Subject: [Mip4] [IEEE PerCom 2012] Preliminary Call for Participation

From: Chiara Boldrini<[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2012 12:00:01 +0100

PRELIMINARY CALL FOR PARTICIPATION

=========================================================================
Tenth IEEE International Conference on Pervasive Computing and Communications

                               PerCom 2012
                          http://www.percom.org
                           Lugano, Switzerland
                           March 19 - 23, 2012

                              Sponsored by:
 IEEE Computer Society, The University of Texas at Arlington, Lugano City

  Technically co-sponsored by: IEEE TCCC, IEEE TCPP Other Sponsors: The
Pervasive and Mobile Computing Journal (ELSEVIER), National Science Foundation
 ========================================================================

          *** Early Registration Deadline: February 27, 2012 ***

Main Features:
*** Two keynote speeches - see http://www.percom.org/?q=keynote
*** 16 Full Papers and 12 Concise Contributions - see below
*** Panel on "Pervasive Computing: Is the Devil in the Details?"
*** Best Papers Session   
*** Work-in-Progress Session - see http://www.percom.org/?q=wip
*** Demonstration Session - see http://www.percom.org/?q=cfdemo
*** PhD Forum - see http://www.percom.org/?q=phdforum
*** 14 Workshops - see http://www.percom.org/?q=listofworkshops

  =====================================================================
                       Preliminary Program Outline
  =====================================================================

March 19: Pre-conference Workshops
March 20-22: Main Conference
March 20-21: Keynotes 
March 20: Demo and WiP sessions
March 20: Welcome Reception 
March 21: Best Papers Session, PhD Forum
March 21: Conference Banquet
March 22: Panel
March 23: Post Conference Workshops

  =====================================================================
                             Keynote Speakers   
  =====================================================================

 Prof. Andy Hopper, The Computer Laboratory - University of Cambridge, UK
                 "Computing for the Future of the Planet"

Prof. Paul Lukowicz,  Embedded Intelligence Lab, DFKI Kaiserslautern, Germany
 "Context to the People: What will it take to make  activity recognition 
		Systems suitable for consumer applications"

  =====================================================================
              		     Panel
  =====================================================================

                               Panel topic: 
           "Pervasive Computing: Is the Devil in the Details?"
                               Panel Chair: 
           Anita La Salle, National Science Foundation, USA

  =====================================================================
                                 Program    
  =====================================================================

                               FULL PAPERS

* "Formal Specification and Runtime Detection of Temporal Properties for
Asynchronous Context" Hengfeng Wei (Nanjing University, P.R. China); Yu
Huang(Nanjing University, P.R. China); Jiannong Cao (Hong Kong Polytechnic
Univ, Hong Kong); Xiaoxing Ma (Nanjing University, P.R. China); Jian
Lu (Nanjing University, P.R. China)
* "IncogniSense: An Anonymity-preserving Reputation Framework for
Participatory Sensing Applications", Delphine Christin (Technische
Universitat Darmstadt, Germany); Christian Rosskopf (Technische Universitat
Darmstadt, Germany); Matthias Hollick (Technische Universitat Darmstadt,
Germany); Leonardo Martucci (TU Darmstadt, Germany); Salil
Kanhere (University of New South Wales, Australia)
* "Smartphone-based Wi-Fi Pedestrian-Tracking System Tolerating the RSS
Variance Problem",Yungeun Kim (Yonsei University, Korea); Hyojeong
Shin (Yonsei University, Korea); Hojung Cha (Yonsei University, S. Korea,
Korea)
* "What Model-Driven Data Acquisition Really Achieves in WSNs: A Real World
Experience", Usman Raza (University of Trento, Italy); Alessandro
Camerra (University of Trento, Italy); Amy L Murphy (Fondazione Bruno Kessler
- IRST, Italy); Themis Palpanas (University of Trento, Italy); Gian Pietro
Picco (University of Trento, Italy)
* "NaviComf: Navigate Pedestrians for Comfort Using Multi-modal Environmental
Sensors", Congwei Dang (The University of Tokyo, Japan); Masayuki Iwai (the
University of Tokyo, Japan); Kazunori Umeda(Chuo University, Japan); Yoshito
Tobe (Tokyo Denki University, Japan); Kaoru Sezaki (University of Tokyo,
Japan)
* "Enhancing Privacy in Participatory Sensing Applications with
Multidimensional Data",  Michael M Groat (University of New Mexico,
USA); Benjamin Edwards (University of New Mexico, USA); James Horey (Oak
Ridge National Laboratory, USA); Wenbo He (University of Nebraska-Lincoln,
USA); Stephanie Forrest (University of New Mexico, USA)
* "FTrack: Infrastructure-free Floor Localization via Mobile Phone Sensing",
Haibo Ye (Nanjing University, P.R. China); Tao Gu (University of Southern
Denmark, Denmark); Xiaorui Zhu (Nanjing University, P.R. China); Jingwei
Xu (Nanjing, P.R. China); Xianping Tao (Nanjing University, P.R.
China); Jian Lu (Nanjing University, P.R. China); Ning Jin (University of
Southern Denmark, Denmark)
* "Optimal Tag Placement for Indoor Localization", Stephan J
Wagner (University of Duisburg-Essen, Germany);Marcus Handte (University of
Duisburg-Essen, Germany); Marco Antonio Zuniga (University Of Duisburg-Essen,
Germany); Pedro Jose Marron (University of Duisburg-Essen and Fraunhofer
FKIE, Germany)
* "Ad-hoc Symbiotic Interactive Displays through DLNA", Jannick Bitsch (Aarhus
University, Denmark); Niels Olof Bouvin (Aarhus University, Denmark)
* "SmartCap: Flattening Peak Electricity Demand in Smart Homes", Sean K
Barker (University of Massachusetts Amherst, USA); Aditya Kr
Mishra (University of Massachusetts Amherst, USA); David Irwin (University
of Massachusetts, Amherst, USA); Prashant Shenoy (University of
Massachusetts, Amherst, USA); Jeannie R Albrecht(Williams College, USA)
* "Investigation of indoor localization with ambient FM radio stations",
Andrei Popleteev (Create-Net, Italy); Venet Osmani (Create-Net,
Italy); Oscar Mayora (CreateNet, Italy)
* "PShare: Position Sharing for Location Privacy based on Multi-Secret
Sharing", Marius Wernke (University of Stuttgart IPVS, Germany);Frank
Durr (University of Stuttgart, Germany); Kurt Rothermel (University of
Stuttgart, Germany)
* "Integrated Analysis of Pervasive Health Monitoring Systems under Dynamic
Context Changes", Ayan Banerjee (Arizona State University, USA); Sandeep
Gupta (Arizona State University, USA)
* "Bridging Vision and Commonsense for Multimodal Situation Recognition in
Pervasive Systems", Nicola Bicocchi (University of Modena and Reggio Emilia,
Italy); Matteo Lasagni (University of Lubeck, Germany);Franco
Zambonelli (University of Modena and Reggio Emilia, Italy) RASID: A Robust
WLAN Device-free Passive Motion Detection System", Ahmed E.
Kosba (Alexandria University, Egypt); Ahmed M Saeed (Egypt-Japan University
for Science and Technology, Egypt); Moustafa Youssef (Egypt-Japan University
of Science and Technology (E-JUST), Egypt)
* "Crowds replace Experts: Building Better Location-based Services using
Mobile Social Network Interactions", ", Pravin Shankar (Rutgers University,
USA); Badri Nath(Rutgers University, USA); Liviu Iftode (Rutgers University,
USA); Woody Huang (Research Staff Member, USA); Paul Castro (IBM T.J. Watson
Research Center, USA)

                          CONCISE CONTRIBUTIONS

* "GymSkill: A Personal Trainer for Physical Exercises", Andreas
Muller (Technische Universitat Munchen, Germany); Nils Hammerla (Newcastle
University, United Kingdom); Thomas Ploetz (Newcastle University, United
Kingdom); Luis Roalter (Technische Universitat Munchen, Germany); Stefan
Diewald (Technische Universitat Munchen, Germany); Matthias
Kranz (Technische Universitat Munchen, Germany); Patrick Olivier (Newcastle
University, United Kingdom)
* "Encounter-based Noise Cancelation For Cooperative Trajectory Mapping", Wei
Chang (Temple University, USA); Jie Wu (Temple University, USA); Chiu C.
Tan (Temple University, USA)
* "A Light-weight Dataflow Execution Engine for Mobile Context Monitoring",
Younghyun Ju (Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST),
Korea); Chulhong Min (KAIST, Korea); Youngki Lee (KAIST, Korea); Jihyun
Yu (KAIST, Korea); Junehwa Song (KAIST, Korea)
* "Evaluating Mobility Models for Temporal Prediction with High-Granularity
Mobility Data", Yohan Chon (Yonsei University, Korea); Hyojeong Shin (Yonsei
University, Korea); Elmurod Talipov (Yonsei University, Korea); Hojung
Cha (Yonsei University, S. Korea, Korea)
* "A Location-Based Incentive Mechanism for Participatory Sensing Systems with
Budget Constraints", Luis Jaimes (University of South Florida,
USA); Idalides Vergara-Laurens (University of South Florida, USA); Miguel A.
Labrador(University of South Florida, USA)
* "Enabling Energy-Efficient Context Recognition with Configuration Folding",
Umer Iqbal (Universitat Duisburg-Essen Germany, Germany); Marcus
Handte (University of Duisburg-Essen, Germany); Stephan J Wagner(University
of Duisburg-Essen, Germany); Wolfgang Apolinarski(University of
Duisburg-Essen, Germany); Pedro Jose Marron(University of Duisburg-Essen and
Fraunhofer FKIE, Germany)
* "Sensing-Enabled Defenses to RFID Unauthorized Reading and Relay Attacks
without Changing the Usage Model", Tzipora Halevi (Polytechnic Institute of
New York University, USA); Sein Lin (Polytechnic Institute of New York
University, USA); Di Ma(University of Michigan-Dearborn, USA); Anudath
Prasad (University of Michigan-Dearborn, USA); Nitesh Saxena (Polytechnic
Institute of New York University, USA); Jonathan Voris (Columbia University,
USA);Tuo Xiang (University of Michigan-Dearborn, USA)
* "Leveraging smart meter data to recognize home appliances", Markus
Weiss (ETH Zurich, Switzerland); Adrian Helfenstein (ETH Zurich,
USA); Friedemann Mattern (ETH Zurich, Switzerland); Thorsten Staake (ETH
Zurich, Switzerland)
* "A Hybrid Method for achieving High Accuracy and Efficiency in Object
Tracking using Passive RFID", Lei Yang (The Hong Kong Polytechnic
University, Hong Kong); Jiannong Cao (Hong Kong Polytechnic Univ, Hong
Kong); Weiping Zhu(The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong); Shaojie
Tang (Illinois Institute of Technology, USA)
* "Directional Handoff using a Geomagnetic Sensor in Indoor WLANs",Sangyup
Han (KAIST, Korea); Myungchul Kim (KAIST, Korea); Ben Lee (Oregon State
University, USA); Sungwon Kang (KAIST, Korea)
* "Mobile Sensing of Pedestrian Flocks in Indoor Environments using WiFi
Signals", Mikkel Baun Kjaergaard (ETH Zurich, Switzerland); Martin Wirz (ETH
Zurich, Switzerland); Daniel Roggen (ETH Zurich, Switzerland); Gerhard
Troster (Wearable Computing Lab ETH Zurich, Switzerland)
* "How Close is Close Enough? Understanding the Role of Cloudlets in
Supporting Display Appropriation by Mobile Users", Sarah Clinch (Lancaster
University, United Kingdom); Jan Harkes (Carnegie Mellon University,
USA); Adrian Friday (Lancaster University, United Kingdom); Nigel
Davies (Lancaster University, United Kingdom); Mahadev
Satyanarayanan (Carnegie Mellon University, USA)

  =====================================================================
         Workshops - See http://www.percom.org/?q=listofworkshops
  =====================================================================

  PerHot: The 1st International IEEE Workshop on Hot Topics in Pervasive
                       Computing and Communication
                      http://perhot.uni-mannheim.de/

 PerSeNS: Workshop on Sensor Networks and Systems for Pervasive Computing
                     http://www.ing.unipi.it/persens

             SESOC: Worshop on Security and Social Networking
                          http://www.sesoc.org/

           CoMoRea: Workshop on Context Modeling and Reasoning
     http://nexus.informatik.uni-stuttgart.de/COMOREA/2012/index.html

    PerCol: Workshop on Pervasive Collaboration and Social Networking
                http://www1.inf.tu-dresden.de/~ts2/PerCol/

         PerEL: Workshop on Pervasive Learning, Life and Leisure
                 http://www.cs.uni-potsdam.de/perel2012/

             MP2P: Workshop on Mobile Peer-to-Peer Computing
                  http://mpclab.ce.ncu.edu.tw/mp2p2012/

              PWN: Workshop on Pervasive Wireless Networking
               http://web.engr.oregonstate.edu/~benl/PWN12/

    MUCS: Workshop on Managing Ubiquitous Communications and Services
           http://ubiquitous-management.org/mucs/2012/index.php

IQ2s: Workshop on Information Quality and Quality of Service for Pervasive
                                Computing
                           http://www.iq2s.org/

  PerMoby: Workshop on Impact of Human Mobility in Pervasive Systems and 
                               Applications
                   http://vecchio.iet.unipi.it/permoby/

   PerNEM 2012: Workshop on Pervasive Networks for Emergency Management
                    http://san.ee.ic.ac.uk/pernem2012/

       SIPC: Workshop on Social Implications of Pervasive Computing
                      http://sipc2012.blogspot.com/

SeNAmI: Workshop on Sensor Networks and Ambient Intelligence: Enabling Novel
     Concepts of Things, Interfaces and Applications in Smart Spaces
                 http://www.grpss.ssr.upm.es/senami2012/

====================================================
Chiara Boldrini - IEEE PerCom'12 Publicity Chair

 Institute for Informatics and Telematics (IIT)
 Italian National Research Council (CNR)
 Via G. Moruzzi, 1 - 56124 Pisa, Italy
 homepage: http://cnd.iit.cnr.it/chiara/
====================================================