Subject: [Mip6] (no subject)

From: "Lee Garth" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2004 09:37:54 +0000

Dear all:

    Moreover, what is the content of the NA multicasted to indicate that 
there is an address duplication?
    I haven't find the answer to my questions in the RFC, and in the few 
drafts I have read. So please do me a favour.

    Thanks.

                                                           Yours Sincerely
                                                                     
Garthdawn

' spamcontrol '

_________________________________________________________________
免费下载 MSN Explorer:   http://explorer.msn.com/lccn/  

_______________________________________________
Mip6 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip6

---

From: Greg Daley <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2004 10:10:14 +1100

Hi Lee,

> drafts I have read. So please do me a favour.
The intent of the multicast NA is to respond to an NS with
the unspecified address (which is used for DAD).

Since there is no source address in the NS to respond to,
the response must go to all nodes.

In optimistic DAD this effect is used to clear any cache entries
created by the optimistic node (since the multicast NA from the
DAD defender goes out with Override flag set).

Greg