 and R2 are needed to setup tunnels in the
Mobile Router.  They should be in conformance with the tunnel end
points set on the Home Agent, thus they have to be communicated
dynamically between the two.  We currently do this
manually which is a pain each time we set up the tunnels.

I attach a diagram picture showing the address architecture in the
Mobile Router.

We are forced to use GRE tunnels because only them support this
assignment of same local address on two interfaces (IP-in-IP tunnels
don't),
I guess its thanks to that GRE Key.  Actually we don't put anything in
that local field of GRE tunnels.

This is also double encapsulation (IP in IP in GRE)...

That's the only way we could have figured it out.  Other suggestions
to implement it welcome.

Otherwise we need this bidimensional mcoa, if I can say so.

We may need more in this draft, thanks.

Alex