Subject: [Mip6] ACM PODC 2005: Call for Papers

From: Panagiota Fatourou <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2005 19:20:50 +0200 (EET)

We apologize if you receive the cfp more than once.

**************************************************************************

                            CALL FOR PAPERS

          Twenty-Fourth Annual ACM SIGACT-SIGOPS Symposium on
                  PRINCIPLES OF DISTRIBUTED COMPUTING
                              (PODC 2005)

                 July 17-20, 2005, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA

                     http://www.podc.org/podc2005/

IMPORTANT DATES
===============

Submission deadline:       February 7, 2005, at 17:59 EST 
Acceptance notification:     April 26, 2005
Camera-ready copy due:         May 20, 2005

SCOPE
=====

PODC continues to broaden the conference, and solicits papers on
all areas of distributed systems.  We encourage submissions
dealing with any aspect of distributed computing, including theory
and practice, systems, design, specification, verification,
implementation, application, and properties of distributed systems.
The common goal is to shed light on the principles of distributed
computing.

Topics of interest include, but are not limited to, the following 
subjects in distributed systems:

 - Distributed algorithms, correctness, complexity, and applications
 - Communication protocols
 - Distributed computing issues in the Internet and the Web
 - High-performance distributed computing and the computational grid
 - Multiprocessor/cluster architectures, algorithms, practice
 - Transport and application layer protocols, routing, scheduling,
   resource allocation
 - Algorithmic mechanism design
 - Networking: architecture, design, control, services, and applications
 - Mobile agents
 - Specification, semantics, and verification
 - Distributed middleware platforms, operating systems, and databases
 - Cryptographic and security protocols, security of distributed systems
 - Fault tolerance, availability, and self stabilization
 - Mobile computing, ad hoc and sensor networks
 - Shared memory
 - Synchronization: hardware, software, algorithms, architecture, practice
 - Distributed data management and search
 - P2P computing, overlay networks
 - Internet algorithms and data structures
 - Location-aware distributed computing

PROGRAM COMMITTEE
=================

Marcos Aguilera                 HP Labs
Jim Anderson                    UNC Chapel Hill
James Aspnes                    Yale, Chair
Amotz Bar-Noy                   Brooklyn College
Rida Bazzi                      ASU
Elizabeth Borowsky              Boston College
Bogdan Chlebus                  CU Denver
Artur Czumaj                    NJIT
Shlomi Dolev                    Ben-Gurion U.
Cyril Gavoille                  LaBRI
Rachid Guerraoui                EPFL
Danny Hendler                   U. Toronto
Lisa Higham                     U. Calgary
Prasad Jayanti                  Dartmouth
Dahlia Malkhi                   Microsoft Research, Hebrew U.
Michael Mitzenmacher            Harvard
Mark Moir                       Sun
Boaz Patt-Shamir                Hp Labs, Tel-Aviv U.
Michael Reiter                  CMU
Jared Saia                      UNM
Rahul Sami                      MIT
Haifeng Yu                      Intel Research Pittsburgh, CMU

HOW TO SUBMIT
=============

Information on how to submit electronically will be available at:

    http://www.podc.org/podc2005/

SUBMISSIONS FORMAT
==================

All submissions must be in Postscript or PDF format. On the cover
page, include:

(1) contact person's name, phone, fax, email and complete postal
    mail address,
(2  title of paper,
(3) names and affiliations of all authors,
(4) a brief abstract,
(5) keywords, and
(6) the number of pages.

In addition, please indicate in boldface whether any author is a
member of the program committee, and, for a regular presentation,
whether it is eligible for the best student paper award (see
details below), and whether it should be considered a brief
announcement (if not accepted as a regular presentation).

All submissions must report on original research. A submission
for a regular presentation must be no longer than 10 pages on
letter-size paper using at least 11-point font.  Additional
details may be included in a clearly marked appendix, which
will be read at the discretion of the program committee. Papers
submitted for regular presentations must not have previously
appeared in a journal or conference with published proceedings
and must not be concurrently submitted to any other conference.
Any partial overlap with any such published or concurrently
submitted paper must be clearly indicated.

A submission for a brief announcement must be no longer than 3
pages on letter-size paper using at least 11-point font.  Such
submissions may describe work in progress or work presented
elsewhere.  If requested by the authors, a submission that
is not selected for regular presentation may also be considered
for a brief announcement.  Such a request will not affect
consideration of the paper for regular presentation.

Posters and demonstrations are also solicited; details will appear
on the conference web page.

PODC AND SPAA
=============

PODC 2005 is colocated with the 17th ACM Symposium on Parallelism in
Algorithms and Architectures.  Joint submissions to both conferences 
are not permitted.

BEST STUDENT PAPER AWARD
========================

A prize will be given to the best student paper. A paper is
eligible if at least one author is a full-time student at the
time of submission, and the contribution of the student is
significant. This must be noted on the cover page. The program
committee may decline to make the award or split it.

_______________________________________________
Mip6 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip6