Subject: [Mip6] PODC 2005: Call for Posters

From: Panagiota Fatourou <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2005 19:13:33 +0200 (EET)

************************************************************************
* We apologize if you receive multiple copies of this call.
************************************************************************

   ACM Symposium on Principles of Distributed Computing - PODC 2005 
                          
                              CALL FOR POSTERS

In a continuing effort to provide a wide forum for work in areas related to
principles of distributed computing, and following the good reception of the
poster presentations last year, PODC will again feature poster presentations. 
Submissions for the poster presentation should  report on interesting original 
results or ongoing work in the general area of distributed computing. Poster 
presentations will enable authors to receive early feedback on their work and 
exchange ideas.

Posters will be on display during a part of the conference.  At specific
times (called "poster sessions") one of the authors of an accepted poster
submission  is required to be present to answer questions about their
posters.  Poster presentations should consist of no more than the
equivalent (in size) of 12 A4 pages. Poster presentation will not appear
in the conference proceedings, however we intend to publish a technical
report of the hosting university with up to 3 pages per poster.

MOST POPULAR POSTER AWARD

In order to encourage quality submissions and presentations, the most 
popular poster award will be presented. The winner of the award will be chosen
by vote of the conference attendees. Authors of the winning poster
will receive a certificate to that effect.

SUBMISSION GUIDELINES

All submissions must be done electronically in Postscript or PDF format and
include

     (1)  contact person's name, phone, fax, email 
          and complete postal mail address, 
     (2)  title of poster presentation, 
     (3)  names and affiliations of all authors

In addition, please indicate in boldface whether any author is a member of the
program committee. Authors are encouraged to send 3 pages explaining the main
aspect of their work. Posters will be judged based on their potential to
generate interesting exchanges of ideas.

Instructions for electronic submissions will appear on the PODC 2005
website: www.podc.org/podc2005.

IMPORTANT DATES

    Submission deadline: February 28 2005
    Notification of Acceptance: March 31, 2005
    Technical Report version: June 7, 2004

For more information, please contact
        Rida Bazzi:   [email-masked]         (PODC 2005 Poster Chair)
or     James Aspnes:  [email-masked]    (PODC 2005 Program Chair)

_______________________________________________
Mip6 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip6