Subject: [Mip6] IKEv2 Mobility and Multihoming BOF Tue, Nov 11, 1700-1800

From: Tero Kivinen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2003 08:58:02 +0200

There has been some interest in the IPsec working group to add
features to IKEv2 to support roaming, mobility, and multihoming. The
IPsec working group decided that those issues are not included as part
of the current IKEv2 core protocol, but instead they are handled in
separate documents and/or working group. 

The mobility features are need to support Mobile IP efficiently, and
are also used in the cases where devices perform roaming (move around
and the IP address changes), and they do want to keep the existing IKE
and IPsec SAs in place even when the IP address changes without full
rekeying.

The features needed include way to update the IKEv2 SA and IPsec SA
endpoint addresses without need of the rekeying the SAs, and also
authenticating those changes (return routability or similar). 

Another feature needed is to support multihoming and support having
multiple IP addresses tied to one IKEv2 SA and IPsec SA. This support
is needed by routers having multiple interfaces, when using SCTP, and
in cases where for example mobile device might have multiple different
connections to the internet (i.e for example WLAN and GPRS). Some way
to authenticate those multiple IP addresses is also needed.

The features should then be used by the Mobile IP, HIP, etc working
groups as building blocks to create their final protocols, but some of
the features can immediately be used in the IPsec VPNs too (client
roaming in VPN case, SCTP, multihoming support). 

The BOF is currently scheduled for Tuesday, November 11, 2003, at
1700-1800. The BOF have some kind of web pages at
http://mobike.kivinen.iki.fi/index.html. The web pages have agenda for
the meeting, proposed charter and basic introduction to the problem.

The BOF mailing list:

General Discussion: [email-masked]
To subscribe: [email-masked]
Archive and general information:
	https://www.machshav.com/mailman/listinfo/mobike

The MOBIKE BOF's goal is to verify that we have enough interest to
define mobility and multihoming extensions to the current IKEv2
protocol.
-- 
[email-masked]
SSH Communications Security                  http://www.ssh.fi/
SSH IPSEC Toolkit                            http://www.ssh.fi/ipsec/

_______________________________________________
Mip6 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip6

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2003 02:49:45 -0600

This BoF is of interest to people in the MIP6 WG as well.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of ext
Tero Kivinen
Sent: 04 November, 2003 12:57 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Mip4] IKEv2 Mobility and Multihoming BOF Tue, Nov 11,
1700-1800

The BOF mailing list:

-- 
Mip4 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip4