Subject: [Mip6] Call for Papers: Algorithms and Data Structures for the Internet

From: Victor Luchangco <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 17:43:31 -0500

Please accept our apologies if you receive multiple copies.

==============================================================================

                       Call for Papers

       Algorithms and Data Structures for the Internet

                    Special Track for the

       Twenty-third Annual ACM SIGACT-SIGOPS Symposium on
         Principles of Distributed Computing (PODC 2004)
      (http://www.podc.org/podc2004/special-track-cfp.html)

The Internet is the modern platform for distributed computing.  PODC
has historically focused more on a higher level, abstracting away the
platform on which the computation takes place.  But PODC was covering
and contributing algorithms for distributing computing before the
Internet platform arrived.  The special track on Internet Algorithms
will attempt to expand the focus and the community, and bring modern
trends on Internet research closer to the PODC community, seeding
future areas of research for the years to come.

We are soliciting research contributions on the design, specification,
and implementation of algorithms for current and future Internet
applications.  Both theoretical work and practical work that
demonstrates fundamental principles of distributed computing in this
setting are desired.

Topics of interest include, but are not limited to,

+   Peer-to-peer, overlay, and content distribution networks

+   Analysis of small world networks

+   Algorithmic mechanism design for distributed systems

+   Distributed caching protocols

+   GRID computing

+   Multicast protocols

+   Network coding

+   Compression and coding in distributed systems

+   Models of fault-tolerance and reliability for Internet networks

+   Search engines and the Web:  crawling and indexing

+   Data stream algorithms for distributed systems:  stream algorithms
     for network monitoring, handling network traffic, and manipulating
     network-generated data.

The special track is an integral part of PODC.  The papers for the
special track are to be submitted to PODC, as described in the PODC
call for papers.  The PODC program committee reflects expertise in the
subjects of the special track, as well as in other PODC subjects.  For
the dates, formats, submission instructions, etc., please see the PODC
call for papers (http://www.podc.org/podc2004/cfp.html).

_______________________________________________
Mip6 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip6