Subject: [Mip4] Request to Publish draft-ietf-mip4-nemov4-dynamic-05

From: Pete McCann <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2011 10:33:08 -0500

Dear iesg-secretary (BCC'd):

This is a request for the IESG to consider publication of
draft-ietf-mip4-nemov4-dynamic-05 as a Proposed Standard.
Answers to the questionnaire are below.

>  (1.a) Who is the Document Shepherd for this document? Has the
>        Document Shepherd personally reviewed this version of the
>        document and, in particular, does he or she believe this
>        version is ready for forwarding to the IESG for publication?

The document shepherd is Pete McCann.  Yes, I have reviewed
this version of the document and I believe it is ready for publication.

>  (1.b) Has the document had adequate review both from key WG members
>        and from key non-WG members? Does the Document Shepherd have
>        any concerns about the depth or breadth of the reviews that
>        have been performed?

Yes, and no.

>  (1.c) Does the Document Shepherd have concerns that the document
>        needs more review from a particular or broader perspective,
>        e.g., security, operational complexity, someone familiar with
>        AAA, internationalization or XML?

No.

>  (1.d) Does the Document Shepherd have any specific concerns or
>        issues with this document that the Responsible Area Director
>        and/or the IESG should be aware of? For example, perhaps he
>        or she is uncomfortable with certain parts of the document, or
>        has concerns whether there really is a need for it. In any
>        event, if the WG has discussed those issues and has indicated
>        that it still wishes to advance the document, detail those
>        concerns here. Has an IPR disclosure related to this document
>        been filed? If so, please include a reference to the
>        disclosure and summarize the WG discussion and conclusion on
>        this issue.

No concerns.  Two IPR disclosures have been filed with respect to
this document.  Discussion regarding the IPR was held on the list and
there were no objections to publishing the document as-is.

>  (1.e) How solid is the WG consensus behind this document? Does it
>        represent the strong concurrence of a few individuals, with
>        others being silent, or does the WG as a whole understand and
>        agree with it?

Consensus is solid.

>  (1.f) Has anyone threatened an appeal or otherwise indicated extreme
>        discontent? If so, please summarise the areas of conflict in
>        separate email messages to the Responsible Area Director. (It
>        should be in a separate email because this questionnaire is
>        entered into the ID Tracker.)

No.

>  (1.g) Has the Document Shepherd personally verified that the
>        document satisfies all ID nits? (See the Internet-Drafts Checklist
>        and http://tools.ietf.org/tools/idnits/). Boilerplate checks are
>        not enough; this check needs to be thorough. Has the document
>        met all formal review criteria it needs to, such as the MIB
>        Doctor, media type and URI type reviews?

No nits found.

>  (1.h) Has the document split its references into normative and
>        informative? Are there normative references to documents that
>        are not ready for advancement or are otherwise in an unclear
>        state? If such normative references exist, what is the
>        strategy for their completion? Are there normative references
>        that are downward references, as described in [RFC3967]? If
>        so, list these downward references to support the Area
>        Director in the Last Call procedure for them [RFC3967].

The document contains only normative references, contained in a
properly labeled "Normative References" section.  No downward
refs are present.

>  (1.i) Has the Document Shepherd verified that the document IANA
>        consideration section exists and is consistent with the body
>        of the document? If the document specifies protocol
>        extensions, are reservations requested in appropriate IANA
>        registries? Are the IANA registries clearly identified? If
>        the document creates a new registry, does it define the
>        proposed initial contents of the registry and an allocation
>        procedure for future registrations? Does it suggest a
>        reasonable name for the new registry? See [RFC5226]. If the
>        document describes an Expert Review process has Shepherd
>        conferred with the Responsible Area Director so that the IESG
>        can appoint the needed Expert during the IESG Evaluation?

The document has a properly labeled IANA considerations section
which requests no actions from IANA.

>  (1.j) Has the Document Shepherd verified that sections of the
>        document that are written in a formal language, such as XML
>        code, BNF rules, MIB definitions, etc., validate correctly in
>        an automated checker?

No such formal languages are used in the document.

>  (1.k) The IESG approval announcement includes a Document
>        Announcement Write-Up. Please provide such a Document
>        Announcement Write-Up? Recent examples can be found in the
>        "Action" announcements for approved documents. The approval
>        announcement contains the following sections:
>
>     Technical Summary

The NEMOv4 specification allows a Mobile Router to register a whole
network prefix.  In the base specification, the Mobile Router must be
pre-configured with a home prefix which is sent in the NEMO Registration
Request.  In this document, the possibility of allocating a prefix from
the home network dynamically is allowed.  The use of an all-zeroes
value in the home prefix extension is proposed to indicate a request
for dynamic assignment.

>     Working Group Summary

This short and simple draft encountered very little controversy in
the working group.

>     Document Quality

The document is simple and the protocol well-specified.