Subject: [Mip6] Multicast Handover & M-HMIPv6

From: Thomas Schmidt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 17:30:03 +0200

Hi all,

we just submitted an improved version of the draft

"Seamless Multicast Handover in a Hierarchical Mobile IPv6 
Environment(M-HMIPv6)"

Besides minor corrections a new smooth transition between HMIPv6 
multicast handover and direct remote subscription of a mobile multicast 
receiver has been added.

Abstract

    This document extends the Hierarchical Mobile IPv6 Internet Draft to
    include the reception and transmission of multicast traffic at the
    Mobile Node. It introduces handover mechanisms for IPv6 mobile
    multicast listeners and mobile multicast senders. Operations are
    based on a Mobile IPv6 environment with local mobility anchor points.
    These local anchor points are conformal with a Hierarchical Mobile
    IPv6 proxy infrastructure. Handover latencies in the proposed scheme
    remain bound to link switching delays with respect to these local
    proxy points. Multicast listeners in addition encounter the option to
    optimize multicast routing by turning to a direct data reception.

    The mechanisms described in this document do not rely on assumptions
    of any specific multicast routing protocol in use. The M-HMIPv6
    protocol operations utilize the existing HMIPv6, MIPv6 and MLDv2
    messages under minor extensions.

Looking forward to feedback & discussions

Thomas & Matthias

_______________________________________________
Mip6 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip6