Subject: [Mip4] Barry Leiba's Discuss on draft-ietf-mip4-multiple-tunnel-support-12: (with DISCUSS and COMMENT)

From: "Barry Leiba" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Jun 2015 06:52:33 -0700

Barry Leiba has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-mip4-multiple-tunnel-support-12: Discuss

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mip4-multiple-tunnel-support/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
DISCUSS:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Simple, but necessary:
In the IANA Considerations,  Action-2 specifies the creation of a new
registry, but doesn't specify a registration policy.  It needs one (along
with a reference to RFC5226).  (This section also needs the answer to
IANA's valid range question, but that's not part of the DISCUSS issue.)

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Nit: In Section 4.1, the "Sub-Type" and "Length" fields' definitions are
in the "wrong" order in the definition list.

In Section 7...

- The IANA URL in Action-1 needs to be changed as IANA suggests in their
review (drop the string after the last "/").  The answer to IANA's
question, "Permitted for Notification Messages = N", also has to be added
here.

- Nit: Action-3 metions two new values, but only gives instructions for
the first one <IANA-3>, and talks about it in the singular.  I guess you
added INVALID_FB_IDENTIFIER <IANA-4> later, and didn't fully change this
action. (It's a nit because IANA fully understands what they need to do
here.)