Subject: [Mip6] MobiCom 2005 Call for Workshop Proposals

From: "Wendi Heinzelman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2005 15:33:01 -0500

******************************************************************* 

                         Call for Workshops

  11th International Conference on Mobile Computing and Networking 
                        (ACM MobiCom 2005)

                   August 28 - September 2, 2005
                         Cologne, Germany
              
                http://www.sigmobile.org/mobicom/2005/

*******************************************************************

The ACM Mobicom 2005 conference will host a day of workshops on technical
areas related to mobile and wireless networking. SIGMOBILE invites workshop
proposals from interested communities. New workshops in emerging areas
that can engage participants in greater interaction are welcome.

General information:

The purpose of the workshop proposal is to describe the research topics covered 
by the workshop and how the workshop will be organized. ACM Mobicom will provide 
basic support for the workshop in the form of registration, publicity, a meeting 
room, and help in arranging meal service for the workshop at the ACM Mobicom 
conference. To encourage flexibility, the details of the format of the workshop, 
the form of submissions and presentations, and the likes is left to the workshop 
organizers. Because workshops are meant to foster discussions on emerging topics 
of interest among the broader SIGMOBILE community, workshops are encouraged to be 
inclusive rather than exclusive in their solicitation of material. In addition, 
targeting more interactive forums such as presentations of short papers rather than 
traditional presentations of full-length papers can be more conducive to successful 
workshops.

Detailed guidelines:

Proposals for workshops should be sent to the ACM Mobicom workshop co-chairs
Suman Banerjee ([email-masked]) or Martina Zitterbart ([email-masked]) by
January 31, 2005, 5pm EST and should contain:

* A description of the workshop's technical area, its scope, its history (if any),
  and why it is important in mobile and wireless networking.
* A description of the workshop program (e.g., paper presentations, poster 
  presentations, panel sessions) and expected attendance. The workshop program 
  should fill one day and SIGMOBILE encourages programs that require only 
  one meeting room (for simplified logistics). You should indicate if you
  have any other requirements, e.g., hall for poster presentations.
* The names of key workshop volunteers, e.g., the workshop chair, program chair 
  and possible program committee members.
* A draft call for papers or participation.
* A completed preliminary TMRF which is available from ACM at:
  http://www.acm.org/sig_volunteer_info/conference_manual/prelimpage.htm.
* Opportunities for sponsorship from corporate donors.

----------------------------------------------------------
Wendi B. Heinzelman
Assistant Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering 
University of Rochester
P.O. Box 270126, Hopeman Building, Room 307
Rochester, NY  14627-0126
Phone: 585-275-4053
Fax:      585-273-4919
http://www.ece.rochester.edu/~wheinzel
----------------------------------------------------------

_______________________________________________
Mip6 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip6