Subject: [Mip4] ZISC Workshop on Secure Mobile and Cloud Computing, June 7/8, 2012, ETH Zurich

From: Christina Poepper <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2012 16:22:41 +0200

*** Announcement and Call for Participation ***
(we apologize if you receive multiple copies)

*******************************************************
ZISC Workshop on Secure Mobile and Cloud Computing 2012
June 7/8, 2012
ETH Zurich, Switzerland
http://www.zisc.ethz.ch/events/workshop2012
*******************************************************

The paradigms of mobile computing and cloud computing are currently
revolutionizing our way of communicating and computing. They impact and
redefine how we store, retrieve, process, and share information in
business and private settings. The fact that increasingly many systems
rely on these paradigms increases our dependence on the security,
privacy, availability, and robustness of the involved operations,
components, and systems.

This year's Zurich Information Security and Privacy Center (ZISC)
workshop will provide insights into the latest research and development
activities on the paradigms of secure mobile and cloud computing. We
will share information and knowledge on the latest advances on topics
such as secure cloud, grid and utility computing, secure outsourced
computations and trusted computing (including virtual machines and
hypervisors), secure mobile phone and smartphone operations, secure
mobile computing, among others.

During two days, the workshop will host a number of invited speakers who
will give tutorials and research talks related to security issues in
mobile computing and cloud computing. The speakers include: 
* George Danezis, Microsoft Research Cambridge, UK 
* Leendert van Doorn, AMD, US 
* Jan-Erik Ekberg, Nokia, FI
* Alina Oprea, RSA Laboratories, US 
* Daniel Ronzani, Sunrise, CH 
* Ahmad-Reza Sadeghi, TU Darmstadt, Intel-TU Darmstadt Security
  Institute for Embedded and Mobile Systems, and Fraunhofer SIT, DE 
* Radu Sion, Stony Brook University, US
* Patrick Traynor, Georgia Institute of Technology, US
* Vinod Vaikuntanathan, University of Toronto, CA

Early bird registration is open until May 7, 2012. All details are
provided at: http://www.zisc.ethz.ch/events/workshop2012

We hope to see you at the workshop!