Subject: Re: [Mip6] HAHA architecture

From: Alexandru Petrescu <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2003 19:44:14 +0100

"Pascal Thubert (pthubert)" <[email-masked]> writes:
> - MN register to closest HA (primary HA)
> - primary HA instanciates a MRHA tunnel and creates a route over that
> tunnel to the MN (MNP) that is being registered
> - primary HA redistributes that route to other HAs using HAHA protocol.
> This is a proactive model where HAHA looks like a classical Routing
> Protocol after all.

Could HAHA not only look but also act as a classical routing protocol?
Could the HA's just exchange routing information instead of BCE sync
messages?

If yes, then maybe the AR's to which MN attaches can also participate
in this routing protocol exchanges and thus no need of Mobile IP at
all, no?

Alex
GBU

_______________________________________________
Mip6 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip6