Subject: [Mip6] MobiCom 2005 Call for Papers

From: "Wendi Heinzelman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2004 22:54:38 -0500

******************************************************************* 

                         Call for Papers

  11th International Conference on Mobile Computing and Networking 
                        (ACM MobiCom 2005)

                   August 28 - September 2, 2005
                         Cologne, Germany
              
                http://www.sigmobile.org/mobicom/2005/

*******************************************************************

ACM MobiCom 2005 is the eleventh in a series of annual conferences
sponsored by ACM SIGMOBILE dedicated to addressing the challenges in
the areas of mobile computing and networking. This highly selective,
single-track conference serves as the premier international forum
addressing networks, systems, algorithms, and applications that
support the symbiosis of mobile computers and wireless networks.

Papers

Authors are invited to submit full papers presenting new research
related to the theory or practice of mobile computing and networking
with respect to topics above the physical layer. All submissions must
describe original results that are not published nor currently under
review by another conference or journal. Areas of interest include,
but are not limited to:

* Architectures, protocols, and algorithms to cope with 
  mobility, limited bandwidth, or intermittent connectivity 
* Applications and services for mobile users
* Distributed systems aspects of mobile computing 
* Mobile ad  hoc and wireless sensor networks 
* Performance of mobile and wireless networks and systems 
* Wireless multimedia systems 
* Algorithms and protocols for power management and control 
* Implementations and experimental mobile systems
* Integration and interworking of wired and wireless networks 
* Modeling and simulation aspects of mobile networks
* Operating system and middleware support for mobile computing and 
  networking 
* Security, privacy, and fault-tolerance of mobile/wireless systems 
* Service creation and management environments for mobile/wireless 
  systems 
* Database and data management issues in mobile computing 

The program committee will referee all papers. Accepted papers will be
published in the conference proceedings. Papers of particular merit
will be proposed for publication in the ACM/Kluwer Wireless Networks
(WINET) journal.

Challenges Papers

The conference strongly encourages the submission of short papers that
challenge the research community with revolutionary new approaches,
technologies, or applications in the field of mobile computing and
wireless networking. These "challenge papers" should provide
stimulating ideas or visions that may open up exciting avenues of
far-reaching future research. Descriptions of new products or simple
evolution of existing work are not appropriate. Challenges Papers will
be reviewed and should be submitted using the same submission
procedure as full papers. The title of such papers must start with the
word "Challenges," i.e., "Challenges: `rest of the title'."

Submission Instructions

Papers must be no longer than 15 pages (5 pages for Challenges
Papers), font size not smaller than 10 points, and must fit properly
on U.S. "letter"-sized paper (8.5x11 inches) with reasonable
margins. All paper submissions will be handled electronically. Authors
should prepare a PDF or PostScript version. Detailed instructions for
the paper submission procedure and format will be available on the
conference web pages. The deadline for registering the title and the
abstract of the paper with our electronic submission system is
February 22, 2005, and the deadline for submitting the actual paper is
March 1, 2005. All deadlines are 11:59 PM EST.  All submitted papers
will be judged based on their quality through a double-blind review
process, where the identities of the authors are withheld from the
reviewers. Authors should not be identifiable by any means from the
paper or from the PDF or the Postscript file. Guidelines for preparing
the paper for blind reviewing, as well as electronic paper submission
instructions, will be available on the conference web pages.
Submitted or substantially similar papers must not be currently under
review for any other publication. Please direct any questions
regarding paper submission to the Program Co-Chairs, Elizabeth
Belding-Royer and Songwu Lu at mobicom_pcchairs @ acm.org.

Tutorials

Proposals for tutorials are solicited. Evaluation of tutorial
proposals will be based on the expertise and experience of the
instructors and on the relevance of the subject matter.  Potential
instructors are requested to submit a tutorial proposal of at most 5
pages, including a biographical sketch, to the Tutorial Chair Luca
Salgarelli (luca.salgarelli at ing.unibs.it). The deadline for
tutorial proposals is March 8, 2005.

Panels

Panel proposals are solicited that examine innovative, controversial,
or otherwise provocative issues of interest. Panel proposals should
not exceed 3 pages, including biographical sketches of the
panelists. Potential panel organizers should contact the Panel
Co-Chairs, Mario Gerla (gerla at cs.ucla.edu) and Jean-Pierre Hubaux
(jean- pierre.hubaux at epfl.ch). The deadline for panel proposals is
March 25, 2005.

Research Demonstrations and Exhibits

Proposals for research demos are strongly solicited. They should
include a 3-page description of the demo and equipment to be
used. Send proposals to the Research Demo Chair Dirk Westhoff
(dirk.westhoff at netlab.nec.de) by June 13, 2005. We are also
planning an Expo featuring exhibits of the latest mobile computing
products and services.

Student Poster Session

Student posters are solicited that present recent and on-going
research by students on mobile computing and mobile wireless
networking. The poster submissions should include a 2-page description
of the student's research. See above for paper formatting
requirements. Accepted posters will be put on the conference web page;
however, they will not be printed in the conference
proceedings. Please send submissions to the Student Poster Chair
Haiyun Luo (haiyun at cs.uiuc.edu). The deadline is June 20, 2005.

Best Student Paper Award

Papers with a student as a primary author will be considered for the
Best Student Paper Award, with a cash award of 1000 US$. Students must
indicate with their submission that they would like to be considered
for this award. The student author of the awarded paper is expected to
present the paper at the conference.

Important Dates

All deadlines are 11:59 PM EST. These are *firm* deadlines.
   
Paper registration deadline:     February 22, 2005
Paper submission deadline:     March 1, 2005
Tutorial proposals due:           March 8, 2005
Panel proposals due:              March 25, 2005
Notification of acceptance:     May 30, 2005
Camera-ready versions due:   June 24, 2005
Demo proposals due:             June 13, 2005
Student poster submissions due:  June 20, 2005

For More Information

For questions about the paper submission and review process, please
contact the Program Co-Chairs at mobicom_pcchairs @ acm.org. For other
questions or comments about the conference or for more information,
please send email to mobicom_chairs @ acm.org.

Organizing Committee

General Co-Chairs
Tom La Porta, Pennsylvania State University, USA 
Christoph Lindemann, University of Dortmund, Germany 

Program Co-Chairs
Elizabeth Belding-Royer, UC, Santa Barbara, USA   
Songwu Lu, UCLA, USA 
 
Industrial Liaison Co-Chairs
Volker Gruhn, University of Leipzig, Germany 
Venkat Padmanabhan, Microsoft Research, USA

Finance Chair
Guohong Cao, Pennsylvania State University, USA 
 
Registration Chair 
Sneha Kasera, University of Utah, USA 

Publicity Co-Chairs
Christian Bettstetter, NTT DoCoMo, Germany  
Wendi Heinzelman, University of Rochester, USA 
 
Workshop Co-Chairs    
Suman Banerjee, University of Wisconsin, USA
Martina Zitterbart, University of Karlsruhe, Germany   

Tutorial Chair
Luca Salgarelli, University of Brescia, Italy 

Panels Co-Chairs  
Mario Gerla, UCLA, USA  
Jean-Pierre Hubaux, EPFL, Switzerland  

Research Demos Chair
Dirk Westhoff, NEC Research Europe, Germany 

Student Poster Session Chair
Haiyun Luo, U. of Illinois Urbana Champaign, USA  
 
Local Arrangement Chair  
Oliver Waldhorst, University of Dortmund, Germany  

Web Chair
Lars Littig, University of Dortmund, Germany 

Steering Committee Chair
Victor Bahl, Microsoft Research, USA 

----------------------------------------------------------
Wendi B. Heinzelman
Assistant Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering 
University of Rochester
P.O. Box 270126, Hopeman Building, Room 307
Rochester, NY  14627-0126
Phone: 585-275-4053
Fax:      585-273-4919
http://www.ece.rochester.edu/~wheinzel
----------------------------------------------------------

_______________________________________________
Mip6 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip6