Subject: [Mip6] Update on MIP6 API draft

From: Samita Chakrabarti <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 15:38:30 -0700 (PDT)

We have just submitted the second revision of the draft-ietf-mip6-mipext-advapi
draft. The changes are nominal. This version is ready for WG last call.

The following changes are made as per suggestions from the implementors
at the March Connectathon.

  * Section 2.1.11.2 now  defines alternate COA address data structure
     as struct in6_addr for consistency. It was defined as 16 unit
     of bytes.

   * Added Binding Update Authdata of 12 bytes in the
     struct ip6_mh_opt_auth_data

   * Added a new function inet6_rth_gettype() in section 3.1 in order
     to distinguish routing header type 2 ancillary data items from
     type 0 routing header ancillary data items on the receive side.
     The suggestion was made by Anti Tuominen of Helsinki University as he
     found this function was necessary while writing the MIPv6 implementation
     in the user level.

The draft should be available in the ID directory in a few days.

Thanks,
-Samita

_______________________________________________
Mip6 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip6

---

From: Ryuji Wakikawa <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 20:06:11 +0900

Hello Samita

When an application gets a HoA dest option through your socket API,
which address is stored in the HoA dest option? CoA or HoA?

When the application processes the received packet at raw socket, the
home address is stored in the IP Source address field. Thus, the HoA
dest option should contain CoA. Otherwise, there is no way to retrieve
CoA from your socket API. 

The same question can be applied to the processing of a routing header
option. Which address is stored in the routing header option? I
believes it is CoA.

regards,
ryuji

At Fri, 16 Apr 2004 15:38:30 -0700 (PDT),