Subject: [Mip6] CFP: BroadNets 2005 Broadband Applications and Services Symposium

From: B Krishnamachari <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 14:25:36 -0500

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
CALL FOR PAPERS

Second Annual International Conference on Broadband Networks
(BroadNets 2005)
Broadband Applications and Services Symposium
October 3 - 7, 2005
Boston, Massachusetts, USA
http://www.broadnets.org/2005

Submission Deadline: February 1, 2005
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

SCOPE
-----

BroadNets 2005 is an international conference focusing on broadband
networking and covers the entire gamut of next generation networks
with high bandwidth available for both wireless and wireline networks.
The conference will consist of the following three symposia:

** Broadband Wireless Networking Symposium: It covers mobility,
 routing for multihop, multimedia QoS and traffic management,
 cross-layer optimization, MAC and emerging physical layer
 technologies (UWB, MIMO) for high-speed wireless networking.

** Broadband Optical Networking Symposium: It covers WDM technologies,
 Ethernet and MPLS integration into the optical layer,
 Next-Generation SONET/SDH, as well as SAN extensions over
 DWDM/SONET/SDH.

** Broadband Applications/Services Symposium: It covers middleware and
 service architectures for broadband applications, pervasive
 computing and ubiquitous communications, and universal broadband
 access for information services.

BroadNets 2005 will thus offer a unique forum for researchers from
academia, government and industry to share ideas and disseminate new
results in these important areas.

This Call for Papers describes the details for the Broadband
Applications/Services Symposium ONLY. (Refer to the www.broadnets.org/2005
website for the details of Broadband Optical Networking Symposium and
Broadband Wireless Networking Symposium.) This Symposium invites
academic and industry researchers to present issues and opportunities
for tomorrow?s IT infrastructure as driven by broadband applications and
services.  We invite the research community to present the most recent
advances in this field, to discuss exciting research topics and development
of testbeds and applications, and to share their research and development
experiences.  We hope to organize one or more panel sessions of
industry leaders to offer them an opportunity to outline their vision for
future broadband networks, as well as to offer academic and national
laboratory researchers an opportunity to ask questions/provide feedback
to these industry leaders.  Our goal is to raise the awareness of new
industry developments in the academic community, and, at the same time,
to establish a sound link between applied and theoretical research.

Topics of interest for which we are soliciting full-length papers include,
but are not limited to, the following:

·       Applications for security and privacy
·       Applications and services for grid networks
·       Grid middleware
·       Collaborative remote visualization and virtual reality
·       Data mining and high-speed file transfer applications
·       Collaborative computational steering
·       Multimedia applications for wireless networks
·       Multimedia applications for optical networks
·       Video-conferencing and video-telephony
·       Video-on-demand, TV-on-demand
·       Ultra Wideband (UWB) applications
·       Applications in 3G/4G networks
·       Applications and services in integrated 3GPP-WLAN networks
·       Applications for wireless indoor & home networks
·       Applications in large-scale sensor networks
·       P2P applications
·       Applications for overlay networks
·       Multicast applications
·       Broadband access applications
·       Pricing models for new services
·       Standards, licensing and regulation
·       Economics and business cases
·       Applications for e-government, e-health and e-science
·       Storage applications

IMPORTANT DATES
---------------

Submission Deadline:            February 1, 2005
Acceptance Notification:        May 1, 2005
Final Manuscript Due:           June 1, 2005

PAPER SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS
-----------------------------

Authors are invited to submit full papers of up to 10 pages in IEEE
conference proceedings format.  Papers should be submitted in PDF
format to the respective symposium through the EDAS system at
http://edas.info/Conference.cgi.

CONFERENCE ORGANIZING COMMITTEE
-------------------------------

General Chair:
Dr. Arun Somani, Iowa State University, [email-masked]

General Vice Chair:
Dr. Thomas Hou, Virginia Tech, [email-masked]

Technical Program Chairs - Services and Applications Symposium
Dr. Malathi Veeraraghavan, Univ. of Virginia, [email-masked]
Dr. Admela Jukan, NSF, [email-masked]

Technical Program Chair- Wireless Networking Symposium:
Dr. Sherman Shen, Univ. of Waterloo, [email-masked]

Technical Program Chairs - Optical Networking Symposium
Dr. David Griffith, NIST, [email-masked]
Dr. Srini Ramasubramanian, Univ. of Arizona, [email-masked]

Workshops Chair:
Dr. Wendi Heinzelman, University of Rochester, [email-masked]
Dr. Byrav Ramamurthy, University of Nebraska-Lincoln, [email-masked]
Dr. Behcet Sarikaya, University of Northern British Columbia,
            [email-masked]

Tutorials Chair:
Dr. Steven Low, Cal. Tech., [email-masked]

Panels Chairs:
Dr. Surendar Chandra, Univ. of Notre Dame, [email-masked]
Dr. Rudra Dutta, NCSU, [email-masked]

Publicity Chairs:
Dr. Bhaskar Krishnamachari, USC, [email-masked]
Dr. Takeo Hamada, Fujitsu Labs of America, [email-masked]

Website/Information Systems Chair:
Dr. Shiwen Mao, Virginia Tech, [email-masked]

Publications Chairs:
Dr. Ahmed Kamal, Iowa State University, [email-masked]
Dr. Hui Zang, Sprint Adv. Tech. Labs, [email-masked]

Exhibits and Sponsorships Chair:
Dr. Sai Shankar N, Philips Research USA, [email-masked]

Steering Committee Co-Chairs:
Dr. Imrich Chlamtac, UT Dallas, [email-masked]
Dr. Krishna Sivalingam, Univ. of Maryland, Baltimore County,
              [email-masked]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

_______________________________________________
Mip6 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip6