Subject: [Mip6] Call for Participation QShine 2004

From: Thomas Hou <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 10:46:38 -0400

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
                     Call for Participation QShine 2004
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
First International Conference on Quality of Service in
Heterogeneous Wired/Wireless Networks
October 18-20, 2004 Dallas, Texas, USA
Wyndham Hotel, Dallas
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.qshine.org/
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Recent technological developments in broadband high-speed networks, 
peer-to-peer
networks, wireless and mobile networks, and grid computing have led to newer
challenging problems, such as providing QoS support to the emerging high-speed
Internet and multimedia applications across both wired and wireless networks.

Held in the Dallas, TX, home of the Telecomm Corridor, this conference focuses
on all aspects of QoS support for heterogeneous wired and wireless networks.
It serves as a forum for researchers from both academia and industry for
presenting recent research results in QoS issues for both wired and wireless
networks. The conference features prominent invited speakers as well as papers
by top researchers in the field. Please join us in Dallas for QShine 2004!

This year, QShine include

    - 2 prominent Keynote Speakers:
       * Dr. Sanjoy Paul  Director of Wireless Networking Research
         Bell Laboratories
       * Prof Sajal K. Das, Director, Center for Research in Wireless Mobility
         and Networking (CReWMaN), The University of Texas at Arlington
    - 10 Technical sessions which include:
       * Admission Control and Resource Allocation
       * Ad-hoc and sensor networks
       * QoS and Multimedia Support
       * QoS Routing
       * Wired-Wireless Networks and Hybrid Networks
       * Voice and Multi-Media Protocols
       * Reliability and Resource Management
       * Advanced Routing Techniques

    - 3 Panel sessions:
       * Can WiFi hotspots survive without QoS ?
       * QoS in the Internet: How strong is the need ?
       * QoS for sensor networks: is it an overkill?

    - A Poster Session with works in progress

Please consult www.qshine.org for further details regarding the Technical
Program, Hotel, and Registration.

Organizing Committee:

  General Chair:  Azzedine Boukerche, University of Ottawa, Canada
  Vice Chair:    Michael Fang, University of Florida, USA

  Technical Program Co-Chairs
                  Jorge Cobb, University of Texas at Dallas, USA
                  Shigang Chen, University of Florida, USA

  Steering Committee Chair:
                  Imrich Chlamtac, University of Texas at Dallas, USA

_______________________________________________
Mip6 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip6