Subject: [Mip6] Call For Papers: Symposium on Wireless Sensor Networks (IEEE WirelessCom 2005)

From: Marco Zuniga <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 13:58:05 -0800

Dear Colleagues,

This is the Call For Papers for the Symposium on Wireless Sensor Networks
to be held at Sheraton Maui Resort, Kaanapali Beach, Maui, Hawaii, USA
in conjunction with IEEE WirelessCom 2005, June 13-16, 2005.

http://bit.csc.lsu.edu/WirelessComm05/WSNsymposium/

We apologize if you have received multiple copies of this CFP.

Scope

Wireless Sensor Networks have received tremendous attention over the
past few years. These systems can potentially benefit a variety of
scientific, military and commercial applications. Recent years have seen
tremendous advancement to this vision and have offered the ability to
deploy networks of densely deployed, inexpensive sensor nodes. The vast
potential for this research area has been demonstrated by numerous
scientific and commercial applications that have emerged in recent
years, as well as by the number of industrial and research institutions
working in this area.

Sensor networks combine distributed sensing, computation, storage, and
wireless multi hop communication. Many challenges need to be overcome in
this research area to realize its potential. Original papers are invited
on a broad range of research topics relating to wireless sensor
networks. Papers must represent high-quality and previously unpublished
work. Topics of interest include, but are not limited to, the following:

* Communication techniques and protocols
* Scalable architectures and programming models
* Energy and resource management
* In-network processing and data aggregation
* Distributed query processing and data storage
* Applications of wireless sensor networks
* Localization, time-synchronization and calibration
* Simulation tools, operating systems and middleware
* Collaborative signal processing
* Distributed control and actuation
* Security
* Cross-layer design and optimization

Important Dates

Paper Submission Deadline: March 15, 2005
Notification of Acceptance: April 15, 2005
Camera-Ready Papers: May 1, 2005

Committee:

* Co-Chairs

Rajgopal Kannan, LSU, [email-masked]
Bhaskar Krishnamachari, USC, [email-masked]
Yi Pan, Georgia State University, [email-masked]
Pingzhi Fan, Southwest Jiaotong University, [email-masked]

* Vice Chairs

Deepak Ganesan, U Mass Amherst, [email-masked]
Chiti Francesco, Universit di Firenze, [email-masked]
Narayanan Sadagopan, USC, [email-masked]

* Publicity Chairs

Shuangqing Wei, LSU, [email-masked]
Marco Zuniga, USC, [email-masked]

More details can be found at:
http://bit.csc.lsu.edu/WirelessComm05/WSNsymposium/

Regards,

Organizing Committee (Symposium on Wireless Sensor Networks)

_______________________________________________
Mip6 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip6