Subject: [Mip6] I-D on route optimization hints

From: Keiichi SHIMA / 島慶一 <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 15:58:46 +0900 (JST)

Hi all,

I have submitted an I-D that describes a mechanism to distribute RO
hint information.  The hint information is used to judge whether a
mobile node initiate route optimization procedure or not, based on
addresses.

The I-D can be retreived from
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-shima-mip6-rohints-00.txt

The abstract is:
   This memo describes the distribution mechanism of route optimization
   hints, which can be used by a mobile node to determine when the node
   should initiate the route optimization procedure when communicating
   with correspondent nodes.  Usually, a mobile node will perform RO
   procedure to any correspondent node as described in Mobile IPv6
   specification [1].  However, in some cases, it is better not to
   perform RO.  A typical example is a firewalled network.  This memo
   also describes a configuration of a firewall which makes mobile nodes
   possible to move between an intranet and the Internet by using RO
   hints.

Any comments are welcome.

Best Regards,
---
Keiichi SHIMA
IIJ Research Laboratory <[email-masked]>
KAME Project <[email-masked]>

_______________________________________________
Mip6 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip6