Subject: [Mip4] RFC 7629 on Flow-Binding Support for Mobile IP

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2015 19:55:30 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7629

        Title:      Flow-Binding Support for Mobile IP 
        Author:     S. Gundavelli, Ed., K. Leung, 
                    G. Tsirtsis, A. Petrescu
        Status:     Experimental
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       August 2015
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      19
        Characters: 42488
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mip4-multiple-tunnel-support-13.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7629

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7629

This specification defines extensions to the Mobile IP protocol for
allowing a mobile node with multiple interfaces to register a care-of
address for each of its network interfaces and to simultaneously
establish multiple IP tunnels with its home agent.  This essentially
allows the mobile node to utilize all the available network
interfaces and build a higher aggregated logical pipe with its home
agent for its home address traffic.  Furthermore, these extensions
also allow the mobile node and the home agent to negotiate IP traffic
flow policies for binding individual flows with the registered care-of
addresses.

This document is a product of the Mobility for IPv4 Working Group of the IETF.

EXPERIMENTAL: This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the
Internet community.  It does not specify an Internet standard of any
kind. Discussion and suggestions for improvement are requested.
Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

---

From: Brian Haberman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2015 08:33:29 -0400

MIP4 WG,
     Congratulations on finishing this last work item.

At this time, I will be closing the MIP4 WG (including the mailing
list).  I want to thank everyone who has contributed to the work within
the WG.  Special thanks to Pete and Henrik for chairing the WG.

Regards,
Brian