Subject: [Mip6] [Securecomm-cfp] SECURECOMM 2005 - Call For Papers

From: Richard Han <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2004 17:25:55 -0700

Apologies if you receive multiple copies of this CFP.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
			   CALL FOR PAPERS

			   SECURECOMM 2005
       First International Conference on Security and Privacy for
		  Emerging Areas in Communication Networks
			    September 2005
			    Athens, Greece
			  www.securecomm.org

			   Co-Sponsored by:
		    CreateNet (www.create-net.it)
	   U.S. National Science Foundation (Travel Grants)

	       PAPER SUBMISSION DEADLINE: Feb 21, 2005

     Pending Technical Co-sponsorships from IEEE and ACM Societies

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

SCOPE: The focus of this conference is two-fold:

1. Security and Privacy in wireless, mobile, ad hoc, sensor,
    personal-area and RFID networks
2. Security and Privacy in pervasive and ubiquitous computing

The conference aims to bring together academic, industrial and
government researchers, practitioners, standards developers and policy
makers.

Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:

* Wireless Network Security (WiFi, WiMAX, WiMedia and others)
* Sensor and  Mobile Ad Hoc Network Security
* Security of  GSM/GPRS/UMTS systems
* RFID security and privacy
* Wireless Intrusion Detection Systems, tolerance and recovery
* Firewalls and Application gateways for wireless/mobile networks
       and pervasive/ubiquitous computing
* Public key infrastructures for wireless/mobile networks
       and pervasive/ubiquitous computing
* Web Security, Authentication and Authorization in
       wireless/mobile  networks and pervasive/ubiquitous computing
* Privacy/Anonymity Preserving Design in wireless/mobile  networks
       and pervasive/ubiquitous computing
* E-commerce protocols and micropayment schemes
* Secure Localization systems
* Security in hybrid (e.g., wireline/wireless) networks

PAPERS: Technical papers describing original unpublished research are
solicited. Submissions must not exceed 10 pages in IEEE conference
style, two-column format. Submissions must not be concurrently under
review by a conference, journal or any other venue that has
proceedings. All submissions will be refereed by the program
committee.  Papers that have a student as the primary author or first
co-author will be considered for a best student paper award.  Accepted
papers of particular merit will be considered for a special issue of
Springer International Journal of Information Security.

SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS: Authors should prepare a PostScript or PDF
version of their full paper. All submitted papers will be judged based
on their quality through double-blind reviewing, where the identities
of the authors are withheld from the reviewers.  Authors' names must
not appear in the paper or in the PostScript or PDF file.  Complete
paper submission instructions will be available at the conference
website.  The paper submission deadline is February 21, 2005.

PANELS: Panels that examine innovative, controversial, or
otherwise provocative issues of interest are solicited.  Panel
proposals should not exceed 3 pages, including biographical sketches
of the panelists. Potential panel organizers should submit proposals
to the Panels Co-Chairs by February 21, 2005.

WORKSHOPS: Workshop proposals on topics related to the broader
theme of the conference are solicited. Workshop proposals should not
exceed 3 pages, including biographical sketches of the main
organizers. Potential workshop organizers should submit proposals to
the Workshops Co-Chairs by January 22, 2005.

RESEARCH DEMOS: Informal proposals for research demos are
solicited.  Proposals will be reviewed and selection will be made
based on the perceived value to the research community and interest
level for the conference attendees. Proposals should not exceed 3
pages and should include: the focus area, technologies involved,
specific equipment to be used, demo layout and space required. Please
submit proposals to the Research Demos Chair(s) by February 21,
2005.  Travel grants, sponsored by NSF, are available to partially
support travel expenses for demo teams from US-based institutions.

Student Travel Grants: Student Travel Grants, sponsored by the
National Science Foundation, are available for graduate students
studying at US universities. Details will be made available shortly.

IMPORTANT DATES
---------------

TECHNICAL Paper submissions due: February 21, 2005
NOTIFICATION date:		 April 20, 2005
Camera-ready version due:	 May 30, 2005
Conference Dates:		 Sep. 2005

For information regarding the conference, please visit
http://www.securecomm.org or contact one of the Chairs below.

		   CONFERENCE ORGANIZING COMMITTEE

General Co-Chairs
-----------------

Imrich Chlamtac, CreateNet Research Institute, [email-masked]
Krishna Sivalingam, University of Maryland, Baltimore County (UMBC),
				  [email-masked]

General Vice-Chair
------------------

Bruno Crispo, Vrije Universiteit, Netherlands, [email-masked]

Technical Program Co-Chairs
---------------------------

Dieter Gollmann, TU Hamburg-Harburg, [email-masked]
Li Gong, Sun Microsystems, [email-masked]
Gene Tsudik, UC Irvine,  [email-masked]

Workshops Chair
---------------

G. Manimaran, Iowa State University, [email-masked]

Panels Co-Chairs
----------------

Peng Liu, Penn State University, [email-masked]
Fabio Massacci, Univ. of Trento, [email-masked]

Research Demos/Exhibits Chair
-----------------------------

John Hale, Univ. of Tulsa, [email-masked]
Costa Cristina, Univ. of Trento, [email-masked]

Sponsorships Chair
------------------

Farooq Anjum, Telcordia  Tech., [email-masked]

Local Arrangements Co-Chairs
----------------------------

Tassos Dimitriou, Athens Information Technology, [email-masked]
Antonis Kalis, Athens Information Technology, [email-masked]

Publicity Co-Chairs
-------------------

Haim Bar,  ATC-NYCorp, [email-masked]
Richard Han, Univ of Colorado, [email-masked]
Dimitrios Serpanos, Univ. of Patras, Greece, [email-masked]

Publication Chair
-----------------

Radha Poovendran, Univ. of Washington, [email-masked]

Student Travel Awards Chair
---------------------------

Dapeng Wu, Univ. of Florida, [email-masked]

Steering Committee Co-Chairs:
------------------------------

  Imrich Chlamtac, CreateNet Research Institute
  Krishna Sivalingam, University of Maryland, Baltimore County (UMBC)

_______________________________________________
Securecomm-cfp mailing list
[email-masked]
http://mantis.cs.colorado.edu/mailman/listinfo/securecomm-cfp

_______________________________________________
Mip6 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip6