Subject: [Mip4] DependSys 2015 CFPs with 8+ SCI&EI-indexed Special Issues, 7+ Keynotes, and excursion info

From: Md Zakirul Alam Bhuiyan <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2015 12:14:49 +0600

DependSys 2015 | Call for Papers
================================
The First International Symposium on Dependability in Sensor, Cloud, and
Big Data Systems and Applications (DependSys2015)
Zhangjiajie, China, November 18-20, 2015.
http://trust.csu.edu.cn/conference/dependsys2015/
https://sites.google.com/site/dependsys/

HIGHLIGHT 1
===========
Authors of selected, high-quality papers of the symposium would be invited
to submit their improved
versions to one of SCI & EI indexed  Special Issues (confirmed), including:
(1) Information Sciences - Elsevier (SCI&EI Indexed, Impact Factor: 3.893)
http://www.journals.elsevier.com/information-sciences/
(2) Future Generation Computer Systems - Elsevier (SCI&EI Indexed, Impact
Factor: 2.639)
http://ees.elsevier.com/fgcs/
(3) Mobile Information Systems - Hindawi (SCI&EI Indexed, Impact Factor:
1.789)
http://www.hindawi.com/journals/misy/
(4) Concurrency and Computation: Practice and Experience - Wiley (SCI&EI
Indexed, Impact Factor: 0.784)
http://www.cc-pe.net/
(5) IEICE Transactions on Information and Systems (SCI&EI Indexed, Impact
Factor: 0.191)
http://www.ieice.org/eng/index.html
(6)  IEEE Transactions on Big Data (EI Indexed)
http://www.computer.org/portal/web/tbd
(7) International Journal of Computational Science and Engineering (IJCSE)
- INDERSCIENCE (EI Indexed)
http://www.inderscience.com/jhome.php?jcode=IJCSE
(8) International Journal of Embedded Systems (IJES) - INDERSCIENCE (EI
Indexed)
http://www.inderscience.com/jhome.php?jcode=IJES
(9) International Journal of High Performance Computing and Networking
(IJHPCN) - INDERSCIENCE (EI Indexed)
http://www.inderscience.com/jhome.php?jcode=ijhpcn

HIGHLIGHT 2
===========
You are Welcome to Attend all 7+ Keynote Speeches* Shared by Co-Located
IEEE PRDC 2015/ICA3PP 2015
Conferences as below:

Keynote Speaker 1: Dr. John C.S. Lui, Fellow of ACM, Fellow of IEEE
Professor at The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
http://www.cse.cuhk.edu.hk/~cslui/

Keynote Speaker 2: Dr. Sy-Yen Kuo, Fellow of IEEE
Dean and Professor at Taiwan University, Taiwan
http://www.ee.ntu.edu.tw/profile?id=29

Keynote Speaker 3: Dr. Jiannong Cao, Fellow of IEEE
Head and Professor at The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong
http://www4.comp.polyu.edu.hk/~csjcao/

Keynote Speaker 4: Dr. Kazuhiko Iwasaki
Professor at Tokyo Metropolitan University, Japan

Keynote Speaker 5: Dr. Wanlei Zhou, Senior Member of IEEE
Alfred Deakin Professor, Chair of Information Technology at Deakin
University, Australia
http://www.deakin.edu.au/~wanlei/

Keynote Speaker 6: Dr. Hai Jin, Senior Member of IEEE
Dean and Professor at Huazhong University of Science and Technology, China
http://grid.hust.edu.cn/hjin/

Keynote Speaker 7: Dr. Sean He, Senior Member of IEEE
Professor at University of Technology, Sydney (UTS), Australia
http://www.uts.edu.au/staff/xiangjian.he

HIGHLIGHT 3
===========
Introduction to scenic spots in Zhangjiajie and its nearby Phoenix Ancient
Town.
Please check "Tour Reservation" page at the conference website for more
information.

---

In Conjunction with ICA3PP 2015 [
http://trust.csu.edu.cn/conference/ICA3PP2015/]
Co-Located with IEEE PRDC 2015 [
http://prdc.dependability.org/PRDC2015/index.html]

Hosted by:
Trusted Computing Institute, Central South University, China [
http://trust.csu.edu.cn/]

Sponsored by:
Springer Lecture Notes in Computer Science [EI-Indexed]

Venue & Dates:
Zhangjiajie, China, November 18-20, 2015
--------------------------------------------------------------------

INTRODUCTION
============
DependSys 2015 is a timely event that targets bringing together new ideas,
techniques, and solutions for dependability and its issues in sensor,
cloud, and big data systems and applications. As we are deep into the
Information Age, we witness the explosive growth of data available on the
Internet. Human beings are producing quintillion bytes of data every day,
which come from sensors, individual archives, social networks, Internet of
Things, enterprise and Internet in all scales and formats. One of the most
challenging issues we face in achieving designed system performance to an
expected level, i.e., how to effectively provide dependability in sensor,
cloud, and big data systems. These systems need to typically run
continuously, which often tend to become inert, brittle, and vulnerable
after a while.
We can observe that this trend is further stimulated by an ever-increasing
cost pressure.

The focus of DependSys 2015 is to create a forum for individuals,
academics, practitioners, and organizations, who are developing or
procuring sophisticated computer systems on whose dependability of services
they need to place great confidence. Future systems need to close the
dependability gap in face of challenges in different circumstances. The
emphasis will be on differing properties of such services, e.g.,
continuity, effective performance, real-time responsiveness, ability to
overcome data fault/corruption/anomaly, ability to avoid catastrophic
failures, prevention of deliberate privacy intrusions,
reliability/availability/sustainability/adaptability/heterogeneity/security/safety,
and so on.

SCOPE AND INTERESTS
===================
DependSys2015 is an international symposium for presenting and discussing
emerging ideas and trends,
algorithms and applications, systems design techniques, platforms and
tools, as well as measurement
assessment tools in all aspects of Dependability, which include but are not
limited to the following list:

(1) Fundamentals and Technologies
 + Concepts, theory, principles, standardization and modelling, and
methodologies for dependability
 + Security and privacy
 + Anomaly detection and protection
 + Dependability of sensor, wireless, and Ad-hoc networks dependability in
mobile computing
 + Dependability of software defined networks (SDN)
 + Dependability issues in clouds (e.g., cloud storage, computing)
 + Software and hardware dependability
 + Reliability and fault-tolerant computing
 + Dependability by virtualization
 + Dependability in distributed scheduling and resource management
 + Dependability issues in parallel and distributed databases
 + Dependability issues in autonomic computing
 + Dependable Biocomputing, Quantum computing, etc.
 + Dependable big data foundation and management
 + Big data privacy and security
 + Dependable IoT supporting technologies
 + Social networks and crowdsensing

(2) Systems
 + Dependable sensor systems
 + Dependability and availability issues in distributed systems
 + Cyber-physical systems (e.g. networked embedded systems, automotive,
aerospace, healthcare, smart grid systems, and so on)
 + Dependability issues in socio-technical systems
 + Dependability issues in database and transaction processing systems
 + Safety and security in distributed computing systems
 + Self-healing, self-protecting, and fault-tolerant systems
 + IoT smart sensors and systems
 + RFID Systems
 + Reliability issues in long-distance telemetry of distributed sensor
systems
 + Dependability in automotive systems
 + Dependable computing clouds for cyber-physical systems
 + Dependable integration between sensor systems and the cloud
 + Dependability in big data systems

(3) Applications
 + Sensor and robot applications, sensor network applications
 + Big data applications
 + Cloud computing applications
 + Datacenter monitoring
 + Safety care, medical care and services, IoT-based  healthcare
 + Aerospace, industrial, and transportation applications
 + IoT Energy, smart grid, and utility applications
 + Scientific applications
 + e-commerce and e-government
 + Activity monitoring
 + Mobile sensing applications, detection and tracking

(4) Measures and Assessments
 + Dependability metrics and measures for safety, trust, faith, amenity,
easiness, comfort, and worry
 + Dependability levels and relations, assessment criteria and authority
 + Dependability assessment standards
 + Dependability measurement, modeling, evaluation, and tools
 + Dependability evaluation of parallel, distributed systems
 + Software and hardware reliability, testing, verification and validation
 + Evaluation of fault-tolerant systems
 + Evaluations and tools of anomaly detection and protection in sensor,
cloud, big data systems
 + Experimental performance of parallel & distributed systems
 + Practical experiences and prototypes

SUBMISSION AND PUBLICATION INFORMATION
======================================
All papers in PDF format need to be submitted electronically through the
symposium website (https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=dependsys2015).
Submitted papers must not substantially overlap with papers that have been
published or that are simultaneously submitted to a journal or a conference
with proceedings. Papers must be clearly presented in English, must not
exceed 10 pages (or 14 pages with the over length charge), including
tables, figures, references and appendixes, in Springer LNCS Format with
PDF. The majority of papers that finally appear in the symposium will
likely be the result of the symposium solicitation. Papers will be
evaluated based on their originality, significance, relevance, and clarity
of presentation assessed by at least three reviewers from respective
research areas.

Submission of a paper should be regarded as a commitment that, should the
paper be accepted, at least one of the authors will register and present
the work at the conference. All accepted papers
will be published by Springer LNCS (EI-Indexed).

IMPORTANT DATES
===============
(1) Paper Submission Deadline:  July 15, 2015
(2) Author Notification: August 15, 2015
(3) Camera-Ready Paper Due: September 15, 2015
(4) Conference Dates:           November 18-20, 2015

Steering Chairs
===============
Jie Wu, Temple University, USA
Guojun Wang, Central South University, China

General Co-Chairs
=================
Mohammed Atiquzzaman, University of Oklahoma, USA
Sheikh Iqbal Ahamed, Marquette University, USA
Md Zakirul Alam Bhuiyan, Central South University, China, and Temple
University, USA

Program Co-Chairs
=================
Latifur Khan, The University of Texas at Dallas, USA
Joarder Kamruzzaman, Federation University and Monash University, Australia
Al-Sakib Khan Pathan, International Islamic University Malaysia, Malaysia

Program Committee Members (in alphabetical order)
=================================================
(Please refer to the DependSys 2015 website:
http://trust.csu.edu.cn/conference/dependsys2015/
or https://sites.google.com/site/dependsys/)

Publication Co-Chairs
=====================
Jin Zheng, Central South University, China
Wenjun Jiang, Hunan University, China

Local Arrangement Co-Chairs
===========================
Fang Qi, Central South University, China
Qin Liu, Hunan University, China
Hongzhi Xu, Jishou University, China

Finance Co-Chairs:
Pin Liu, Central South University, China
Wang Yang, Central South University, China

Web Chair
=========
Min Guo, Central South University, China

Contact
=======
Please email inquiries concerning DependSys 2015 to:
Dr. Md Zakirul Alam Bhuiyan: zakirulalam AT gmail DOT com and the
conference organizers (dependsys AT yahoo DOT com).
Homepage: http://trust.csu.edu.cn/postdoctor/~alam/index.html

Please, accept our apologies in case of multiple copies of this CFP
Copyright @ Trusted Computing Institute, CSU