Subject: [Mip6] I wanna learn about DAD detection in mipv6

From: 李 刚 <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2003 01:24:57 +0000

Hello to all:

	I am a new comer to this WG, I don't even know if the address where I send 
this mail to is the right address to discuss everything within the WG's 
range.

    I saw a draft published in July, proposing some solutions to the DAD. 
But the two proposed solutions are just ideas without further 
implementation. I want to know if this problem (DAD, which is necessary in 
ipv6 stateless address autoconfiguration, will not prove to be of any use 
in mipv6), has already been sloved, or neglected because of it's 
dispensable in mipv6 network. I also want to know if someone ever go 
further into this problem, or if this problem is worth discussing at all.

    I would be very grateful if someone in this WG kindly give me a 
response.

    Thank you
                                                                  Yours
                                                                        
Garthdawn
                    ' spamcontrol '

_________________________________________________________________
免费下载 MSN Explorer:   http://explorer.msn.com/lccn/  

_______________________________________________
Mip6 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip6

---

From: Greg Daley <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2003 12:45:42 +1100

Hi Garthdawn,

Optimistic DAD has 3 implementations.

Monash (Linux),
Elmic Systems,
Microsoft (unreleased).

please read the current internet draft at:
http://www.watersprings.org/pub/id/draft-moore-ipv6-optimistic-dad-03.txt

I'm not sure what's happening with the IETF archive.

DAD optimization is critical for handovers in mobile IPv6.

Greg

李 刚 wrote:
> Hello to all:
> 
>     I am a new comer to this WG, I don't even know if the address where 
> I send this mail to is the right address to discuss everything within 
> the WG's range.
> 
> implementation. I want to know if this problem (DAD, which is necessary 
> in ipv6 stateless address autoconfiguration, will not prove to be of any 
> use in mipv6), has already been sloved, or neglected because of it's