Subject: [Mip4] WoWMoM 2013 - Call For Papers

From: "Jorge Navarro Ortiz" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2012 11:28:43 -0400

------------------------------------------------------------------------
-       Our apologies if you receive multiple copies of this CFP       -
------------------------------------------------------------------------

                           CALL FOR PAPERS

                             WoWMoM 2013
                Fourteenth International Symposium on a
           World of Wireless, Mobile and Multimedia Networks

                   http://wowmom2013.tmit.bme.hu/

                            sponsored by
                       IEEE Computer Society,
                  University of Texas at Arlington,
       IEEE Computer Society TC on Computer Communications (TCCC)

                           June 4-7, 2013
                            Madrid, Spain

------------------------------------------------------------------------

****       ABSTRACT SUBMISSION DEADLINE: NOVEMBER 23, 2012       *******
****                FULL MANUSCRIPT DUE: NOVEMBER 30, 2012       *******

------------------------------------------------------------------------
IEEE WoWMoM 2013 is soliciting original and previously unpublished papers
addressing research challenges and advances towards a world of wireless,
mobile, and multimedia pervasive communications.

The evolution of wireless networking technologies and their key role in
future Internet scenarios offer an increasing wealth of opportunities for
distributing multimedia contents over wireless networks, enabling
dissemination of professional contents to mobile users as well as sharing
user-generated contents among them. Users will be able to retrieve, publish,
and manage information, communicate with other users or devices, access and
author services, create and exploit context- awareness and so on. Papers
that present original work, validated by experimentation, simulation, or
analysis, are solicited. Practical experiences and experimental efforts from
both industry and academy, duly documenting the lessons learned from
testbeds, field-trials, or real deployments, are also welcome.

Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Wireless multimedia systems, services and applications
- Opportunistic and delay-tolerant networks
- Ad-hoc, sensor, mesh and vehicular wireless networks
- Wireless BAN, PAN, LAN, MAN and WAN
- Machine-to-machine (M2M) communications and the Internet of Things
- Middleware services for wireless, mobile and multimedia networks
- Context-awareness in wireless, mobile and multimedia networks
- Content-centric architectures, multimedia content management and
  distribution for mobile networks
- Localization mechanisms and services
- Participatory and urban sensing
- Mobile social networking
- Resource management and QoS/QoE provisioning
- Multicasting and broadcasting issues
- Handoff and mobility management
- Network management and control
- Dependability, reliability and survivability issues for wireless,
  mobile and multimedia networks
- Security and privacy issues for wireless, mobile and multimedia
  networks
- Energy-efficient protocols and power management
- Seamless internetworking and self-organization
- System prototypes, measurements, real deployment, and experiences
- Modeling, analysis, and performance evaluation

AWARDS AND EDITORIAL FOLLOW-UP
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Papers presented at the Symposium will be considered for a Best Paper Award.
Papers of particular merit will be considered for a fast track publication
in the Elsevier Pervasive and Mobile Computing Journal.

PAPER SUBMISSION AND PUBLICATION
------------------------------------------------------------------------
All submissions must describe original research, not published or currently
under review for another workshop, conference, or journal. 
Papers must be submitted electronically through EDAS. You can find detailed
submission instructions at:
http://wowmom2013.tmit.bme.hu/submission.html

************************************************************************
*Submission implies the willingness of at least one author to attend   *
*the conference and present the paper. Accepted papers will be included*
*in the proceedings of IEEE WoWMoM 2013 and published in the           *
*IEEE Digital Library. WoWMoM organizers reserve the right to exclude  *
*a paper from distribution after the conference (e.g., removal from    *
*IEEE Xplore) if the paper is not presented at the conference.         *
************************************************************************

IMPORTANT DATES
------------------------------------------------------------------------
- Abstract submission deadline: November 23, 2012.
- Full manuscript due:          November 30, 2012.
- Acceptance notification:         March 15, 2013.

CONTACTS
------------------------------------------------------------------------
For further information, please visit the conference website at
http://wowmom2013.tmit.bme.hu/, or contact the PC Chairs at
[email-masked]

WORKSHOPS AND AFFILIATED EVENTS:
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Several workshops will be held in conjunction with the main conference. 
Workshop papers will be included and indexed in the IEEE Digital Library
(Xplore), showing their affiliation with IEEE WoWMoM. WoWMoM 2013 will also
feature an Industry Track, PhD Forum and a Demonstrations Session. 
Please visit the conference website for details.

ORGANIZING COMMITTEE
------------------------------------------------------------------------
GENERAL CHAIR
- Sergey Gorinsky, Institute IMDEA Networks, Spain

TPC CHAIRS
- Yonghe Liu, University of Texas at Arlington, USA
- Enzo Mingozzi, University of Pisa, Italy

WORKSHOP CHAIRS
- Miguel A. Labrador, University of South Florida, USA
- Polychronis Koutsakis, Technical University of Crete, Greece

INDUSTRY-TRACK CHAIRS
- Claudio Cicconetti, Intecs, Italy
- Vania Conan, Thales Communications & Security, France

PUBLICATIONS CHAIRS
- Angelos Lazaris, University of Southern California, USA
- Balaji Rengarajan, Institute IMDEA Networks,Spain

PhD FORUM CHAIRS
- Marilia Curado, University of Coimbra, Portugal
- Silvia Giordano, SUPSI, Switzerland

DEMO CHAIRS
- Omer Gurewitz, Ben Gurion University, Israel
- Andres Marin Lopez, Carlos III University of Madrid, Spain

PANEL CHAIR
- Albert Banchs, Institute IMDEA Networks and Carlos III University of
  Madrid, Spain

PUBLICITY CHAIRS
- Michela Becchi, University of Missouri, USA
- Yaping Lin, Hunan University, China
- Jorge Navarro Ortiz, University of Granada, Spain
- Maxim Podlesny, University of Waterloo, Canada

LOCAL ORGANIZATION CHAIRS
- Vincenzo Mancuso, Institute IMDEA Networks, Spain
- Manuel Uruena, Carlos III University of Madrid, Spain

FINANCE & REGISTRATION CHAIR
- Yonghe Liu, University of Texas at Arlington, USA

WEB CHAIRS
- Levente Csikor, Budapest Univ. of Technology and Economics, Hungary
- Gabor Retvari, Budapest Univ. of Technology and Economics, Hungary

STEERING COMMITTEE
- Marco Conti, IIT-CNR, Italy
- Sajal K. Das, Univ. Texas at Arlington, USA (CHAIR)
- Dipankar Raychaudhuri, Rutgers Univ., USA
- Satish K. Tripathi, SUNY Buffalo, USA