Subject: [Mip6] About two implementations on DAD in mip6 circumstances

From: "Lee Garth" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2004 07:35:06 +0000

Dear:

    I have read two implementations on DAD in mip6 circumstances in the 
respected drafts.

    One is called "advanced DAD", implemented in mip6 where fast handover 
is supported. The corresponding draft is:
                   
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-han-mobileip-adad-01.txt

    The other is called "optimistic DAD", implemented in all mip6 
circumstances but with potential hazard to packet transmit confusion if DAD 
fails. The corresponding draft is:
            
http://www.watersprings.org/pub/id/draft-moore-ipv6-optimistic-dad-03.txt

    It looks like optimistic DAD doesn't change much from the original DAD 
procedure specified in RFC2462. I can't judge more about the robustness and 
effectiveness of either. Would you please tell me more about the 
implementations of both methods in real network, and which one is more 
widely used? 
    
    Thanks a lot!

                                                                      Yours
      ' spamcontrol '

_________________________________________________________________
与联机的朋友进行交流，请使用 MSN Messenger:  http://messenger.msn.com/cn  

_______________________________________________
Mip6 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip6