Subject: [Mip4] draft-ietf-mip4-gre-key-extension-01

From: "Kent Leung (kleung)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 01:44:40 -0700

FYI

-----Original Message-----
From: IETF I-D Submission Tool [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Monday, July 26, 2010 1:39 AM
To: Kent Leung (kleung)
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]; Kuntal Chowdhury (kchowdhu); [email-masked]
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-ietf-mip4-gre-key-extension-01 

A new version of I-D, draft-ietf-mip4-gre-key-extension-01.txt has been successfully submitted by Kent Leung and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-ietf-mip4-gre-key-extension
Revision:	 01
Title:		 GRE Key Extension for Mobile IPv4
Creation_date:	 2010-07-26
WG ID:		 mip4
Number_of_pages: 9

Abstract:
The GRE specification contains a Key field, which MAY contain a value
that is used to identify a particular GRE data stream.  This
specification defines a new Mobile IP extension that is used to
exchange the value to be used in the GRE Key field.  This extension
further allows the Mobility Agents to set up the necessary protocol
interfaces prior to receiving the mobile's traffic.  The new
extension allows a foreign agent to request GRE tunneling without
disturbing the Home Agent behavior specified for Mobile IPv4.  GRE
tunneling with the Key field allows the operators to have home
networks that consist of multiple Virtual Private Networks (VPNs),
which may have overlapping home addresses.  When the tuple < Care of
Address, Home Address and Home Agent Address > is the same across
multiple subscriber sessions, GRE tunneling will provide a means for
the FA and HA to identify data streams for the individual sessions
based on the GRE key.  In the absence of this key identifier, the
data streams cannot be distinguished from each other, a significant
drawback when using IP-in-IP tunneling.

The IETF Secretariat.