Subject: [Mip4] FIRST ANNOUNCEMENT WoWMoM 2013

From: "Jorge Navarro Ortiz" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2012 11:00:13 -0400

------------------------------------------------------------------------

                         FIRST ANNOUNCEMENT

                             WoWMoM 2013

                Fourteenth International Symposium on a

           World of Wireless, Mobile and Multimedia Networks

                   http://wowmom2013.tmit.bme.hu/

                            sponsored by

                       IEEE Computer Society,

                  University of Texas at Arlington,

       IEEE Computer Society TC on Computer Communications (TCCC)

                           June 4-7, 2013

                           Madrid, Spain

------------------------------------------------------------------------

SCOPE

The evolution of wireless networking technologies and their key role in 

future Internet scenarios offer an increasing wealth of opportunities 

for distributing multimedia contents over wireless networks, enabling 

dissemination of professional contents to mobile users as well as 

sharing user-generated contents among them. Users will be able to 

retrieve, publish, and manage information, communicate with other users 

or devices, access and author services, create and exploit context-

awareness and so on. Papers that present original work, validated by 

experimentation, simulation, or analysis, are solicited. Practical 

experiences and experimental efforts from both industry and academy, 

duly documenting the lessons learned from test-beds, field-trials, or 

real deployments, are also welcome.

A detailed list of topics of interest is available on the conference

website at http://wowmom2013.tmit.bme.hu/. Complete instructions for

submitting papers will be posted in due time.

Papers presented at the Symposium will be considered for a Best Paper 

Award. Papers of particular merit will be considered for a fast track 

publication in the Elsevier Pervasive and Mobile Computing Journal 

(PMC).

Important dates:

- Abstract submission:                 November 23, 2012.

- Full manuscript due:                 November 30, 2012.

- Manuscript acceptance notification:     March 15, 2013.

WORKSHOPS

Proposals for full day workshops are solicited. Selections will be made 

considering the expertise and experience of the workshop organizers and 

the relevance of the topic to the central theme of the conference. 

Instructions for submitting a workshop proposal can be found on the 

conference website.

Important dates:

- Workshop proposals submission:        October 20, 2012.

- Workshop acceptance notification:     November 5, 2012.

INDUSTRY SESSION

Original and previously unpublished research papers from industry 

researchers and professionals for a one-day Industry Session track are 

solicited. A key goal of this session is to present systems-oriented 

research that exposes the academic and research communities to real-life 

issues and problems being faced in industry. Papers in this session will 

be included in the main proceedings of WoWMoM 2013. Submission 

instructions for submitting will be posted in due time on the conference 

website.

DEMOS

Technical demonstration in the areas of wireless, mobile, and multimedia 

networking as well as ubiquitous and pervasive systems are solicited. 

Instructions for submitting a demo proposal will be posted in due time 

on the conference website.

PhD FORUM

A PhD forum will be organized as a poster session to allow PhD students 

to interact both with their peers as well as experienced researchers 

from industry. Extended abstracts comprising a summary of research 

findings, work in progress and planned research from Doctoral students 

working in areas related to wireless, mobile and multimedia networking 

are solicited. Instructions for submitting proposals will be posted in 

due time on the conference website.

GENERAL CHAIR

- Sergey Gorinsky, Institute IMDEA Networks, Spain

TPC CHAIRS

- Yonghe Liu, University of Texas at Arlington, USA

- Enzo Mingozzi, University of Pisa, Italy

WORKSHOP CHAIRS

- Miguel A. Labrador, University of South Florida, USA

- Polychronis Koutsakis, Technical University of Crete, Greece

INDUSTRY-TRACK CHAIRS

- Claudio Cicconetti, Intecs, Italy

- Vania Conan, Thales Communications & Security, France

PUBLICATIONS CHAIRS

- Angelos Lazaris, University of Southern California, USA

- Balaji Rengarajan, Institute IMDEA Networks,Spain

PhD FORUM CHAIRS

- Marilia Curado, University of Coimbra, Portugal

- Silvia Giordano, SUPSI, Switzerland

DEMO CHAIRS

- Omer Gurewitz, Ben Gurion University, Israel

- Andres Marin Lopez, Carlos III University of Madrid, Spain

PANEL CHAIR

- Albert Banchs, Institute IMDEA Networks and Carlos III University of
Madrid, Spain

PUBLICITY CHAIRS

- Michela Becchi, University of Missouri, USA

- Yaping Lin, Hunan University, China

- Jorge Navarro Ortiz, University of Granada, Spain

- Maxim Podlesny, University of Waterloo, Canada

LOCAL ORGANIZATION CHAIRS

- Vincenzo Mancuso, Institute IMDEA Networks, Spain

- Manuel Urueña, Carlos III University of Madrid, Spain

FINANCE & REGISTRATION CHAIR

- Yonghe Liu, University of Texas at Arlington, USA

WEB CHAIRS

- Levente Csikor, Budapest University of Technology and Economics, Hungary

- Gábor Rétvári, Budapest University of Technology and Economics, Hungary

STEERING COMMITTEE

- Marco Conti, IIT-CNR, Italy

- Sajal K. Das, Univ. Texas at Arlington, USA (CHAIR)

- Dipankar Raychaudhuri, Rutgers Univ., USA

- Satish K. Tripathi, SUNY Buffalo, USA