Subject: [Mip4] IEEE PerCom 2013 - Call for Workshop Proposals

From: Chiara Boldrini <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2012 11:44:42 +0200

*******************************************************************************
IEEE PerCom 2013
11th IEEE Int. Conf. on Pervasive Computing and Communications
March 18-22, 2013 - San Diego, CA, USA
*******************************************************************************

CALL FOR WORKSHOP PROPOSALS
****************************************
IEEE PerCom, now in its 11th edition, is the premier conference for presenting
scholarly research in pervasive computing and communications. Advances in this
field are leading to innovative platforms, protocols, systems and applications
for always-on, always-connected services.

The PerCom 2013 Organizing Committee invites proposals for one-day or half-day
workshops affiliated with the conference. The workshops will be held prior to,
or immediately after, the main conference. The purpose of these workshops is to
provide a venue for presenting novel ideas in a less formal and typically more
focused area than at the conference itself.

Please visit http://www.percom.org to learn about earlier PerCom workshops.
Note that PerCom workshops are expected to enable stimulating discussions of
state-of-the-art, emerging, visionary,  and perhaps controversial topics.
Workshops should be organized to promote such lively interaction. Plans to
promote interaction and discussion should be clearly addressed in workshop
proposals.

Workshop proposals are solicited in all areas and topics pertaining to
pervasive computing and communications research and applications. Workshops
addressing new emerging research directions in pervasive computing and
communication are especially welcome.

Proposal Submission Guidelines:
*******************************
Each workshop proposal must include:

- The name of the workshop.

- The preferred date of the workshop (Monday or Friday).

- The names, addresses, and a short bio (up to 200 words) of the organizers (up
to three, from at least two different institutions).

- A brief description (up to 1 page) of the technical issues that the workshop
will address and the reasons why the workshop is of interest at this time.
Please  also include a short discussion of related workshops and conferences
and outline why the proposed workshop is unique.

- The names of potential program committee members, and some consideration on
the communities/groups it intends to attract.

- The planned format of the workshop, including a strategy to facilitate lively
and interactive discussions.

- If applicable, a description of past versions of the workshop, including:
number of submitted and accepted papers and number of attendees.

- If the workshop does not have any past editions, an estimate of the expected
number of submitted and accepted papers, and of the expected number of
attendees.

- A description of the publicity plan.

- A call for papers.

- The workshop website address.

Workshop proposals should be submitted, no later than *May 31, 2012*, by e-mail
(in PDF format), to the PerCom 2013 Workshop Co-chairs at the following address
[email-masked], with "PerCom 2013 Workshop Proposal" in the
subject.

Important Dates
***************
Workshop proposals submission Deadline: May 31, 2012
Notification: June 22, 2012

The following dates for the workshops schedule are strongly recommended.
The date that papers are due to the IEEE is firm:

Paper submissions: October 30, 2012
Paper notifications: December 21, 2012

Urs Hengartner and Gregor Schiele
-- Percom Workshop co-chairs <[email-masked]>

====================================================
Chiara Boldrini - PerCom 2013 Publicity Co-Chair

Institute for Informatics and Telematics (IIT)
Italian National Research Council (CNR)
Via G. Moruzzi, 1 - 56124 Pisa, Italy
homepage: http://cnd.iit.cnr.it/chiara/
====================================================