Subject: [Mip6] Questin about HAHA protocol

From: ken nagami <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2003 12:27:34 +0900

Hi Ryuji, Vijay, Pascal,

I have questions about "Binding synchronization among HA" in the HAHA protocol.

(1) If the Binding Information Reply message is lost, does the primary HA 
re-send the
    message ? I think the draft does not describe Ack message for Binding 
Information reply
    message.

    This paragraph is section 3 in HAHA protocol draft.
       When a primary Home Agent receives a Binding Update and creates a binding, it
       notifies the binding to the other Home Agents by unicasting Binding
       Information Reply messages.  Home Agents receiving the Binding
       Information Reply message records binding information and the address
       of the primary home agent into their binding cache.

(2) HA needs to configure an IP address of all other HA. This is full mesh 
configuration.
     Operation of full mesh model is hard, because all HA need to change 
configuration when
     one HA is added/changed/deleted. How do you think?

(3) I think there is other protocol to synchronize among HA. I think 
Binding synchronization
     among HA using  TCP, like the BGP, is better solution. This solution 
solves above full mesh
     issue using a mechanism like route reflector and binding 
synchronization protocol will
     be simple because re-transmission is done by TCP.
     How do you think?

Regards,
Ken Nagami 

_______________________________________________
Mip6 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip6